Medical insurance?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I have Humano, no problem. Filled out the paperwork, had a physical, done.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
derfish, it's not true. It was at one time impossible to get insurance past 65 unless you had it earlier. Not so now. Humano writes insurance for people 65, 70 and older with a physical and any pre-existing exempted. Easy process and 4 levels of coverage available.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I tried to search this but no luck. Does someone have an idea what the cost would be for medical insurance for a young couple with a baby? I am asking for a Dominican employee.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
according to my broker, Universal is the only company which will continue a policy past the age of 70 WITHOUT a medical exam... so the issue is that they may or may not chose to cover you depending on your health at that age.

Another option is to check out the international plans offered by Dominican companies, which would also include the US. If you are 66 and 64, one of you is Medicare eligible and maybe has that?

The other consideration is that there is a yearly limit of 1.5 million on most of the Dominican policies... something like that.. or a lifetime cap which does not look anything like the US.. but the prices are nothing like the US either.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Is there an age cut-off for getting in with Humano?

i have the ARS Humano Platinum plan since a looong time. i use ARS for the whole family and have for my employees the ARS Royal Plan. as for age cut off's, i just had a couple, firends of mine which i have included in my Medic contract on the company's name, who upgraded their prior Royal Plan to the Platinum Plan, the only requirement i've been told been that if they are 60 years or older then they would have be sent to a medical check prior to the upgrade to the platinum plan. they are both younger, so they could upgrade right away. the same for new additions, nobody under 60 been ever checked for prior conditions, all went in smoothly just by signing the paper. we use them for many mebers since well over 10 years, Platinum and Royal Plans, and to date we are very satisfied with their coverage, responsitivity on questions(just 10 minutes ago i've been exchanging whatsapp messages with the girlie handling my plans, about the couple which upgraded to Platinum, their new cards can be received at the Bavaro Office tomorrow. the Lady handling my stuff is based in La Romana). to date been well worth the bucks spent.

Mike

martes

Feb 15, 2015
Drro:
Unfortunately I cannot send you a PM, I guess its because I just registered, but can you please send me the contact details of your insurance agent in Puerto Plata? That would be great!
Thank you very much.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Wouldnt want to go without insurance in the USA as you could go bankrupt easy. Here in the RD the medical and hospital charges are so much lower I wonder if insurance is cost effective for those of us with preexisting conditions...the reasonable priced RD policies dont cover preexisting conditions...of course maybe some people dont disclose them to the insurance co.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a car accident could easily cost you thousands of dollars. i'd rather pay little money regularly than one day choke on large payment for a surgery or emergency.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Wouldnt want to go without insurance in the USA as you could go bankrupt easy. Here in the RD the medical and hospital charges are so much lower I wonder if insurance is cost effective for those of us with preexisting conditions...the reasonable priced RD policies dont cover preexisting conditions...of course maybe some people dont disclose them to the insurance co.

the medical charges are much lower than the ripp off USA prices in comparison, BUT still high enough to force you to sell a house to pay for medical services if you have no insurance coverage. serious stuff is here not treated with just a few thousand dollars, several 10K's can be spent in an eyeblink when the health shyt hits the Vent.

Mike

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I don't think you've posted enough to get PMs. I'm not comfortable putting a name, phone number and email address in the posts for everyone to see. If you have another way for me to contact you, let me know and I'll be happy to do so.

Regards
Ro

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I don't think you've posted enough to get PMs. I'm not comfortable putting a name, phone number and email address in the posts for everyone to see. If you have another way for me to contact you, let me know and I'll be happy to do so.

Regards
Ro

why not?
a agent for a insurance company should be very happy to have his/her contact info published,
its not a entrance into any private secret space.

Mike

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
why not?
a agent for a insurance company should be very happy to have his/her contact info published,
its not a entrance into any private secret space.

Mike

Would also like the details of this health insurance and details published here as I am now unhappy that CMC in Sosua will not accept Monumental Insurance anymore. I really don't want always go to POP or Santiago (long way for me) as we had to before CMC existed. I have had pretty good treatment and service by Dr Gomez in Sabaneta with regard to my recent attack by my cow and the subsequent infection which still persists! Don't laugh as it has not been funny lol

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Would also like the details of this health insurance and details published here as I am now unhappy that CMC in Sosua will not accept Monumental Insurance anymore. I really don't want always go to POP or Santiago (long way for me) as we had to before CMC existed. I have had pretty good treatment and service by Dr Gomez in Sabaneta with regard to my recent attack by my cow and the subsequent infection which still persists! Don't laugh as it has not been funny lol

birdie,
i mean it is not very unusual that people get heart attacks, attacked by burglars etc etc,
but a cow attack is new on my list, thanks for the addy, lol.
i cant talk about any other insurance company, i just know that our ARS Humano insurance allows us here on the Eastshores/Punta Cana area to visit every doctor/medical center i would know about, inclusing every clinic in the area.
also my wifey on her visits to Mommy near Santiago visits doctors there and gets accepted with the ARS Humano insurance.
our insurance is handled by their office here in Bavaro, Plaza Tobacco, my agent's name is Aracelis Dietsch Ramirez, she is located in their head office in La Romana, e-mail contact aracelisdietsch29.adr@gmail.com and cellphone 1-809-850-9555 and with the same cellphone number she is very responsive on whatsapp, too.
tell her a big hello from Mike, she will know me as simply "Mike", that may better my next christmas present form their company, lol.
jokes aside, i pay ARS over 600Grand Pesos per year, if you tell her you come from Mike from Mike's Marina you will get their VIP Treatment.

Mike

martes

Feb 15, 2015

Regards
Ro

Oh, ok. I thought that only I cannot send PMs but at least I could receive them...
I'll just write three more posts, then I'll send you a PM.

martes

Feb 15, 2015
birdie,
i mean it is not very unusual that people get heart attacks, attacked by burglars etc etc,
but a cow attack is new on my list, thanks for the addy, lol.
i cant talk about any other insurance company, i just know that our ARS Humano insurance allows us here on the Eastshores/Punta Cana area to visit every doctor/medical center i would know about, inclusing every clinic in the area.
also my wifey on her visits to Mommy near Santiago visits doctors there and gets accepted with the ARS Humano insurance.
our insurance is handled by their office here in Bavaro, Plaza Tobacco, my agent's name is Aracelis Dietsch Ramirez, she is located in their head office in La Romana, e-mail contact aracelisdietsch29.adr@gmail.com and cellphone 1-809-850-9555 and with the same cellphone number she is very responsive on whatsapp, too.
tell her a big hello from Mike, she will know me as simply "Mike", that may better my next christmas present form their company, lol.
jokes aside, i pay ARS over 600Grand Pesos per year, if you tell her you come from Mike from Mike's Marina you will get their VIP Treatment.

Mike

Thanks for the info. Does your agent prefer to speak Spanish or English?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
My insurance agent is Jeannette Ogando, she can be reached at ogando72@hotmail.com or her cell is 809-757-0851 .

She speaks English, is very reliable and responsible. I have Humano with her and she offered 4 levels of coverage and after discussing my needs and current insurance, she suggested the 2nd level, didn't try to upsell me or anything.

Her office is in Puerto Plata, never been, she comes to Sosua to meet with me, if necessary.

I pay twice a year by credit card.

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to answer.

Good luck.

Regards
Ro