Mongoose

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yup- 3 big ones nailed it.

The locals were all over the corpse inspecting it...
they hadn't seen one up close....

kg4jxt

Mar 28, 2014
I was walking around my house about a month ago, and heard a strange growling noise. I looked down the hill about ten feet to a bare patch and a Juron was there but apparently did not see me. I had work gloves and a machete with me, but did not have any intention of killing the juron; I just tossed a glove near it. It attacked the glove - biting it! I tossed the other glove and it went after that too. Thinking this was odd, I moved toward the first glove and the juron came right toward me growling. I whacked it with the machete and that was the end.
Neighbors speculated that it might have had kits near and been protecting; or might have been rabid. Hard to know. But it definitely was aggressive. Other times when I have surprised one in the brush they have fled.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Well I have heard other stories William...put your pants in your boots, SAS style. Otherwise the PSA says no info available.

jtom343

Nov 8, 2017
I was walking around my house about a month ago, and heard a strange growling noise. I looked down the hill about ten feet to a bare patch and a Juron was there but apparently did not see me. I had work gloves and a machete with me, but did not have any intention of killing the juron; I just tossed a glove near it. It attacked the glove - biting it! I tossed the other glove and it went after that too. Thinking this was odd, I moved toward the first glove and the juron came right toward me growling. I whacked it with the machete and that was the end.
Neighbors speculated that it might have had kits near and been protecting; or might have been rabid. Hard to know. But it definitely was aggressive. Other times when I have surprised one in the brush they have fled.

The one in my house was definitely aggressive also. I heard my dog barking at something so I walked around to look for him thinking he was barking at a passerby outside. When I realized he wasn't there, I turned back to my house only to have this freaking thing jump out at me from under the couch bearing fangs and hissing at me. It went back to hiding there when I grabbed the first thing I could find which was a long bamboo stick. Definitely seem to be feisty little things to me..

BTW, I found my dog in another room hiding from this thing. Time for a bigger dog.