Medical insurance?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
My insurance agent is Jeannette Ogando, she can be reached at ogando72@hotmail.com or her cell is 809-757-0851 .

She speaks English, is very reliable and responsible. I have Humano with her and she offered 4 levels of coverage and after discussing my needs and current insurance, she suggested the 2nd level, didn't try to upsell me or anything.

Her office is in Puerto Plata, never been, she comes to Sosua to meet with me, if necessary.

I pay twice a year by credit card.

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to answer.

Good luck.

Regards
Ro

Have sent her an email, thanks Ro

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
My agent is Alvarez Serez now in La esperilla, SD and also in Las Terrenas.. phone in sd 809 563 367 in LT 809 91 0436

great service.. they send a messenger to pick up payments and also pick up any receipts for out of network doctors for reimbursements. There is at least one person in SD who speaks English. They did go over all the plans with me.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
vacation outside of your country or to reside as a expatriate outside of your country makes a big difference on the necessary medic insurances and their coverages. i can't tell anything about the rules of USA insurers, but my german "vacationers" insurance was limited on how long i could stay at a time out of my country to stay covered for a doctor/hospital visit in the foreign country, and it did not cover/be valid anymore fro the moment on when i received my Residency.

Mike

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Mike
I am USA citizen so the only requirement is that I can not reside in the USA for more than six months in a calendar year (no problem). I live in the DR and work in South America. So, I purchased the international plan for which I am covered in any country at anytime. It also has evacuation insurance so I can return to the USA and basically choose my provider. Beats the **** out of Obama Care, but does not qualify, so I get the fine. Muahhh....

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"If You LIKE Your Doctor.You Can KEEP Your Doctor"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
"THANKS,..."Barry"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
U.S. citizens living in a foreign country for at least 330 days of a 12-month period

Mike
I am USA citizen so the only requirement is that I can not reside in the USA for more than six months in a calendar year (no problem). I live in the DR and work in South America. So, I purchased the international plan for which I am covered in any country at anytime. It also has evacuation insurance so I can return to the USA and basically choose my provider. Beats the **** out of Obama Care, but does not qualify, so I get the fine. Muahhh....

As long as your are out of the USA for the required time of 330 days in a year, YOU DO NOT GET the Obamacare fine.

U.S. citizens living outside the U.S.. U.S. citizens living in a foreign country for at least 330 days of a 12-month period are not required to get health insurance

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
I am situated in PC and I use Fernando Otero Trilles who is Dominican but speaks EXCELLENT English, he is a broker (ACE) and will allow you to pick the policy and company that suits your personal use (e.g. I use ARS Hermano and my o/h uses ARS Universal - both are platinum policies). His office is located in Friusa (near Banco Caribe); the office number is 809 552 1751. Tell him I sent you and you will get the VIP treatment too.