My teeth, my dental journey... (Photos & Video)

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
I have just called Dental Cibao in Santiago and Dr Asenjo no longer works there.
They suggested I see Dr Alvaz - I think I got the name right.

Does anyone know where Dr Asenjo went to?
Does anyone have recommendations on Dr Alvaz?

Thank you!

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
I have just called Dental Cibao in Santiago and Dr Asenjo no longer works there.
They suggested I see Dr Alvaz - I think I got the name right.

Does anyone know where Dr Asenjo went to?
Does anyone have recommendations on Dr Alvaz?

Thank you!

Dr. Asenjo has his own practice in Santiago
http://dentisalud.com.do
You can also send a direct email to him at drmiguelasenjo@gmail.com
His office in Santiago is about 10 minute cab ride (200 pesos) from the Metro bus station.

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
Hello, anyone know prices for veneers and crowns. I'm thinking about doing a 7 tooth bridge. thanks

tangoannet

Jan 24, 2013
I have very sensitive teeth lots of nerve exposure and am very sensitive...cleanings are extremely painful. I am looking for a dentist who uses some kind of desensitizing treatment other than injections with Novocaine. Does this office have such treatment.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Is there a dentist who does gold crowns - They have gotten quite expensive in the US. I need one replaced, I will go only with gold as they will last me the rest of my life, as the ones I have now I have had for 25+ years.

I was even thinking of going to Mexico for a dental vacation as a top quality gold crown there is only about $600 while in the US now they are $2,500 and most dentist won't do them anymore

Donnad722

Mar 22, 2016
I was there and all I can say: I was impressed. It was better equipped than many dental clinics I have seen in usa.
AZB

I am also impressed by what I am seeing. Thumps up for that dental office and also the DR. I am happy that things are working out for you and that you are pleased with the service.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks EVERYONE for there reviews !!!! I was at Dental Cibao yesterday for my first visit and evaluation ($50 US) had a cat scan done ($60 US) . Scheduled for full bridge implants top & bottom.. Scared to death but it has to be done !!!  My only question is porcaline or acrilic ?????   anyone have thoughts ???? difference in price I know but difference in feel, use, I don't know.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks EVERYONE for there reviews !!!! I was at Dental Cibao yesterday for my first visit and evaluation ($50 US) had a cat scan done ($60 US) . Scheduled for full bridge implants top & bottom.. Scared to death but it has to be done !!!  My only question is porcaline or acrilic ?????   anyone have thoughts ???? difference in price I know but difference in feel, use, I don't know.
http://canadiandenturecentres.com/News/ArtMID/6765/ArticleID/2452/Porcelain-vs-Acrylic-Dentures.aspx read the article and you should have a better idea of the pros and cons.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks !I found the article yesterday and read it.  It pretty much summed up what the dentist told me. Then I did more research and became more confused. 

Jan

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks !I found the article yesterday and read it.  It pretty much summed up what the dentist told me. Then I did more research and became more confused. 

Jan

http://www.intelligentdental.com/2011/09/26/porcelain-vs-acrylic-teeth/ This article is a little clearer. My wife has porcelain implants and while the teeth themselves look amazing she has had several detachments that she has had to have rebonded/attached. Fortunately that process is quick and inexpensive.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
Great article..looks like acrylic is they way to go and 2 less implants helps also. Will let you all know how it goes if there is interest...

maxumali

Jan 23, 2020
Best of Luck on your journey, I have always hated going to the dentist, even for a minor cleaning, I just started my journey root canal and crown starting Thursday, then deep perio scaling and I'm treating myself to bleaching for a brighter smile:)....my view is nothing like yours, I stare at a wall with a hedious photo that's been there for 10-15 years....But as they say "if you Ignore your teeth, they will go away"....

I have had dental problems all my life, primarily due to a pretty rare jaw structure, bite and "apparently" according to the experts, the blood pressure pills my mum took when she was pregnant with me. I'm sure the odd sweet and cup of tea didn't help either.

kcdmps

Dec 6, 2014
I knew a guy who had all of his teeth removed after a dentist wanted to charge him $$$$ for a fix. He couldn't eat hard foods like nuts, but it didn't bother him. Except when he smiled, he looked OK.