Monkey Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2005
what do you know about rap? seriously. do you know anything about rap?

there are several uplifting, inspirational, positive rap groups out there. gangsta rap is just a sub-genre. just as i do not condemn white music because of some headbanger devil worship crap, i do not expect people to give blanket condemnations of rap.

does this sound like a bunch of guys going to jack a liquor store?

Good Day-Nappy roots - YouTube

10151767_10152142708177545_2602252280560716313_n.jpg

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

typical of people like you, Frank. people make offensive remarks, and when others express their displeasure, it is because they have a chip on their shoulder. if i said something gratuitously demeaning about white culture, and you registered your disapproval, would that be because you have a chip on your shoulder?

May 12, 2005
typical of people like you, Frank. people make offensive remarks, and when others express their displeasure, it is because they have a chip on their shoulder. if i said something gratuitously demeaning about white culture, and you registered your disapproval, would that be because you have a chip on your shoulder?

How is not liking rap music the akin to not liking black people or black culture? You lost me there big guy. If it makes you feel better I don't care for country music.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
i am not sensitive about things close to me. if you had made an equally stupid remark about Andean flute music, i would be equally offended. instead of excusing yourself by calling other people sensitive, why don't you assume the responsibility upon youself to think before making remarks like that?

Again, if your that easily offend by my comments then your way to sensitive. There are times when you shouldn't wear your feelings on your shirt sleeve, where they can easily get bruised.
This is all I have to say so the rest of the thread you can play the victim role to full fullest.

drescape24

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
How is not liking rap music the akin to not liking black people or black culture? You lost me there big guy. If it makes you feel better I don't care for country music.

actually, there is some rap music that i detest. i seriously wonder how some of that crap comes out on recorded media. absolute garbage. however, to make a blanket statement that if you get into rap, you are headed down the road that this poor guy did is absolutely nonsensical. there are numerous guys in rap who lead positive lives. just ask Puffy, and guys like him.

May 12, 2005
actually, there is some rap music that i detest. i seriously wonder how some of that crap comes out on recorded media. absolute garbage. however, to make a blanket statement that if you get into rap, you are headed down the road that this poor guy did is absolutely nonsensical. there are numerous guys in rap who lead positive lives. just ask Puffy, and guys like him.

Not so sure about Puffy. Ask all those people who got trampled to death at CCNY. Anyways, I think that we can both agree that there is no redeeming value to Lil' Wayne.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Gentlemen, I gave you your instructions in the dressing room. Obey my command at all times When I say "break", I want a clean break.............in the event of a knock-down, you will be directed to go to a neutral corner. "Are there any questions"?.."You are both professionals so I expect a good, clean fight"! ,"Protect yourself at all times"!.. "Okay, touch gloves and come out at the bell"!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Again, if your that easily offend by my comments then your way to sensitive. There are times when you shouldn't wear your feelings on your shirt sleeve, where they can easily get bruised.
This is all I have to say so the rest of the thread you can play the victim role to full fullest.

drescape24

actually, you are the victim of the socialization which you wear on your sleeve. you can't victimize me. i don't even know you. i just commented on your remarks. when people like Joplin and Morrison were offing themselves with drugs, what was your assessment of white music then?

Status
Not open for further replies.