New Garden Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredmak23

Jun 22, 2002
thanks

Thanks everyone for all of your assistance. Somehow they are not responding to any of my emails so I don't think I would feel comfortable staying at a place where they can't even respond to an email. I've tried atleast 5 times and have been trying to contact them for the past 2 weeks or so I just may spend my money somewhere else where they can appreciate my business. Thanks again.

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Thanks everyone for all of your assistance. Somehow they are not responding to any of my emails so I don't think I would feel comfortable staying at a place where they can't even respond to an email. I've tried atleast 5 times and have been trying to contact them for the past 2 weeks or so I just may spend my money somewhere else where they can appreciate my business. Thanks again.

Why don't you pick up the phone and call.I did 3 days ago and booked my room in 2 minutes.
Email is useless at a lot of these hotels.
Roger

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
sorry for reviving an old thread. i got an email from someone named Wilfried at the New Garden Hotel in reference to my reservation request for 5/21-5/26. can i depend on them to honor my request this far out or should i keep following up until May ??

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
sorry for reviving an old thread. i got an email from someone named Wilfried at the New Garden Hotel in reference to my reservation request for 5/21-5/26. can i depend on them to honor my request this far out or should i keep following up until May ??

No. Keep following up. They have been known to screw up reservations, especially ones made so far ahead in advance. And a phone call will go a long way to assure you peace of mind that your accommodations will be ready and waiting for you when you get there.

Tom_

Mar 25, 2011
I am planning to stay at New Garden at the end of July. I now heard that they started renovating rooms of the older wing last month.

Now I am wondering myself if NG is the best choice for me due to potential construction noise.

Did anybody stay at New Garden recently? Any reports about the latest developments would be appreciated.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
just pick up the phone and call them. i wouldn't worry about the noise because at NG there's always noise of some sort. get my drift ? :laugh:
there are other hotel options in that immediate area if it is a concern.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
just pick up the phone and call them. i wouldn't worry about the noise because at NG there's always noise of some sort. get my drift ? :laugh:
there are other hotel options in that immediate area if it is a concern.

Ahhhh....the New Garden......a touch of Harlem in the Dominican.......

......New Garden sounds like a haunted house 24/7, there's always some "moaning" and "screaming" going on........

I'd rather sleep on the beach than there.....

Tommyblaze

Mar 27, 2011
I was there in may they redid the bar area while i was their. I had no problems with noise.....I do have a problem with the new lady in charge i wish wilfred was back!!!!

BrooklynFlyGuy

May 20, 2011
Ahhhh....the New Garden......a touch of Harlem in the Dominican.......

......New Garden sounds like a haunted house 24/7, there's always some "moaning" and "screaming" going on........

I'd rather sleep on the beach than there.....

You're an azz! ... Apparently an ignorant, bigoted one at that. I take it from other coded posts of yours that 'Harlem' references particular guests of a particular race, yes? Well, newsflash! - Harlem these days ain't your Grandfather's Harlem. It is, like many other gentrified neighborhoods in this the Greatest of All cities, no longer solely 'black'.

But that's besides the point... You seem to have an overwhelmingly negative view of folks of color and I for one, resent your giddy embrace of casual racism, passed off as factual and all-knowing social commentary.

You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean your racially-tinged ignorance needs to be spewed at will on a public forum... Grow the fvck up!

Terence

Jun 3, 2011
new garden

what happened to wilfred?

to moderate the forum the guest policy is very liberal
for some it may be too much
coming in late one night solo I was absconded by two sisters from santiago
it worked for me that night but you may not want the hassle
the rooms are reasonable, clean, refridge, a/c, hot water
and you always can say no gracias to the girls

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011

Absconded TK?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Wilfred is cooking in a Condominium that has a great poolside restaurant. I forget the name for now, but it is down the street from Supermarket Zollo. It is the small street looking out the door of Zollo's. I have not been there in awhile, but he was there last time I checked. Great pasta and food as always.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009

Malapropism..............................

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
you're an azz! ... Apparently an ignorant, bigoted one at that. I take it from other coded posts of yours that 'harlem' references particular guests of a particular race, yes? Well, newsflash! - harlem these days ain't your grandfather's harlem. It is, like many other gentrified neighborhoods in this the greatest of all cities, no longer solely 'black'.

But that's besides the point... You seem to have an overwhelmingly negative view of folks of color and i for one, resent your giddy embrace of casual racism, passed off as factual and all-knowing social commentary.

You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean your racially-tinged ignorance needs to be spewed at will on a public forum... Grow the fvck up!

lol........"you can't handle the truth!!!!!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE14U_zM

Last edited:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i've been noticing a lot of racial "tones" on DR1 lately ? it concerns me. must be the "new" breed of posters.
but back to NG, go and have fun !!

life is what you make it............

Lucian

Jan 25, 2008
Willie, the former cook at the New Garden, is the person now cooking at D'Piero, Wifried, the former manager at the New Garden, is now trying to round up investors for a hotel in Sosua. Last time we communicated, he was still on 'vacation'.

Status
Not open for further replies.