Matilda's book launch - Rocky's bar, Sosua

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Went there this afternoon and was thrilled to meet Lindsay and Danilo, along with a bunch of Dr1s that I can now put a face to.
I bought a copy of the book even though I already had the Kindle version. My husband is not a book reader, but he wants to read this and I can't relinquish my Kindle to him!:bunny:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I went, and I'm glad I DID!!
I only had a few minutes to spend,before my "Ride" left for "SD".
I wanted "MORE", a LOT "MORE"!
Nice people, got my "BOOKS", and brought back great memoriesof when I used to stay at "ROCKY's", and the "DR1" dinners we used to have there at many North American Holiday celebrations.
Those "Pot Lucks" were faaaaabulous!
What Happened"??
We need to do them AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Memorial Day" is coming.
Anyone have an interest in a "Memorial Day, "Pot Luck", and "Rocky's Kitchen, "Get-To-Gather"???
I guess I should get an "OK" from Rick, before I offer his place???
Anyway, let's "TALK" about it!
Now, I have really great news for someone who wants an "Autographed Copy of Lindsay's book!
I procured one copy to offer "FREE" if you couldn't get to Sosua!!
"Free", but you have to come to my house in Arroyo Hondo Santo Domingo and have a coffee with me, and smoke a good cigar!!!
First "PM" is the "LUCKY" winner!
I'll post who "Wins" in this thread.
"GO!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
It was delightful to finally meet Lindsay,Danilo & Eudy. Looking forward to reading the book especially autographed by the famous Chivorico! I agree with Snowbird it was great to meet DR1ers in person.

Caz

May 15, 2004
Lindsey - always a pleasure to get together with you - but especially for such a good occasion! Hugs!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
cccc, i missed you by minutes, apparently. my car cannot go fast enough :(

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Mercedes 500s can FLY!
I wish it was MINE!
We have a "Provisional Winner" in the "Free Book" giveaway!
I expect their call Manana.
I will not release their name until AFTER "Coffee & Cigars".
To protect the innocent!
And to be sure they live to tell the tail!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Matilda, I'm so very happy for you, glad the book signing went well. I wish you all the best on this book and continued success on future undertakings.

NotLurking

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
We dreamers have our ways
Of facin' rainy days
And somehow we survive
We keep the feelings warm
Protect them from the storm
Until our time arrives
Then one day the sun appears
And we come shinin' through those lonely years

Barry manilow lol

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
by the way copies of the book will be available on saturday at the jolly roger, for those who missed out - see Bill the movie man, unsigned im afraid

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Wanted so bad to go. Especially now that I know that Chivirico was there. Hopefully (you may have posted this answer) you will come to Santo Domingo so those of us in the area will have the privilege of meeting and getting our copy signed.Happy to see you had a great turnout and had a guest star (Chivirico) to boot.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Chivirico took most of the pics - so there are a lot of food, the ceiling and a packet of cigarettes. Here are a few that worked,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
DSCF3260_zpsf9127a2c.jpg

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Many thanks to Rick as well for letting me set up shop in Rocky's

Matilda

Matilda,

It was my pleasure and I was so happy to see such a great turnout for you. The book is a fantastic read and really opens one's eyes to the darker side of this beautiful country we call home. Especially the politics. The lighter moments in the book are just feel good moments that I will charish for a long time.

Matilda was good enought to leave five unsigned copies at Rocky's of her book. If you missed the event, we have a few available for those in and around Sosua.

Take care all and best of luck to Matilda and her family in the future. After all you guys have been through, you deserve some peace.

Rick