Mi Taverna

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Well if you can get that 5-10% of the market then you would make good money.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The point is, its a hookah bar, so if people don't like the smoke then obviously, people who are bothered by the smoke will not venture inside. The place is for a certain targeted crowd. The people who go to retro and clubs alike will go to this place. The people who like indian food, will go there. This will be a place for trendy young crowd who like to hear lounge music, not bothered by hookah smoke (mind you its a flavored smoke) and daring enough to taste indian tandoori dishes (hint: naan and tikkas).
This will not be a sosua type bar nor a bar where old expats will discuss the same old boring topics. I will let oscar explain the rest, see if I am wrong.
AZB

mcfcfan

Aug 29, 2008
Hi AZB
I think we are agreeing on the cliental and name.

Only one thing I disagre with, "The expats only drink cuba libres and beer". I'm an expat and I drink wine rather than beer.
Have a great weekend.

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi - AZB is correct in his comments. Our regular clients at MiTaverna was a mix of Expats and young trendy Dominicans. What we could not do in the old location was bring in a more upscale crowd for dinners just because of the theme of a sports bar. Sports Bars and hang outs are great in the North or in some select locations in the East but in the Capital, unless you are inside a hotel, sports bar is a very difficult sale. Our advantages were our Draft beer that is only available in very select locations. So, in reference to the new location, our goals are as follows, Expats, Trendy Doms, Tourist and upscale Dominican Diners. The location will be a mix of a lounge and dinner spot. The lounge will cater to tandoori finger foods to snack on while enjoying a hookah in a buddah bar music type environment, while the dinner area will cater to a more upscale tandoori menu. The tandoor will be placed, so people can watch the food coming out of the tandoor and see how it is made. The decor, will be alot of white satin sheets hung from the walls, with alot of glass and deep colors, which are soothing to most people. So that is the idea - still work in progress for the finish product but the concept is as above
Oscar

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Buddha Bar RD

I think you just named it!

yoytw.jpg

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
I am looking forward to trying the food at Buddha bar. Indian food is great. And in a lounge easy going atmosfere. Sounds great. I still think a Irish Pub type of thing would be very succesfull.

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi All

To update everyone on the new place - unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control - I have delayed the opening till March 2009. Many contributing reasons are part of the reason for the delay. I am in negotiations for two spots in Zona colonial and once confirmed will let you know which one I chose. Please accept my apologizes to my diehard supporters and I promise you once opened - you will not be disappointed - all the best for 2009 Oscar