Metro Line 2B

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Question for a MOD? Is it possible to change the title of this thread to Metro Line 2B? I think adding the word Metro might cause more people to open and read the thread. When Line 2B does indeed open hopefully there will be a little more chit chat.

Ask and you shall receive. :)

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Not surprising the opening is long past due I would think, but not put money on it, that it should open either this month or August since they announced July as the start up date just a few short months ago. It would be great if when they open it they ban all conchos on Vicente de Paul. (better get out the military if they do this).

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Thanks

MiamiDRGuy said:
News just in, Metro got 6 new cars and says service will satrt in August for the Line 2B

I rode Metro on Monday night the 16th. I was aware that Line 2B was scheduled to open the 15th. I did notice on the station stop display in the cars they have added the additional 4 stops but the lights did not light up as if to signify not in service. After reading your new info i guess i intercepted it right.

No doubt they need those additional cars........... only two years late opening but i can see the light at the end of the tunnel, just how long is that tunnel................. still Good News

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Will be nice to hop off Caribe at Kilometer 9 and take the metro2 all the way over to
Mega Centro. No more traffic jam nonsense.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
CristoRey said:
Will be nice to hop off Caribe at Kilometer 9 and take the metro2 all the way over to
Mega Centro. No more traffic jam nonsense.
Sure would be and i am sure those in SD este would love the easy ride to one of the malls in Centro on a Sunday afternoon.

Not going off topic but kilometer 9 is the local name for what i have been calling for years Chaos Transpo Central at avenida luperon and JFK. I never got a grasp on this kilometer stuff.............quick question so back on topic

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Once the folks on the east side start using the metro it would be good to get the conchos off of San Vicente de Paul. Yea I know the sindicos (mafia) won't like it but I care as much about their feelings as they care about my vehicle when I am trying to get past them on the road.

nekokatt

Feb 25, 2012
Good article in English about the metro including Linea 2 expansion and future

don't forget 10 and 20 discounted rides if you have rechargeable tarjeta

http://mapa-metro.com/en/dominican-republic/santo-domingo/santo-domingo-metro-map.htm

rd%20futura%20metro%20map.jpg

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Won't be long now, and let's not forget that also means a few more job opportunities.

Please define "long", lol.

Thanks dv8 for answering CristoRey's question. The opening is two years late but factor in Dominican time and it is right on time. This is great news for those in SD este and even those in centro who may need to get to Mega Centro.

Miracles never cease...………….

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
up and running already:
https://www.diariolibre.com/noticia...-metro-y-la-deja-en-funcionamiento-DG10525457
bigbird, go forth, check it out and report back.

I most certainly will, although i will wait a couple weeks for the initial excitement to calm down. I need to go to Mega Centro so for me a nice, easy ten minute walk to the Metro, a A/C ride underground and I am there. Most likely go during rush hour traffic just for that good feeling of I am moving and everyone above is sitting in a parking lot.

They didn't waste much time once they got the additional cars delivered. No way could they have opened the expansion without additional coaches. Even now it will still be standing room only. Those who have never ridden the Metro you would be amazed at the volume of passengers it handles daily. Just my guess but I think the ridership exceeds la rep dom's expectations.

What's next?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I most certainly will, although i will wait a couple weeks for the initial excitement to calm down. I need to go to Mega Centro so for me a nice, easy ten minute walk to the Metro, a A/C ride underground and I am there. Most likely go during rush hour traffic just for that good feeling of I am moving and everyone above is sitting in a parking lot.

They didn't waste much time once they got the additional cars delivered. No way could they have opened the expansion without additional coaches. Even now it will still be standing room only. Those who have never ridden the Metro you would be amazed at the volume of passengers it handles daily. Just my guess but I think the ridership exceeds la rep dom's expectations.

What's next?
plan-metro.jpg

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
@JD, the map is for future Linea 4, 5, and 6. What happened to Line 3? :)

As much as I love the Metro I have a funny feeling we won't be seeing any new construction in the near future. I think Medina is going to put this on the back burner and do the second Teleferico. Either way I am one happy camper every time i go underground. I have no use for the Teleferico but I will continue to take a ride every now and then just for the fun of it. I have to keep up on those rooftop advertisements.

Ooops, disregard. Looked at the map again and I think the yellow is Line 3 going parallel to 27 de febrero.

and it all started with IKEA, that is one busy area now.............

Last edited:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
@JD, the map is for future Linea 4, 5, and 6. What happened to Line 3? :)

As much as I love the Metro I have a funny feeling we won't be seeing any new construction in the near future. I think Medina is going to put this on the back burner and do the second Teleferico. Either way I am one happy camper every time i go underground. I have no use for the Teleferico but I will continue to take a ride every now and then just for the fun of it. I have to keep up on those rooftop advertisements.

Ooops, disregard. Looked at the map again and I think the yellow is Line 3 going parallel to 27 de febrero.

and it all started with IKEA, that is one busy area now.............

I think you're right. The Telefericos go up much faster than the Metros.

They've been talking about one from Los Alcarizzos into the city for some time now.

If you spend any time in that area at all, you'll see it's one with one of the highest concentration of conchos.

BTW, anybody noticed INTRANT is starting to pull public transport vehicles in poor condition off the roads?

It's not talked about much, but this gov't. has never been a friend of the public transit guys. All of the mass transit has been implemented by the PLD.

There probably isn't a PLD person in the bunch.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I think you're right. The Telefericos go up much faster than the Metros.

They've been talking about one from Los Alcarizzos into the city for some time now.

If you spend any time in that area at all, you'll see it's one with one of the highest concentration of conchos.

BTW, anybody noticed INTRANT is starting to pull public transport vehicles in poor condition off the roads?

It's not talked about much, but this gov't. has never been a friend of the public transit guys. All of the mass transit has been implemented by the PLD.

There probably isn't a PLD person in the bunch.

In few more months its suppose to start to notice more trash cars out of streets. They are also building bus stations outside of city. I saw one they are finishing in Boca Chica, will move out the 2 bus stop and that will cut the peatonal pass by the highway that slow transit to Santo "domingo by that part of the hightway because people all the time running from one side to another.