Need an opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Umm, maybe you people only want losers.
AZB

I think it can often be an attraction by authority. Some people like to feel superior to others without the moral standings most of us carry, like earning the highground. A third world country with crap education is a perfect place for people who in their real world hold no authority over anyone to feel superior and feel looked up to, obviously for all the wrong reasons.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The simple and obvious answer is that tourists have little to no access to these guys/women.

not true in all cases. If the tourists behave and act decent, then they will not have problems talking to anyone. I have traveled to many countries but I do not hang out with losers anywhere. Just have nothing in common with them. I can't see myself dating seriously or making moves towards marrying a girl who is not compatible with me. I have put a higher prices on myself. I refuse to sell myself cheap.
Just read the gringos blogs who live in latin countries. Look at the pictures of their choice of people they socialize with. You will see similarities with people who visit DR. You look for dogs, you will find dogs. Its simple as that.
I used to visit colombia and never once I had dated a girl who was from a very poor sector or uneducated. If i can do this, why can't other people achieve the same? The truth is, people come here looking for losers. This is exactly you will find because we have plenty of them here.
AZB

Reactions: Bronxboy

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
IWhats the deal? No one wants a guy with a fancy car, a good job, wealth of family and someone who lives more comfortably than you folks do in your own country?
AZB

Yep, I guess only the losers are attracted to them!!!!! jejejejeje

Also, maybe they find the people AZB is referring to as BORING!!!!!

Isabel85

Feb 11, 2011
I'm sorry but I dont' understand one thing. Why, for you, rich people means good people and poor means looser? I work with some very rich people here, and all i can say is that I have met some very rude and uneducated. I had rich boyfriends and poor boyfriends and I all I have learn is that because you have money it doesn't mean you are honest, hard working or sincere.
My father was born in a very poor country, he went to school like 4 years and it doesn't mean he isn't intelligent, have no conversation or a looser. He always work very hard so me and my sister could have what he didn't. He is very well now and respected among his community.
I just think you cannot say all the richs are interesting and good and all the poors are loosers or useless. It's not that simple.
But of course, I don't know the DR reality...
This post is not about my thread...it's just what I think.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Not all, but most people with no future are often considered to be at a loss, losers, a term used for someone who is not going any place fast.
The typical Dominican refered to here is a loser, has no ambition other than today, take what he can and run, forget tomorrow. To most, that is a loser, to me, it is a loser.
Rich people with no consideration for others are not neccesarily losers, just wankers!

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Women say they are good looking and hold a good job in their own country yet when they come here, they find a guy who is totally opposite. Whats the deal? No one wants a guy with a fancy car, a good job, wealth of family and someone who lives more comfortably than you folks do in your own country?
AZB

I think it can often be an attraction by authority. Some people like to feel superior to others without the moral standings most of us carry, like earning the highground. A third world country with crap education is a perfect place for people who in their real world hold no authority over anyone to feel superior and feel looked up to, obviously for all the wrong reasons.

WOW. This is the first time I have heard anyone post this, but these are great insights.

It's like the fairy tales we heard when we were children, where the young handsome charming prince rides in on a beatiful horse and takes the suffering princess away from her oppressive situation.

In this case, the roles are reversed and the women are riding in on an airplane instead of a horse.

To the OP: my belief is that if you are posting on here, then you have misgivings about this relationship. Trust your instincts, and proceed very cautiously.

He loves his country... could well be translated as, "I love my country and my family and my town, and if you take me away from here where I can make lots of money, then once I get financially ahead, I will leave you and move back."

Dominicans are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful people. But many have bought into the idea that they have no future here, and thus they will do whatever it takes to get off this island because they believe that is the only way to get ahead. If we start discussing why that is and what's wrong with it, dr1 may have to purchase a much bigger computer server.

And even though you have told him that you cannot take him away from here: you situation can change, or you might have a friend who comes to visit with you next time.

At any rate, AZB and Anastacio have given me a valuable insight today. And for that, I thank them.

Isabel85

Feb 11, 2011
I understand, I agree with you Anastacio...I have some goals in my life and I cannot be with someone who doesn't have any idea of what he'll do or at least want to do. But it doesn't mean I want somebody with fancy car, a lot of money or a big house to show off. I just want someone good, kind to have a normal happy life.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
The simple and obvious answer is that tourists have little to no access to these guys/women.

Its more than that though...if it werent for the desperate people there would be no reason to come. Who cares about the beach and weather? They have beaches in other places with the same weather and for most of us in the same currency. The destitute people who are incredibly attractive is what brings them to leave their home and take an international flight here.

Additionally, those well to do people arent that interesting. And dont fool yourself into thinking they are. Rich bores are rich bores everywhere you go. The benefit is that they dont expect you to "fix" them. You are more apt to enjoy yourself if the natives dont expect a remedy from your presence.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
I'm sorry but I dont' understand one thing. Why, for you, rich people means good people and poor means looser? I work with some very rich people here, and all i can say is that I have met some very rude and uneducated. I had rich boyfriends and poor boyfriends and I all I have learn is that because you have money it doesn't mean you are honest, hard working or sincere.
My father was born in a very poor country, he went to school like 4 years and it doesn't mean he isn't intelligent, have no conversation or a looser. He always work very hard so me and my sister could have what he didn't. He is very well now and respected among his community.
I just think you cannot say all the richs are interesting and good and all the poors are loosers or useless. It's not that simple.
But of course, I don't know the DR reality...
This post is not about my thread...it's just what I think.

This is where the language gets a little tricky.
Rich does not mean good and poor does not mean loser.
And there is probably a bit of difference between American and British understandings of the term loser, although neither is positive. The definition is also going to be fluid from one person to another.

A loser is someone with no ambition or no concern for others or no social skills.

A person could have millions in the bank, but uses that only for self-indulging and considers everyone else with contempt, is a loser in my book.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I just want someone good, kind to have a normal happy life.

Can't you find this person in your hometown?

I think it is fine to have flings and adventures with DR locals BUT to find love with the right person is hard in a third world country.

Have fun, have sex, drink and be merry, and then go home.;)

Unless, one does not like the empty feeling going back home. In that case, just do not get involved.

My 2 1/2 cents!

Last edited:

Isabel85

Feb 11, 2011
I don't know where i will find this person, i didn't say that this dominican i've met is that person...honestly i don't know.

I asked for your opinion and after reading the replies i think i gonna wait and see... because i didn't note anything wrong with him but i am aware of all the trick you refered to...so i think i'm gonna take it easy, just have fun for now, not get too involved and then i'll see what happened.

I think if he was not dominican, i would not be thinking of all this...

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Just do yourself a favour, take a bit of time out from the low lifes, the bums, the rougher end of the social ladder and mingle with some well respected slightly higher up the ladder Dominican families, make some friends on your own social standing, see if you enjoy thier company as much if they are not hanging on every word, see if once your ego stops getting tickled you still enjoy Dominican company as much, see if the guys are still as attractive once you are on level playing surface. Once he has to go to work rather than play with you all day, give something else his attention other than you.

Just try it, you will find out a lot about yourself if you try this.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Can't you find this person in your hometown?

I think it is fine to have flings and adventures with DR locals BUT to find love with the right person is hard in a third world country.

Have fun, have sex, drink and be merry, and then go home.;)

Unless, one does not like the empty feeling going back home. In that case, just do not get involved.

My 2 1/2 cents!

Why the constant harp on "hometown love"? 6,000,000,000 on the planet and what if the people in your hometown dont do it for you? Should you just stay there "just because" and pick someone you dont really like that much as a mate because "I am already here"? Nah, man that not what you do. I went to school in Oneonta, I would only find those women compatible if I were a Bigfoot.

The real problem here is that when you are consorting with people from a developing country there alot of socio-economic problems that accompany the union. But there are reliable and fruitful relationships that come from this. AE has one, Bob has another. And those are just the DR/NA ones. There are people who meet people from Iraq, Morrocco, Estonia, etc. It can be done. The only thing to be cautious of is a. "The Fix", and b. Urgency. With enough time, you can steer yourself away from those who hope for the fix and also with time you can remove the desire for urgency and see who the people you picked really is.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Why the constant harp on "hometown love"?

This is because I am a firm believer in "amor de lejo, amor de pendejo".

While true that a few relationships do work in AE and Bob's case, they are far and between the ones that don't.

This is my opinion and not cast in iron.

I just think that the hometown locals should get a break.

I have seen time and time again that women go gaga over these sankies and do not give the hometown locals the time of day.

I do well where I am from. I have had a few girlfriends in the DR but that's it. Once I get on the plane, my mind reverts to my hometown. The gf's I left in DR can go back to their routine. I bet I am not the only one that spends money and time with them.

Pendejo no soy!!!!!;)

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
This is because I am a firm believer in "amor de lejo, amor de pendejo".

While true that a few relationships do work in AE and Bob's case, they are far and between the ones that don't.

This is my opinion and not cast in iron.

I just think that the hometown locals should get a break.

I have seen time and time again that women go gaga over these sankies and do not give the hometown locals the time of day.

I do well where I am from. I have had a few girlfriends in the DR but that's it. Once I get on the plane, my mind reverts to my hometown. The gf's I left in DR can go back to their routine. I bet I am not the only one that spends money and time with them.

Pendejo no soy!!!!!;)

Maybe man...but a divorce rate of 50% means it doesnt really matter where your mate comes from. 50% is 1 out of 2. And that is for first marriages. And those are just the ones who put themselves on paper. 2nd marriage? 3 out of 4. This clearly signifies it doesnt matter where the man or woman or relationship is because it is all a coin-toss.
There is a large distance between Pendejo and Bigfoot.

The preference for sanky over local guy is something in those women. They may be impersonable. I personally like robust physiques of Dominican woman versus the plethora of muffin tops and size 16s potato builds you normally see in American women my age at Target.

Reactions: Bronxboy

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
With most Dominicans I have met on the internet only time will tell. Then they will reveal their true selves sooner than later. Then don't let your instincts tell you it's not true.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Physique ?!

The preference for sanky over local guy is something in those women. They may be impersonable. I personally like robust physiques of Dominican woman versus the plethora of muffin tops and size 16s potato builds you normally see in American women my age at Target.

Well, move to a multicultural city, I see fine looking men every single day, so I don't see why you don't see them in the opposite sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.