New entry procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Last sunday the nephew of a friend arrived into SDQ, they filled out the form eticket 3 days before the flight, oh surprice, the migration officer told him to take a pen and do it again the paper, I dont understand why they make people waste their time with something that they are not agree yet if implement it of not.

Reactions: johne

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Last sunday the nephew of a friend arrived into SDQ, they filled out the form eticket 3 days before the flight, oh surprice, the migration officer told him to take a pen and do it again the paper, I dont understand why they make people waste their time with something that they are not agree yet if implement it of not.

lol, was this not supposed to start January 1 of this year?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Same here 3 weeks ago. However, using e-tix ONLY is starting MAY 1. I went on line to some other travel sites to see if this was public information.....and it is. Lets see what happens then.
HaHa It was already pushed back to start this month. Look, there is no way that they can do anything different then what I posted. The chances of any tourist having this are one in a hundred from what I have seen. Anyone here really believes that they would ever deny boading to a tourist has no idea of the impact it would cause. I was on a full plane and if 10 people had it I would be surprised.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
HaHa It was already pushed back to start this month. Look, there is no way that they can do anything different then what I posted. The chances of any tourist having this are one in a hundred from what I have seen. Anyone here really believes that they would ever deny boading to a tourist has no idea of the impact it would cause. I was on a full plane and if 10 people had it I would be surprised.
They should at least acept those ones that do the process, I will see keeping pushing the mandatory date until 2050.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
So people still keep on running around looking for a pen.
Better than a passenger returning to Russia or France trying to fill out the form online in his hotel in English or Spanish. Which is easier, or even possible?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

You are supposed to fill it out 24 h before the flight :rolleyes:

It s 2021 ! Airlines also introduced electronic checking, having boarding passes on your phone, etc....Love these things. Love anything that makes me/us save time standing on lines and having to fill out 200 papers saying the exact same thing for my family (except the passport number).

Bravo DR !!! I did it before it was even mandatory, went smoooooooth.

Me strolling through airports, thanks to technology.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris

It s 2021 ! Airlines also introduced electronic checking, having boarding passes on your phone, etc....Love these things. Love anything that makes me/us save time standing on lines and having to fill out 200 papers saying the exact same thing for my family (except the passport number).

Not mandatory, you can do it anytime you want to, a friend did it 7 days before his flight.

Reactions: Africaida

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris

Not mandatory, you can do it anytime you want to, a friend did it 7 days before his flight.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I too, have filled out forms earlier than 24hrs ...
some questions should be answered within that...but...

Spanish has always worked - English , I gave up on

Reactions: Africaida

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
I'm not saying this was your case, because I don't know the circumstances, but sometimes people get confused filling the exit form when they're trying to fill an entry form. if that's the case, then the Migration officer upon entry will see on his screen that you do not have an e-ticket for entry and will ask for you to fill a paper one there.... thats one possibiliy.

Reactions: cavok

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
After what I saw at PUJ I would not waste one minute for this E Ticket mess, not one minute. I can do the same thing 95% of the people do. Take 2 minutes or less to fill out the small blue form...........................

And I am going back to the DR Saturday.

JimW

May 21, 2014
Just returned from SDQ yesterday (Friday, April 30th - the day before the eform goes mandatory). It was horrific. They've taped photocopied signs all over the place on how to fill out the new online entry/exit forms and get the QR code. Saw lots of people try to do it, all sorts of browser compatibility issues. My Android Chrome worked whereas my wife's iPhone Safari didn't. Yes, her iPhone X Safari didn't work! The programming of this system is just horrid. I work in IT and it's like they hired a junior programmer to develop the entire system. Not to mention all the usability issues (English spelling/grammar issues all over the place... even basic things - on the English form they have spelled "FEMENINE" under the "Gender" field. It's like they didn't even do basic quality-checking.

Then on top of all that, you NEED WIFI of your own so you can't complete the form if you don't have a SIM card with working local data service. YES, THE FORM IS ONLINE AND YOU CAN'T COMPELTE IT IF YOU DON'T HAVE WIFI! When they announced this project they said they would have kiosks for those without a phone or data service (which we all knew wouldn't happen) but they did say the airport would provide free wifi to fill out the form. I tried to connect to the WiFi and there was no signal. I asked the person at the United counter if there was WiFi to fill out the form and he said, "No, there's supposed to be but it doesn't work." (you see the airport wifi's SSID but it shows no signal/no Internet). So unless you have active WiFi on your phone (or do it ahead of time and print it), you can't actually fill out the form. So, effectively come May 1, if you come to SDQ to leave the country and don't have the form on paper before you come or have your own mobile data, you won't be able to complete the form to leave the country.

On my flight to EWR, about 25 people missed the flight while trying to fill out the form (they had to stand in a line by customs and talk with the official which of course only moved one person every 15-20 minutes). They finally just started letting people go through without showing any forms (either electronic or paper), they just needed to get a hundreds of people backed up in the Customs area out of there. Flights weren't going out. Still about 25 people missed the flight.

Total disaster... I can't imagine how many people missed their flights all over the island today, May 1, when it becomes mandatory but the system is iterrible.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO ABSOLUTELY TRAVEL TO THE DR FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS, CONSIDER HOLDING OFF UNTIL THIS MESS GETS SORTED OUT. AGAIN, ALL SORTS OF ISSUES FILLING OUT THE FORM AND THEN OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAD PRINTED QR CODES WERE HAVING THEM REJECTED BY THE SYSTEM WHEN PRESENTING THEM. THEY'LL EVENTUALLY GET THIS FIXED (OR ANNOUNCE A RETURN TO THE PAPER FORMS) BUT FOR NOW THE SYSTEM JUST HAS A LOT OF PROBLEMS.

I can only imagine what this is going to be like for the older PUJ tourist crowd once they start missing their return flights and word gets out. This new eForm disaster will do more to kill off tourism than COVID ever did. :-(

-Jim

ps: You know how it goes... Odebrecht, the Samana toll road, etc... we'll be reading about this in a few years of someone who took a kickback for signing this 'project' - corruption never ends :-(

Reactions: cavok

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Just returned from SDQ yesterday (Friday, April 30th - the day before the eform goes mandatory). It was horrific. They've taped photocopied signs all over the place on how to fill out the new online entry/exit forms and get the QR code. Saw lots of people try to do it, all sorts of browser compatibility issues. My Android Chrome worked whereas my wife's iPhone Safari didn't. Yes, her iPhone X Safari didn't work! The programming of this system is just horrid. I work in IT and it's like they hired a junior programmer to develop the entire system. Not to mention all the usability issues (English spelling/grammar issues all over the place... even basic things - on the English form they have spelled "FEMENINE" under the "Gender" field. It's like they didn't even do basic quality-checking.

Then on top of all that, you NEED WIFI of your own so you can't complete the form if you don't have a SIM card with working local data service. YES, THE FORM IS ONLINE AND YOU CAN'T COMPELTE IT IF YOU DON'T HAVE WIFI! When they announced this project they said they would have kiosks for those without a phone or data service (which we all knew wouldn't happen) but they did say the airport would provide free wifi to fill out the form. I tried to connect to the WiFi and there was no signal. I asked the person at the United counter if there was WiFi to fill out the form and he said, "No, there's supposed to be but it doesn't work." (you see the airport wifi's SSID but it shows no signal/no Internet). So unless you have active WiFi on your phone (or do it ahead of time and print it), you can't actually fill out the form. So, effectively come May 1, if you come to SDQ to leave the country and don't have the form on paper before you come or have your own mobile data, you won't be able to complete the form to leave the country.

On my flight to EWR, about 25 people missed the flight while trying to fill out the form (they had to stand in a line by customs and talk with the official which of course only moved one person every 15-20 minutes). They finally just started letting people go through without showing any forms (either electronic or paper), they just needed to get a hundreds of people backed up in the Customs area out of there. Flights weren't going out. Still about 25 people missed the flight.

Total disaster... I can't imagine how many people missed their flights all over the island today, May 1, when it becomes mandatory but the system is iterrible.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO ABSOLUTELY TRAVEL TO THE DR FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS, CONSIDER HOLDING OFF UNTIL THIS MESS GETS SORTED OUT. AGAIN, ALL SORTS OF ISSUES FILLING OUT THE FORM AND THEN OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAD PRINTED QR CODES WERE HAVING THEM REJECTED BY THE SYSTEM WHEN PRESENTING THEM. THEY'LL EVENTUALLY GET THIS FIXED (OR ANNOUNCE A RETURN TO THE PAPER FORMS) BUT FOR NOW THE SYSTEM JUST HAS A LOT OF PROBLEMS.

I can only imagine what this is going to be like for the older PUJ tourist crowd once they start missing their return flights and word gets out. This new eForm disaster will do more to kill off tourism than COVID ever did. :-(

-Jim

ps: You know how it goes... Odebrecht, the Samana toll road, etc... we'll be reading about this in a few years of someone who took a kickback for signing this 'project' - corruption never ends :-(

It was postponed once again because it’s not fully operational. Still some issues to deal with, including other languages.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Got a link for confirmation? Postponed until when?

Another week or even a bit more, depending how they iron out the present issues that just came up.

Attachments

• 6792E5B3-1A17-4850-9497-9C6997035E80.jpeg
    6792E5B3-1A17-4850-9497-9C6997035E80.jpeg
    275.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 548CA9B8-00A0-4EF9-8A01-346DC8F6F4F1.jpeg
    548CA9B8-00A0-4EF9-8A01-346DC8F6F4F1.jpeg
    545.7 KB · Views: 141
  • F9BDFD80-B4CD-436E-BCE6-DD20135375E4.jpeg
    F9BDFD80-B4CD-436E-BCE6-DD20135375E4.jpeg
    550.3 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: NanSanPedro
Status