My name is dr6 and I'm an alcoholic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
And yet you wanted to meddle in the life of a Dominican mother who finally landed a job and is working to support the family from 16:00 to 02:00 AM
Consider sports,learning Spanish, Creole, Travel the island, volunteer. There are more activities than getting drunk.
Don't blame your lack of accomplishments on the DR.

Wow, you really live DR1 don't you, lol. Try not to take everything in life so literal, there is a thing called poetic license, have a drink and chill out a little, you appear far too uptight to be living in DR. But then again no, excuse me, I don't try to tell others how to live their lives, and so as you wish!

Now as for 'Don't blame my lack of accomplishments on DR'? LOL. I have accomplished quite a lot in my life, and is why I was pretty much able to retire at 40. And I don't live in the DR to accomplish anything other than day to day chores and raise my child, that is the whole point, but I doubt you get that, having not accomplished it yourself!:classic:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
You know the answer stop drinking, if you can't stop after 1-3 drinks!
If you don't the only direction you will go is down. What do you want to do with the rest of your life?
You got the power!

Spoken light a true alcoholic,.........................................................in recovery!

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
It seems all too obvious that the Dominican lifestyle and alcohol go hand in hand. In New York I have a social drink every once in a while and if I do not have a drink for 3 or 4 months I do not miss it. When I do my pilgrimage to Santo Domingo for the month of January, I am pounding down 6 or 7 cuba libres every day. One of the main reasons I can not live down there. I have met too many expats who have become permanent bar stool fixtures and have drunk themselves to death. Not my way of enjoying retirement.

Do they have rehab facilities in the DR? How do they treat that ALCOHOLIC EPIDEMY? That is grave, man! Especially that a bunch of gringos sitting all day, doing nothing! Man, i would rather live in my Boston, Mass instead of this LOSER LIFE IN THE DR. Seriously, what do people do all day, besides drinking and going to the beaches? SMH

Ps. By the way, you are probably one the COMMON SENSED GUY here! I wonder if these guys are in RETIREMENT or waiting to be dead?

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Another question though, ARE THESE HEAVEY CONSUMTIONS OF ALCOHOL done during WEEKENDS OR EVERY DAY? if it the FORMER, THat maybe acceptable! Just curious here
also, for the CONNAISEURS, what is the AVERAGE DAILY DRINK IN DR?

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Do they have rehab facilities in the DR? How do they treat that ALCOHOLIC EPIDEMY? That is grave, man! Especially that a bunch of gringos sitting all day, doing nothing! Man, i would rather live in my Boston, Mass instead of this LOSER LIFE IN THE DR. Seriously, what do people do all day, besides drinking and going to the beaches? SMH

Ps. By the way, you are probably one the COMMON SENSED GUY here! I wonder if these guys are in RETIREMENT or waiting to be dead?

There are AA meetings around the country, but I'm not aware of any rehab for alcohol. They do have Hogar Crea for drug addiction: Bienvenido a Hogar Crea Dominicano, Inc.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
The country makes you drink? GIMME A BREAK!!! You guys are enabling each other. This is like an anti AA session!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I guess some GRINGOS need to consider going, man!

Sounds like that, doesn't it??

10570344_526296344137789_4292701004260201698_n.jpg

Not moving this to Off Topic because the OP doesn't have enough posts to participate, so "That's All Folks".

If the rest of you want to continue, start a new thread in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.