My Father was murdered today

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
They ALL take a piece of the responsibility.

I stand by my statement.
As must the US Embassy who 'could not/would not get involved'. As must we ALL for the lack of fight we put up to ensure the truth came out.

But then ...... HELL, I like living & don't want a premature ending to it just yet. Many a good game of golf to play in the next 10 years!! :cheeky: :pirate:

Have you spoken with the family (you can PM or e-mail Lloyd's son through DR1) & offered your support to finding the true killer(s).
Have you contacted your Congressman or whatever to raise his/her consciousness to the corruption down here?
Have you spoken to the press to try to involve them in exposing the crime against ExPats of YOUR country that live (or have been killed) down here?

If not, join with us in the knowledge of our own failings at being able to fulfill OUR responsibilities! ~ Grahame.

Reactions: wuarhat

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey Miller, what kind of guy are you???
it is your right to stay by your "statement", this is a free country with a free speech bord where even you can make a statement.
what the hell brings you to the point to consider to retire here in this country??, even to visit??, you don't like this country, you don't like the people, that's your right as a free person in this world, so stay the hell out of this country you hate.
without knowing any facts, if a man isn't found guilty because justice can not find enough proof for his guilt he has to be considered unguilty and set free, and thanks god this country is running by that rule, like free democracies do everywhere.
have you ever thought about how many gangsters/criminals/murders get free/stay free in your own country because justice hasn't enough proof to find them guilty???
look on the US american system(only an example and no offense to any us american on the bord), even if it's known that somebody is guilty but there's been made a formal mistake, maybe at the moment they took him in custody, he will run free.
i for sure don't try to defend any ass... who murdered that man, i would be glad to read the message"murderer caught and justiced", but the real murderer, not somebody who's guilt can not be proofed.
in many cases all over the world those murdering bastards run sorrily free, that kind of case is often not resolved.
but to damn a country for setting a not guilty proofed person free is the stupidest thing i heard since a while.
Mike

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
gmiller261, of course you cannot retire in the DR full time if you have no respect for its people. Any further insults of this nature will be deleted, so please don't bother posting any more.

Remain respectful to this family or please say nothing.

TheShadowFL

Dec 8, 2007
I came upon this information about Lloyd's death just today, almost two months after he died. Mark, I'm sorry I didn't know about it sooner.

I have known Lloyd Robbins since December of 1999. He started out as a computer customer of mine, here in Florida, but soon became a valued friend.
We spent many long hours, talking health issues, finances and investments.
I had never met a man with so much knowledge and so willing to share it with a comparative stranger.
We also spent many hours on his boat and playing some 8-Ball in his home and working on his home computer.

It was a great personal loss to me when he and his mother left Florida and moved to the DR. I have not heard from him since, and now to hear that he has been killed, is just more than I can wrap my mind around.

My love and regards go out to his mother and son.

The Shadow in Florida

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I came upon this information about Lloyd's death just today, almost two months after he died. Mark, I'm sorry I didn't know about it sooner.

I have known Lloyd Robbins since December of 1999. He started out as a computer customer of mine, here in Florida, but soon became a valued friend.
We spent many long hours, talking health issues, finances and investments.
I had never met a man with so much knowledge and so willing to share it with a comparative stranger.
We also spent many hours on his boat and playing some 8-Ball in his home and working on his home computer.

It was a great personal loss to me when he and his mother left Florida and moved to the DR. I have not heard from him since, and now to hear that he has been killed, is just more than I can wrap my mind around.

My love and regards go out to his mother and son.

The Shadow in Florida

It was October 2006 Lloyd was murdered, Shadow in Florida, 14 months ago, & still greatly missed. He was such a good man, as your post testifies.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I do not have Mary's e-mail address nor that of Mark I'm afraid, but if you would care to PM or e-mail me via the 'Profile' section of this forum, I will try to get someone to get in touch with them & ask them (Mary or Mark) to contact you direct.

Let me have your full details so that Mary & Mark will know who you are & I'll get on to it during the Christmas break. ~ Grahame.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
To gmilersomething - rest be assured the DR has problems and corruption jsut like any place in the world, some more, some less. However, to classify the Dominicans as a whole as you have done is wrong - there are many a good hearted people here who would lay down their life for a brother in need. Remember, justice may seem to be ursurped at times but that is really a myth. At some point the price is paid and the judgement is final, this I can assure you.