Moved my call center from the Philippines to Santiago

C

CristoRey

Since we do outbound calling for tech companies we must engage the prospect, they have no other reason to be on the phone with us. We need to be able to get a joke or change directions, ultimately we need to lead the discussion. We need to persuade and ask questions until we see an opportunity and close them. We are more like sales people but our sale is an appointment with a salesperson or to register for an event like a webinar. It's not easy. But that is also why we can pay better, we can charge more for our service. You can hire an inbound call center in the Philippines for as low as $4 and hour US, doesn't leave much to pay the employee.

I work in the call center industry here in the Dominican Republic
(and throughout Latin America).
PM me when you have enough post if you are interested in learning
more about campaigns I have available.

S

stevefarfsing

CristoRey, Thank you for your support. Pardon my ignorance but what does "have enough post" mean?

R

Riva_31

I work in the call center industry here in the Dominican Republic
(and throughout Latin America).
PM me when you have enough post if you are interested in learning
more about campaigns I have available.

Good to know hahaha maybe if I change to be unemployee will try to work in a Call Center.

W

waytogo

I don't doubt you were able to do this, software can be changed to any minimum post count.
When I started in 2009 it was either 10 or eleven, don't remember which.
Just checked stevefarfsing and currently at 7, he has PM capabilities.
It's possible AlterEgo made a change, I'm going to find out the current number of posts needed.........

S

stevefarfsing

I don't see where you reply privately. I assume that means I don't have enough posts.

S

stevefarfsing

A question, is DR1 a good place to post ads for employees? If so what are the rules or best practices? English skills, etc.

W

waytogo

I don't see where you reply privately. I assume that means I don't have enough posts.

Steve, put cursor on your name and click, click on view profile or private message, either one will do.....
Also, received Jeans e-mail, thank you.......

Sent you a test PM.....

M

mountainannie

Working at call centers is one of the Best Jobs that folks look for in the Capital. They are hard to get with exacting standards of English/American - as in quick comprehension and little to no accent. The starting pay is good - almost the same as a teacher in a private school when I was there - and the promotions are quick. Since the ones in the Capital are exacting (as they are in the States) there is a pretty high turn over in some of them.

I have a good friend who is a supervisor in one of them - I am Astonished at what they do - which is SIMULTANEOUS translations for 911 calls from all over the USA - Hospitals, Emergency Services of all types.. (I doubt that is their only contract just the one that I was really impressed with)

The company wants to promote him but the advanced training for executive training would require him to go to the USA and he is a deportee and can not return.

One of my friends who worked in a call center said that lots of the folks there were deportees so I imagine that they would have the same issue.

Ten years for cocaine possession is a pretty stiff charge (and a penalty beyond reason IMHO)...but it has made him a pillar of the Narcotics Anonymous community in the DR - which is a very large and thriving community.