New entry procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
No point in arguing something that will be industry wide. All countries will require some type of clearance document and information.
It’s only a matter of when and which become globally implemented

No point in arguing something that will be industry wide. All countries will require some type of clearance document and information.
It’s only a matter of when and which become globally implemented.
There is one that all Countries have already. It is called a Passport. Works wonders....................

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
We will be well into the next pandemic before the globe agrees on anything.

Reactions: rubio_higuey

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Isn't it amazing the amount of people on this board with a Cyrstal Ball that can tell the future?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Isn't it amazing the amount of people on this board with a Cyrstal Ball that can tell the future?
While polishing my smart gun and paying the motoconcho with crypto, I was thinking the same thing.

The far smarter solution is to link everything to the passport.

Reactions: SKY

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
While polishing my smart gun and paying the motoconcho with crypto, I was thinking the same thing.

The far smarter solution is to link everything to the passport.
You would be amazed at the info already in your passport when swiped. They can add anything to it if necessary. For example, if you are vaccinated it can show when they swipe the passport.

Reactions: campesinadeatl

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Shhhh don’t wake the sleeping dragon... they don’t realize everyone will be doing it soon ,Canada has online system...smart asses don’t realize , nobody will be rejected just held up and complaining whining why me later in the yr .. get your vaccination passport soon too..

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Shhhh don’t wake the sleeping dragon... they don’t realize everyone will be doing it soon ,Canada has online system...smart asses don’t realize , nobody will be rejected just held up and complaining whining why me later in the yr .. get your vaccination passport soon too..
Read the post directly above yours............................

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
You would be amazed at the info already in your passport when swiped. They can add anything to it if necessary. For example, if you are vaccinated it can show when they swipe the passport.
Not quite amazing yet !!!

Unfortunately, the D.R. still sends me to another agent every time I leave as a resident.

I start with agent 1, then I'm sent to agent 2 who fumbles awhile with the computer, then gives me the "ok" to return to agent 1.

Reactions: rubio_higuey

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Unfortunately, the D.R. still sends me to another agent every time I leave as a resident.

I start with agent 1, then I'm sent to agent 2 who fumbles awhile with the computer, then gives me the "ok" to return to agent 1.
If you had citizenship you would see how smooth things are. Go the next step.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If I can do a google search and find out things people don't want others to know about themselves, I am not surprised what can be connected to a passport. I used to work for a company that sold equipment to the NSA and the equivalent agencies in other friendly countries.

Linking vaccination information would be trivial.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Not true.

My Dominican wife goes through the same crappy steps as I do (She has dual citizenship).
I have dual citizenship also. Only need to show DR passport on arrival. On departure same, but they also verify that I have a US one for entry into US.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I have dual citizenship also. Only need to show DR passport on arrival. On departure same, but they also verify that I have a US one for entry into US.
Years ago she tried that method once.
She was sent to the supervisor's office

That's just changing one crappy thing for another.

She sticks with the "Ping Pong Agent" crap when leaving the D.R.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

I have had a DR passport for 17 years. I travel a lot in and out of the DR. Have never been challenged or experienced what your wife has. Always smooth as silk. Maybe the airport could be the difference. I pretty much use PUJ or Santiago .

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

I had that experience several times as a resident, but other times straight through without issues. Now that I have a Dominican passports as well as a Canadian one, it is a quick look , a stamp, sometimes and have a good day.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Are you talking here about getting her USA passport unlocked because she’d been in DR over 30 days?
Both Mr AE and I have to do this every time we leave DR, I have to pay, his just gets unlocked because he’s Dominican. Takes two lines sometimes, other times fast and easy.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Are you talking here about getting her USA passport unlocked because she’d been in DR over 30 days?
Both Mr AE and I have to do this every time we leave DR, I have to pay, his just gets unlocked because he’s Dominican. Takes two lines sometimes, other times fast and easy.
We do not pay anything, but I guess it may be what you say, "UNLOCK" passport.

She's Dominican and I have the 10 year residencia, appears they are not smart enough to fix that.
I was in the D.R. about 21 months straight.

I'm leaving again in less than 30 days, let's see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.