Mom killed during burglary- Feeding Orphaned dogs

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Thanks Acira

Hello, Thanks to Acira the pups are fine. A 2 week old dog of hers has accepted the pups. Thanks so much Acira!!!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
The thread title was misleading, I did open it expecting some story of a bungled burglary where a woman was murdered and she happened to be a foster parent for dogs. But is that a big deal, headlines are supposed to grab attention, are they not.
I disagree with the comment a dogs life is worth less than a human life, it depends on the human. These people/animals that felt the need to kill these dogs (and especially regarding the one who's dogs were mutilated afterwards) are not worth the moral cost of a rats life IMO, parasites should be exterminated, human or otherwise. I wouldn't blink an eye to see these guys put down infront of me. But I know that is out of context to what you meant Pedro so I'm not disagreeing, I know what you mean.
Actually Tomas could have worded his post better, using wordage like 'sensational details that would be sure to attract attention' and 'You can?t post all these ?irrelevant? details', and ' if the thread was about caring for puppies I wouldn't have spent any time reading it' there is no need to use wordage like this on such a sensitive and heartbreaking topic. If they were my dogs I can assure you I would be in a much more dramatic tone than the OP.
But it is his right to not feel as strongly about animals as others and this does not make him heartless in any way and so IMO BelK might have over reacted, but as dog lovers it is a sensitive subject and emotions are running high in some.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Make sure Chip doesn't get started on the sanctity of human life.

Jesus had a thing for prostitutes, vagabonds, thieves and outcasts - he valued them greatly.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am glad that puppies are fine.
and yes, i am one of those people who think an animal has more value than some humans. but it's the humans, really, who are at fault here, not the animals.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip, Why do you always attack non-native posters on their English skills when you disagree with them ? Frankly, it is surprising from someone whose so concerned about his second language skills (And who knows, their English skills may be superior to your Spanish ones ?)

I also think that he overreacted though, but he is a dog breeder or trainer, so that would explain it.

Maybe only because Belgiank and his wife have accusingly criticized me numerous times in the past???????

It's one thing to make a mistake in a language, it's another thing to constantly defame others in such an arrogant manner. If you have any doubt please read his post again. If they want to be treated with kid gloves because of their weak English knowledge then they should not make so many such gross and offensive assumptions.

BTW, Ida, I don't see you posting on here and making such gross accusations. When you have made mistakes of interpretation you have asked for clarification or apologized. All I get from Belgiank and their wife is we're not native speakers so we can libel you all we want without repercussion.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Hello, Thanks to Acira the pups are fine. A 2 week old dog of hers has accepted the pups. Thanks so much Acira!!!

Your welcome latitude19, pups are doing fine, had a good long night sleep after their ordeal and have gained on the skipped meals during the night. You were obviously quite in shock yesterday but I admire your spirit to take the drive to bring the pups. Hope you got some sleep also.

Acira

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I bet the puppies would make some juicy hotdogs. Yummy.
This morning a young male was killed and his body was found packed in plastic in the fridge of la sirena. I felt so sorry for the loss of a life, I bought it and gave it to the maid. I expect to eat juicy pollo guisado con arroz con guandules en coco. yummy.
AZB

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Your welcome latitude19, pups are doing fine, had a good long night sleep after their ordeal and have gained on the skipped meals during the night. You were obviously quite in shock yesterday but I admire your spirit to take the drive to bring the pups. Hope you got some sleep also.

Acira

Oh Wow, I missed this above if mentioned. Have you taken the pups on Acira?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I bet the puppies would make some juicy hotdogs. Yummy.
This morning a young male was killed and his body was found packed in plastic in the fridge of la sirena. I felt so sorry for the loss of a life, I bought it and gave it to the maid. I expect to eat juicy pollo guisado con arroz con guandules en coco. yummy.
AZB

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Oh Wow, I missed this above if mentioned. Have you taken the pups on Acira?

Yes, I have. I saw the cry out for help from lattitude on the board and since I have a litter laying here of two weeks old and his are 7 day's old, I knew that was the best solution, nothing better then the mothermilk itself and with that little age differerence, this works perfectly if the mother dog accepts the new ones which she did after a minute or so.

I am talking on this thread of nothing else then about the puppies. All I want to say about the rest is that if every body who is so bitching about the title of this thread, should have seen in what shock lattitude was yesterday and you would understand better.

Acira

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
That's a great thing you have done Acira, so glad the mother has taken to them, she must have a great temperament. Lats mind can ease a little now also, for what it's worth there has been a great effort on both parts.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
One of my dogs had a litter of puppies several years ago and the mother did not have milk, I brought all 8 puppies up healthy via canned goat milk as per advice from a good vet.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I used to give my pups when they were a bit bigger and were between starting to eat their mixed kibbles and drinking water, additional goat milk. When they are getting around 4 to 5 weeks old and getting bigger and stronger, they can put a real strain on the mom especially with their little sharp nails, so a belly full of kibble porridge and good goat milk made sure that mom got some time off.

So...my first litter here and seeing so much goats around, I figured it would not be a problem to get goat milk from one of the farmers...leche de chivo QUE???? :classic:

I stuck to given them yoghurt instead.

Acira

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Yes, I have. I saw the cry out for help from lattitude on the board and since I have a litter laying here of two weeks old and his are 7 day's old, I knew that was the best solution, nothing better then the mothermilk itself and with that little age differerence, this works perfectly if the mother dog accepts the new ones which she did after a minute or so.

I am talking on this thread of nothing else then about the puppies. All I want to say about the rest is that if every body who is so bitching about the title of this thread, should have seen in what shock lattitude was yesterday and you would understand better.

Acira

Both Lat and Acira have earned my respect. Lat had a problem, looked for answers and found most likely much more then expected. This while worried about their home.

Acira and others had some good suggestions but the best one was to find a mother dog that could provide the milk. It appears that Acira drove to get the puppies (?) and brought them back in hopes that the mother would except them. Problem solving and action at it's best.

Kudos to you both.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~ I am so sorry to hear of such a tragic event with the loss of the adult dogs...my condolances on your loss and your stress of having been violated so horrifically~

I am also quite humbled to read that there are giving people still out there looking to help their fellow mankind and pups for this matter. Acira my hats off to you on your humanitarism and I am happy to hear that your dog has taken to the newely adopted pups...