Mom killed during burglary- Feeding Orphaned dogs

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but as the dog alternative someone has posted about 'geese' being the security provider. Is this a company in Santiago called 'geese'? Or do you actually mean like the animal? As in these guys:

220px-Canada_goose.jpg

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Pups are doing fine, mine and the ones of Lattitude. Mom is also doing the best she can going from 9 to 13 is a big deal but she gets all the goodies she wants. Since 7 day's in age difference is, although I initially said not that big, it really is quite a big difference especially around feeding time. Mine are a bit bigger but their eyes are open so they are quicker and stronger to get to the nipples. Since mom has no probs me being around with feeding time I switch pups constantly, one of lattitudes, one of mine there and there haha, its like an ants nest. Last night I made my own proven coctail puppy milk for the newcomers so they get a last feeding late in the evening which is very nutricious so they can skip a meal at night and allow the others to drink a bit more. They are excellent bottle drinkers, no probs there either. Mom is getting Calcium tablets because she is producing a lot of milk now with the new stimuli.

Thanks for the head up but for me it just seemed the right thing to do.

Acira

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but as the dog alternative someone has posted about 'geese' being the security provider. Is this a company in Santiago called 'geese'? Or do you actually mean like the animal? As in these guys:

220px-Canada_goose.jpg

Yup they are talking about the animal. But the geese's from the DR are white geeses.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Yup they are talking about the animal. But the geese's from the DR are white geeses.

Unfortunately, although great guardians, they also eat everything so can be poisoned just as easily.

The difference between them and dogs is simple. If you picture a group of dogs and a group of geese, the difference is as follows:
You put money in the form of food in the frontside of the dog, and the backside produces nothing worth mentioning. If you are not quick enough to notice, then you get puppies. Those puppies you once again have to put money in, in the front, with the same result at the back.
With geese you also have to put money in the frontside, but aside from the normal produce at the backside, they also produce lovely eggs. And if you get tired of the noise they produce, you can eat them in revenge.

Just joking :)

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Geese will make your garden stink, goose crap is not pleasant, especially if the dogs start rolling in it which they will.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Geese will make your garden stink, goose crap is not pleasant, especially if the dogs start rolling in it which they will.

Yup this is soooo true, my father has them at his house, and they sh!t all over the place. They are good guard dogs...erm...geese.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
We said bye bye to the pups of Latitude a few day's ago. All is well and mom Flash with some help of me did a great job in feeding and nursing an extra bunch of puppies.
But now they are back where they belong, with Latitude and his lovely fiancee.

Keep us informed how they are doing will you?

Acira