New entry procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
I got here on the 5th. I filled out the e-ticket on line for and the other medical info form. The attendant gave me 4 forms on the plane, which 2 is the same of the on line forms. I fill out all of them, and when I got to the airport (POP), they only took one small form from my pile of paper. No e-ticket was required. But I saw a sign with the QR code posted by the exit.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
I used the e ticket to enter on the 6th (Santiago). I had trouble filling out the form in English, but when I switched to Spanish it generated the QR code with no issues. On the plane, the flight attendant passed out the paper forms, and when I explained that I already had the e ticket, they had no idea what I was talking about. Immigration just looked at it, didn't scan it, and the customs agent seemed to be a little confused and had me go to a separate line to scan it.

Reactions: cavok and David B

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I believe that at first they said the E-form must be used from Jan 1, but obviously they weren't ready to go with it then, so now they are not interested in it until Feb. 1. Who knows what will happen then?

Reactions: Caonabo

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Well I guess we will find out tomorrow if they do anything to airports. I'm not upset at all, I just think that you need to get the idea that this is a forum, the idea is to share information and opinions. You seem to blast people who don't agree with you and maybe it would be easier if you realise that the whole point of coming on here is to hear different opinions, listen to the rumors, exchange information some right some wrong.
Well your right about opinions it is mostly that. Agree. What I don’t agree with is your opinion that I “blast” people and tell people to “ shut up”
That’s not an opinion on your behalf. That innuendo, slander and not true.
all else in your rely above I agree with.
Have a blessed day.

• Love

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I used the e ticket to enter on the 6th (Santiago). I had trouble filling out the form in English, but when I switched to Spanish it generated the QR code with no issues. On the plane, the flight attendant passed out the paper forms, and when I explained that I already had the e ticket, they had no idea what I was talking about. Immigration just looked at it, didn't scan it, and the customs agent seemed to be a little confused and had me go to a separate line to scan it.
The Drop down spot in the upper right hand corner “en” or “es” which is not very clear until
You can’t fill
Out the form had me for 20 minutes.

Reactions: DRdreaming

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Come on now, we all know how Customer Service in Dominican means "how can I find a problem". And if they can find a problem that means you miss your flight, better still. Airlines always oversell flights. A government requirement which people fail to meet means denied boarding, no refund, more cash in the bank for the airline and absolutely no chance of getting your money back.

As an example, Iberia in Santo Domingo insists that you show the physical credit card that you bought the ticket with but bury this requirement in an e-mail full of blah blah blah. My neighbour is a pilot for them and told me that every flight they prevent several people from checking in, no refund, because of this. It's good business, cash in the bank for the airline for not flying you.

If you rock up at the airport without the required QR code, I can imagine that the airlines will prevent you from checking in, keep your money and sell your seat to the next person. Maybe not on Feb 1st but sometime soon.

By the way if I as a Brit want to fly to the US, I need to show my ESTA at the airport before I check in, and on arrival in the US. It's not such a big ask.

Do you have any statistical analysis to provide how many persons miss their scheduled flights departing RD, due in part to improper Customer Service measures?
Or is this just more rumour and speculation?

Reactions: johne

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Well I guess we will find out tomorrow if they do anything to airports. I'm not upset at all, I just think that you need to get the idea that this is a forum, the idea is to share information and opinions. You seem to blast people who don't agree with you and maybe it would be easier if you realise that the whole point of coming on here is to hear different opinions, listen to the rumors, exchange information some right some wrong.

But it has been you, yourself TP, who in the past has knocked community members for the very same thing. On numerous occassions you have stated that you are a very busy man, who logs onto DR1 sparingly, and does not have time to breeze through posting after posting, and page after page of nonsense. Are rumours and baseless speculation not nonsense?
It would be nice if all just kept to the FACTS.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Do you have any statistical analysis to provide how many persons miss their scheduled flights departing RD, due in part to improper Customer Service measures?
Or is this just more rumour and speculation?
I own a hotel and have known a number of guests to have missed their flights due to awkward staff at the airport. Forgive me if I can't produce you a bar chart or lineqr regression to support my hypothesis.

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Plain and simply sometimes the e-form works and sometimes it doesn’t. Why? I don’t know but my first go around I walked away from my table 3-4 times over two day and then, wow. The flaw
Is with them. The end of this week I am doing it again for a round that extends past Feb 1. I get the feeling my experience doing it once before will
Not help. 😀

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I own a hotel and have known a number of guests to have missed their flights due to awkward staff at the airport. Forgive me if I can't produce you a bar chart or lineqr regression to support my hypothesis.

No need for a bar chart or a model of the relationship between a scalar response and one or more explanatory variables.
The reality is although this could have possibly happened once ot twice, it is not a common occurrence at all for it to be the fault of the airport staff.
People miss their flights every day of the week, and 99% of the time it is THEIR fault.
Improper paperwork/documents, or perhaps just plain tardy.
I am sure all of your hotel guests arrive at their airport three hours prior to their international flight.
If many of your clients are experiencing this same problem, perhaps you should train your hotel staff to better communicate with your guests.

Reactions: johne and thompstr

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
No need for a bar chart or a model of the relationship between a scalar response and one or more explanatory variables.
The reality is although this could have possibly happened once ot twice, it is not a common occurrence at all for it to be the fault of the airport staff.
People miss their flights every day of the week, and 99% of the time it is THEIR fault.
Improper paperwork/documents, or perhaps just plain tardy.
I am sure all of your hotel guests arrive at their airport three hours prior to their international flight.
If many of your clients are experiencing this same problem, perhaps you should train your hotel staff to better communicate with your guests.

Maybe I should just get you to run the hotel, you seem to have a great deal of expertise and I'm sure would run things perfectly without any problems at all.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Come on now, we all know how Customer Service in Dominican means "how can I find a problem". And if they can find a problem that means you miss your flight, better still. Airlines always oversell flights. A government requirement which people fail to meet means denied boarding, no refund, more cash in the bank for the airline and absolutely no chance of getting your money back.

As an example, Iberia in Santo Domingo insists that you show the physical credit card that you bought the ticket with but bury this requirement in an e-mail full of blah blah blah. My neighbour is a pilot for them and told me that every flight they prevent several people from checking in, no refund, because of this. It's good business, cash in the bank for the airline for not flying you.

If you rock up at the airport without the required QR code, I can imagine that the airlines will prevent you from checking in, keep your money and sell your seat to the next person. Maybe not on Feb 1st but sometime soon.

By the way if I as a Brit want to fly to the US, I need to show my ESTA at the airport before I check in, and on arrival in the US. It's not such a big ask.
Interesting. I've probably flown in to DR nearly 80 times in the past two decades. Generally, I fly American or Delta, two US-based legacy airlines. I've done Spirit once.

Never had a problem or issue of any type at the airport. They were very nice, and I generally had my boarding pass in short order. This is for both economy and business class flights.

When you're heading to the DR, I'd recommend a Priority Pass membership, which can be purchased independently, but is provided free with certain travel -oriented credit cards. They take you to the front of the immigration line, so your wait is only a few minutes. I've been using it since they rolled out that particular service in 2019, and my wait in immigration is now never more than about three minutes.

In the time of Covid, the less time in line indoors, the better.

Reactions: JD Jones

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Maybe I should just get you to run the hotel, you seem to have a great deal of expertise and I'm sure would run things perfectly without any problems at all.

Well now that would be a sound idea.
I could probably pull you out of the red, and get you back into the black, but alas, I am semi-retired these days and enjoying life to the fullest.....as is currently possible.
What I could offer to you for free as sound advice, is to stop listening to rumours and baseless speculation, and deal more with hard facts, in order to give yourself a fighting chance at surviving in your specific business module.
In the end, we all choose our own proper paths.
I wish you well, and regained success.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Well now that would be a sound idea.
I could probably pull you out of the red, and get you back into the black, but alas, I am semi-retired these days and enjoying life to the fullest.....as is currently possible.
What I could offer to you for free as sound advice, is to stop listening to rumours and baseless speculation, and deal more with hard facts, in order to give yourself a fighting chance at surviving in your specific business module.
In the end, we all choose our own proper paths.
I wish you well, and regained success.

I am just wondering why a) you think I am in the red and not already in the black. b) why you feel that the information I posted was baseless, without having any idea who it was who told me and c) why you think that I am not already surviving. The one thing about a forum like this is that you really have no idea who you are communicating with and what their personal financial situation is. And without giving you too much information about me or the people I know, you honestly could not be more wrong.

I have made the point several times that the information about closing down airports was more than idle gossip, it was told to me by several people who are all well-connected. Airports have not as yet been closed, but I am reasonably certain that this has been and is still being considered. The numbers published today on tourist arrivals are grim indeed and show the effects of closing airports, and clearly at this point the government has decided to continue trying to protect what is left of its tourist trade, whilst at the same time recognising that the more contagious strain of the virus which is now arriving in the US will almost certainly come here unless they take concerted action, such as closing down the airports. It is a very very hard one to call.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I am just wondering why a) you think I am in the red and not already in the black. b) why you feel that the information I posted was baseless, without having any idea who it was who told me and c) why you think that I am not already surviving. The one thing about a forum like this is that you really have no idea who you are communicating with and what their personal financial situation is. And without giving you too much information about me or the people I know, you honestly could not be more wrong.

I have made the point several times that the information about closing down airports was more than idle gossip, it was told to me by several people who are all well-connected. Airports have not as yet been closed, but I am reasonably certain that this has been and is still being considered. The numbers published today on tourist arrivals are grim indeed and show the effects of closing airports, and clearly at this point the government has decided to continue trying to protect what is left of its tourist trade, whilst at the same time recognising that the more contagious strain of the virus which is now arriving in the US will almost certainly come here unless they take concerted action, such as closing down the airports. It is a very very hard one to call.

No need to wonder, marvel or possess curiosity, as we travel in similar circles.
Remember, I made my bones within RD business circles when you were going out with cheerleaders.
In all seriousness, there are only two persons who could make the call on airports closing.....
Frank Rainieri and Luis Abinader.
Unless you had breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner with those two men at the same time, all other sources are useless.
Now, let's please get back to the originally scheduled program/topic....."New Entry Procedures".

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
No need to wonder, marvel or possess curiosity, as we travel in similar circles.
Remember, I made my bones within RD business circles when you were going out with cheerleaders.
In all seriousness, there are only two persons who could make the call on airports closing.....
Frank Rainieri and Luis Abinader.
Unless you had breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner with those two men at the same time, all other sources are useless.
Now, let's please get back to the originally scheduled program/topic....."New Entry Procedures".
Your opening paragraph above is spot on. You should follow that practice not just preach it. Case in point are the posts you made slandering me without an iota of truth in a public forum. I’ll keep
that in mind my fren for future reference.
Have a blessed day. En serio.

• Wow

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Your opening paragraph above is spot on. You should follow that practice not just preach it. Case in point are the posts you made slandering me without an iota of truth in a public forum. I’ll keep
that in mind my fren for future reference.
Have a blessed day. En serio.
This post was meant for Tropical Paul. Sorry for the posting error.

Feb 7, 2007
Every country in the world I know allows paper form. They prefer electronic and the entry is smoother, but you can do manual in Spain, Germany, Austria, etc.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I just did the e- tic round trip. This is my second time. First time I had tons of problems gettuing that ity-biyty form done. This time r/t 2 forms 10minutes. Waaaay better that all that crappy paperwork.

Reactions: POP DGA and drstock

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Today's travel report. JFK at 6 am this morning packed becuase this is presidents weekend. People are traveling! Are so signs of skiing, Europe, Caribbean. Flight was in overbooked. First time since last March I had someone sit next to me. I was sitting at window and ALL middle seat were take. SDQ was NOT crowded and maybe becuase of curfew. IDK. These were very positives signs for travel.
I had the e-tic. Fantastic. Instead of all that crap load of paper you need to fill out while cramped 3 across you breeze on by. JetBlue attendants know nothing about the e-tics. When she went to pass me the paperwork I said I have this, showed it to her and she said I have no idea what that was. My observation was I might have been the only one with the e-tic on board. I'm ok with that but really, the rule by Feb 1??? Doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.