Mudanzas: Post Your Shipper

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
I found Montero Shipping to be more expensive than others in South Florida. DV8's suggestion is solid with Vinicio, he is definitely cheaper.

Too bad I don't have my hookup at a shipping company any longer. I shipped a 55" Samsung 3D LED TV for free and got it through customs for freeeee. Those were the days

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The AC is 138 pounds so I could never get it on a flight.

Are there weight limits to a barrel? If not I'd imagine I could have someone scratch out the 24000btu part of the box, or for that matter have someone put permanent duct tape all over the box so nobody would know whats in it. At 138 pounds, I can't imagine anyone would be bothered to pull it out of the box. Or maybe so?

With mundanzas there is no weight limit. Price is based on the size of the box, and what's in it. "New in Box" appliances usually have a set fee - for example, a generator, a TV, an AC, are usually charged by their BTU/screen size.

If you can get it into a barrel, and you aren't honest about what is in the barrel, you may get away with it - but if it's xrayed or opened you may get held up for $$$ in DR.

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
If you can get it into a barrel, and you aren't honest about what is in the barrel, you may get away with it - but if it's xrayed or opened you may get held up for $$$ in DR.

Can i do the same with a box, or does it have to be a barrel?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
put in a box or barrel....tell the mudanza what it is..... he'll give you a price

that price will be the lowest you will ever hear

then ship it or not....

there is no magic here.... the more you try to dick the system... the worse off you'll be

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Can i do the same with a box, or does it have to be a barrel?

If it fits in one of their standard size boxes, it's the same. I think you're taking a chance repackaging a new AC to fit it into a smaller non-descript box.

And listen to WW's last post.

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
I told two mudanzas. One said it would be $350 the other said it would be $200.

But the same size box if I don't say what it is is $50-70.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
if you don't say what it is...

you might not get it

any dock worker works up a good sweat in a given day
might want to cool off at night in his bed

$200 sounds right.... they do inspect at times

shipper beware

gibbs

May 31, 2005
people must be tired of me saying

Awilda Shipping
Corona/Queens NY & Santiago

NY 718-505-9833

about $35/box and $130 a tanque

average delivery is 3wks... faster in summer, slower before Xmas
I have always delivered mine, so haven't tried consolidating
They pick up in the NYC area

So I need to ship some things for the first time and I will have to travel north as I live in Virginia... have you ever shipped more than a 35 lb box?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
So I need to ship some things for the first time and I will have to travel north as I live in Virginia... have you ever shipped more than a 35 lb box?

I have shipped every imaginable thing....

Just ship your package to them in NYC.... they will price it and you send them a check

The box goes off... pay in NYC by mail or on receipt in RD....
nothing easier

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This week, I dropped off a cooler (22" long +/-) which I bought at Dick's for $20 on sale.
I filled it with what I wanted and had Awilda wrap in cellophane.

Also, I had a power washer shipped (free) to them for forwarding to me..... $165 electric one, new.
Dimensions 24'Hx12"x12"

Price for both to me in Cabrera......$75

Pretty good price, I think.

and so easy ............

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
Last week on Long Island, I sent two large Items, One Long & heavy , a Console table Flat Packed & One Marble Sofa Table Also heavy, both cost $ 140.00 to ship from Embarque Jarabacoa , Roosevelt Long Island to Cabarete door to door. Total time is just over 2-weeks. As for re-packing items You are better off Stating what the item is upfront to the shipper , they give a you a price & the rest is thier worry.-Serge

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Right Serge, declare your items

2-3 weeks this time of year...under 3 normally.
Avoid Nov - Dec... very busy times, takes longer and more $$$, I find

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
just used bella vista from providence to nagua.shipped 4 pickup tires for 200.00 and a tank for 125.00.picked up at my door.dropped at my door. 26 days door to door.no theft

May 29, 2006
There are a half dozen businesses here in Hig?ey that receive orders from Amazon and other online vendors, but I haven't had the time to find out how it works

Feb 7, 2007
There are a half dozen businesses here in Hig?ey that receive orders from Amazon and other online vendors, but I haven't had the time to find out how it works

Well, invite me for couple of drinks of Johnny Double Black and I will gladly explain to you, in detail, how it works, including giving you a neatly laminated comparison chart with pros and cons of each of the major shippers. PM me for possible date/location.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
As I wasn't able to find current threads/infomation on this, and the mudanza we were planning to use to ship a few items (Embarque Bella Vista) is apparently out of business (used them once two years ago; service was excellent), asking for any current information on mudanzas (AE kindly already mentioned Camden Shipping).

We would need to be able to ship boxes to the US address of the mudanza from Europe (this is what we did with Embarque Bella Vista), who then forwards the boxes to the DR.

zoey_kat

Feb 2, 2007
Has anyone had any recent experience shipping from the Boston area to the North Coast?