My chikungunya

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
HUG, I know you're taking antibiotics, but it might be a good idea to buy a bottle of hydrogen peroxide [agua oxigenada in DR] and some cotton balls to dab onto the sores/boils. It's cheap, and it's painless, and will keep it clean and help them heal.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

May 5, 2007
HUG, I know you're taking antibiotics, but it might be a good idea to buy a bottle of hydrogen peroxide [agua oxigenada in DR] and some cotton balls to dab onto the sores/boils. It's cheap, and it's painless, and will keep it clean and help them heal.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Surely can't hurt

Do they use hyperbaric tents in the DR?

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Hopefully, the doctors did a culture and sensitivity. If he is taking an antibiotic that the infecting organism is immune to, it isn't much help.
When I was hospitalized in the US with the aftereffects of gangrene, that C & S was the first thing the infectious disease doctor ordered.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hug, get better soon. it seems to be that chikungunya lowered your immunity and opened you to secondary infections that are now causing abscesses. make sure to keep the skin dry and clean. i would not go crazy with agua oxygenada. it is good as a first aid but prolonged use is not recommended. it softens the tissue and stops forming of new skin cells. maybe ask your doctor to give you cream with antibiotic or maybe one of those multi purpose creams that also deal with fungi and inflammation.

it is important that you remain positive. i know this is taking toll on you but stay on track here be optimistic about your outlook. if you have any doubts or feel worse consider traveling back home (if possible and if you have healthcare and help available there).

good luck. fingers crossed!