Miss Universe Pageant: Miss DR

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Dragonfly32837 said:
That is true. It is mostly the dark Dominicans that do not like to be out in the sun so much....

Not true, many whites don't like going in the sun either. They could be the blondest and they would tell their kids, "saite dei soi que te va a ponei preita" lol , "stay out of the sun you'll get black", funny stuff. Warning:this is Cibaenos spanish, do not copy.

May 31, 2005
Miss Latvia is so tanned that her blond hair looks fake. Who knows? It might be fake. I mean the hair not the tan. But the tan could be fake too...

May 31, 2005
M.A.R. said:
Not true, many whites don't like going in the sun either. They could be the blondest and they would tell their kids, "saite dei soi que te va a ponei preita" lol , "stay out of the sun you'll get black", funny stuff. Warning:this is Cibaenos spanish, do not copy.
Read again. I said mostly. Not all!

May 31, 2005
It has been a long time since I have seen someone that striking at a Miss Universe pageant. It is starting to look like Miss America. No offense.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
M.A.R. said:

I noticed in cultures with mixed skin types ligher color is preference for some reason ...

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Dragonfly32837 said:
It has been a long time since I have seen someone that striking at a Miss Universe pageant. It is starting to look like Miss America. No offense.

I don't think such contests are really for "the most beautiful woman," i have seen better looking women on the street:), it is just for those girls who look good enough, are tall enough and willing to participate ...

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Dragonfly32837 said:
Read again. I said mostly. Not all!

Yes I get you, that's why I said Dominicans (in general). I didn't say all either.

But yes Ms. DR would benefit from a little color, even if its fake color. If makes her look healthier.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Double D's Please....

Avrora said:
I don't think such contests are really for "the most beautiful woman," i have seen better looking women on the street:), it is just for those girls who look good enough, are tall enough and willing to participate ...
A 6' Blonde or Brunette with the face of a Ms. Peru, India, Iceland.... is enough for me (well, they still need bigger boobies!)

-Helpmann :laugh:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Pardon me but are they allowed to have breast enchantment operation? They all look like they were bought in the same store. ;)

Opps except maybe Miss Malaysia. She looks natural

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Go to the "DD-Cup Store!!"

AnnaC said:
Pardon me but are they allowed to have breast enchantment operation? They all look like they were bought in the same store. ;)
Yeah, the "C-Cup Store"

-Helpmann :(

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Almost....

Avrora said:
I noticed in cultures with mixed skin types ligher color is preference for some reason ...
Yeah, pretty much, with the exception of Rwanda.

-Helpmann :surprised

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Some of them have pretty faces, others various body parts. Is there a perfect woman where all these parts would come together in one???

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Ooops!...

Avrora said:
Some of them have pretty faces, others various body parts. Is there a perfect woman where all these parts would come together in one???
Britney Spears?

-Helpmann :laugh:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I can't believe the color issue every year with the dumb tourists who only see the putas of boca chica and sosua.
yes, she is white and yes she is pretty. She is not only white but also very pretty. Get over with it, its the dominican image as well. Yes, there are a ton of white dominicans in cibao region. There are more white skin dominicans in the cibao region that the darker skin folks. So what is the problem? Does it have to be a girl who looks like a puta from boca chica to represent the typical dominican image? There are pretty black girls too but not too many compete in miss dominican republic contest. I guess some of you folks have not been to cibao region, dominican republic is not just beach and not all people are blacks, we have all shades of color.
Tell me one thing, why does she have to be a black dominicana? isn't this a beauty contest? Why can't the best girl win?
You people make me sick sometimes.
AZB

May 31, 2005
No one is talking about that AZB. Maybe you seem to be the one with the problem. We are just saying that she would have looked better with a tan. We are not saying that she should have been black. Hello?!