Need Wrapping paper.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky
Quick update, my wife, Karie, did get out and grabbed red and blue paper for the kiddies. 500 square ft of it, 250 of each colour (note the Canadian spelling).
Thanks a lot. (I speak Canadian)

I don't even know where "Rocky's" is exactly,
#16 on the map.
CopyofSosuaMap.jpg

Remember, my family (Steve, Karie, Tucker, Jackson and Cassidy) are attending the new years shin-dig! Can't wait!
Please confirm that by email. Only the first 100 get meals, and it's the same price, with or without.
Hey, thanks for the exchanging cash info too, on the other thread.
Anytime.

Maybe I'll bring over enough for your helicopter, so you can pick up your bud's in Punta Cana! Lol
Then we could drop presents on little parachutes.:D

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Mark

Just bought flat Gift Tissue 55 sf per, 20 x 20 sheets, 4 packages, 222 feet altogether divided by 3 = 74 yards. I got solid colors: hot pink and royal blue.

See ya Sat
Ro

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Im flying out on the 12th, but wont be in Sosua until around the 18th... wrapping paper is alot easier to bring than toys or clothes, so let me know if you still need some...or anything else... tape, ribbons, cards, tags, etc...anything... the smaller the better!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Wanna know anything & everything about wrapping paper in Puerto Plata............lol? :laugh:

Mission accomplished. I now have over 200 yards for you, Marco. Will PM you to arrange collection/delivery. Like you said prices can be expensive: Ripoll's was 12 to 28 pesos a yard depending on quality. Cafemba's was 25, although they had some bin ends in rolls which were cheaper but no details as to length. Forget crepe - too stretchy - it'd drive the wrappers potty! I found some varying in price from 2 pesos a yard to 4.95 pesos a yard. I got both but the 2 pesos stuff may be a bit on the thin side. The 4.95 is perfect though: found pink with little girls on it, blue with Santas on it & multi-coloured with babies on it, so anyone colour-blind just has to go by the picture :cross-eye I won't post the location just yet in case anyone else goes in & cleans out what they've got before you get a chance to get any more that you need. Also have a bag of toys for you.

Now about to write an article 'The judicious use of elbows and binoculars on a Puerto Plata paper trail'.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Im flying out on the 12th, but wont be in Sosua until around the 18th... wrapping paper is alot easier to bring than toys or clothes, so let me know if you still need some...or anything else... tape, ribbons, cards, tags, etc...anything... the smaller the better!
If you can squeeze some paper in, the more the merrier.
If we could be so lucky that we had an excess, it would keep for next year.
This wasn't meant to be a wrapping paper drive, but, going the way it's going, a whole bunch more kids are going to get presents from moneys that would have been misspent, had I bought that "buck a yard" stuff.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Wanna know anything & everything about wrapping paper in Puerto Plata............lol? :laugh:

Mission accomplished. I now have over 200 yards for you, Marco. Will PM you to arrange collection/delivery. Like you said prices can be expensive: Ripoll's was 12 to 28 pesos a yard depending on quality. Cafemba's was 25, although they had some bin ends in rolls which were cheaper but no details as to length. Forget crepe - too stretchy - it'd drive the wrappers potty! I found some varying in price from 2 pesos a yard to 4.95 pesos a yard. I got both but the 2 pesos stuff may be a bit on the thin side. The 4.95 is perfect though: found pink with little girls on it, blue with Santas on it & multi-coloured with babies on it, so anyone colour-blind just has to go by the picture :cross-eye I won't post the location just yet in case anyone else goes in & cleans out what they've got before you get a chance to get any more that you need. Also have a bag of toys for you.

Now about to write an article 'The judicious use of elbows and binoculars on a Puerto Plata paper trail'.
Muchissimas gracias, Gran Lambada.
Will see you in next 2 days.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I'll try to squeeze some toys in as well. I would have filled a whole suitcase, but I'll be travelling from Punta Cana, with several stops along the way, so Im trying not to bring too much luggage...

If you can squeeze some paper in, the more the merrier.
If we could be so lucky that we had an excess, it would keep for next year.
This wasn't meant to be a wrapping paper drive, but, going the way it's going, a whole bunch more kids are going to get presents from moneys that would have been misspent, had I bought that "buck a yard" stuff.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Newspapers

Marco,
Why not just use newspaper for wrapping paper, get a red and blue
marker, put an "X" on it in the color of choice, and voi la !
The kids are gonna take like 2 seconds to glance at the wrapping paper before
digging in anyway....maybe this has before been suggested, I didn't bother to
read all the previous posts. Would this work for you? $500 bucks for wrapping paper could be used for more gifts !

tf

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
tflea, sounds like there's enough paper coming in to deal with it. I know yours is a very practical solution but we don't wrap our own kids presents in newspaper, now do we?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Marco,
Why not just use newspaper for wrapping paper, get a red and blue
marker, put an "X" on it in the color of choice, and voi la !
The kids are gonna take like 2 seconds to glance at the wrapping paper before
digging in anyway....maybe this has before been suggested, I didn't bother to
read all the previous posts. Would this work for you? $500 bucks for wrapping paper could be used for more gifts !

tf
Unquestionably, 500 bucks can go to better use, buying presents.
That's why I want to find a better source.
The value and quality of the gifts, are not that great.
It's more about making the kids feel special that night, and wrapping them in pretty paper, is part of the package.
It's not so much a present, we are giving them.
It's a feeling.

ken kopas

Jun 22, 2003
We"ll be arriving on the 13th, I'll have room for wrapping paper and toys. It'll be our pleasure.....

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thank You All

I really appreciate the help with the paper.
Seemed like such a shame to waste so much money on paper, that could be buying presents.
Thanks Lambada for that first batch of paper, and the generous contribution too.
The wrapping goes on, as we speak.
Here are a few pics of Santa's production line.
Picture001-3.jpg

Picture002-5.jpg

Picture004-4.jpg

Picture005-4.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture010-2.jpg

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Your worried about not having enough paper, never mind that are you going to have enough vehicles.
Thats a lot of presents and I know that is the tip of the ice burg.:cool:
hifiman

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Your worried about not having enough paper, never mind that are you going to have enough vehicles.
Thats a lot of presents and I know that is the tip of the ice burg.:cool:
hifiman
We always seem to have enough vehicles.
Invariably, there's some pick up trucks too, and we pile folks in the back.
That's actually the best place to ride.
This year we picked up a few trinkets to toss as we go by, so the back of a pick up will be the fun place to be.

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
The girls have a long and tedius job ahead of them please make sure they know how much we appreciate their service.
hifiman