Newbie Gringo Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Wow I envy you Grahame.........If you catch my drift? (Inside joke folks)

Larry (A.K.A.Gringo)
No problem Gringo, I will be wearing my flak jacket, pit helmet, combat boots and arriving in my "Night Rider" car. I'm gonna definitely have to reschedule a couple thing on Saturday to make sure I have time. Hope I don't get lost finding the place. :cool: lol

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
No problem Gringo, I will be wearing my flak jacket, pit helmet, combat boots and arriving in my "Night Rider" car. I'm gonna definitely have to reschedule a couple thing on Saturday to make sure I have time. Hope I don't get lost finding the place. :cool: lol

SantiagoDR, All you will need is your club. I'm sure Grahame will loan you one of his...........

Why is it that its good to score under par in golf but its bad to be under par in anything else?

Have a great day SantiagoDR.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
cya-bye: So sorry my friend. I had no idea you were in Santiago....or that you played golf...

You are, of course, welcome at the Hovel...

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
SantiagoDR, All you will need is your club. I'm sure Grahame will loan you one of his...........

Have a great day SantiagoDR.
I think SantiagoDR said he would not be playing golf with us, just coming to visit us & introduce himself. If you are playing SantiagoDR, I will let you use a couple of old clubs & I will certainly bring some Balls for you. ~ Grahame.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I think SantiagoDR said he would not be playing golf with us, just coming to visit us & introduce himself. If you are playing SantiagoDR, I will let you use a couple of old clubs & I will certainly bring some Balls for you. ~ Grahame.

On that last note, I have my own.

BushBaby, I have been chatting with a DR1 member on PM and via E-mail about DR residency and Computer LCD monitors. He is in Sosua, and if I can get the chance today I will get over to Migracion and get the Formularia and other forms for him. Hopefully I can give them to you and you can take them back to P.P. / Sousa area and arrange for him to pick them up. Saving him a trip to Santiago and/or Santo Domingo.

BTW, he's a UK'er..... ukdrf is his user-name, and his name is Zack

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
BushBaby, I have been chatting with a DR1 member on PM and via E-mail about DR residency and Computer LCD monitors. He is in Sosua, and if I can get the chance today I will get over to Migracion and get the Formularia and other forms for him. Hopefully I can give them to you and you can take them back to P.P. / Sousa area and arrange for him to pick them up. Saving him a trip to Santiago and/or Santo Domingo.

BTW, he's a UK'er..... ukdrf is his user-name, and his name is Zack
I am SURE you will be capable of giving them to me SantiagoDR - was that intended as a REQUEST for me to get them up to Zack? Of COURSE I will help Zack wherever I can - he knows that after 3 or 4 years of me being a moderator on his website. He can then either pop over to my house next time he is in Puerto Plata or I can drop them off in Sosua the following weekend! Let me know if you have any problems getting over to Migracion & then I will ring a contact in Migracion Santo Domingo & ask her to put them on Metro or Caribe tours to me! ~ Grahame.

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
As some of you are playing golf regulary on the Las Aromas course, how would you describe the shape of the course right now, I played a few times some years ago (2000?).
At that time the course was very dry and with a lack of maintenance, did they install irrigation in the meantime?
Is it worth to drive up from the capital?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
American English vs British English

- was that intended as a REQUEST for me to get them up to Zack?

Zack being from the U.K., I figured there would be no need for a "Request" for you to help a fellow U.K. ex-pat......

As an American ex-pat, I can only say, "Zack never asked me to do this for him, when I found out you were coming to Santiago, it was only natural for me to do this for him". (Even if he is a U.K. ex-pat). :cool: lol

But in all fairness to ME, since we always seem to have a translation problem between British English and American English, the following quote from my post:

Hopefully I can give them to you and you can take them back to P.P. / Sousa area and arrange for him to pick them up

That translates from American English to British English as a "Request".....

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I picked up the papers and have them in the car, now just have to remember to give them to you.

The 40 pesos for the formularia is my treat, I have always been a BIG spender. :chinese: lol

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
You or me heading up the film crew, Gringo? :laugh: :laugh:

Lambada, It looks like we will need big balls and big clubs for the main event?
I have called CNN. BBC. and arranged for the film crew.............

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Lambada, It looks like we will need big balls and big clubs for the main event?
I have called CNN. BBC. and arranged for the film crew.............

I know you did! The BBC mailed me and said they'd be there if the gentleman using the term 'pit helmet' could be persuaded to correct his English. The term is 'pith' helmet. When I told them who he was, they said yes definitely the term 'pith' was appropriate...................;)

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
cya-bye: So sorry my friend. I had no idea you were in Santiago....or that you played golf...

You are, of course, welcome at the Hovel...

HB

Hillbilly,

I'm not in Santiago right now, I live in the USA and won't be in the DR until November 12th till early December. I only go to Santiago when I feel like getting lost. :rolleyes:

But I do play golf.

Joe

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Thank you very much Ginnie

When I told them who he was, they said yes definitely the term 'pith' was appropriate...................;)
Even your own BBC shows respect....... :rambo: lol

pith - the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"

pith Pronunciation (pth) n.

1. Botany The soft, spongelike, central cylinder of the stems of most flowering plants, composed mainly of parenchyma.
2. Zoology The soft inner substance of a feather or hair.
3. The essential or central part; the heart or essence.
4. Strength; vigor; mettle.
5. Significance; importance.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The golf day has arrived....

Grab your ....., and get ready for the action!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Fox in the hen house

I will say this about the meeting at Campo de Golf, a fox in a hen house would have felt more welcomed. Grahame repeated that "he" could have gotten the papers for Zack, and other then that basically didn't talk to me. I said hello to Hillbilly as he passed by and disappeared to pay the green fees, never to be seen again. Allan(?), whoever he was, did not utter a word. Chip00 was the only one that accually took the time to talk to me.

I hope he doesn't get into too much trouble for that.

Looks like somebody dropped the.. balls!

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I will say this about the meeting at Campo de Golf, a fox in a hen house would have felt more welcomed. Grahame repeated that "he" could have gotten the papers for Zack, and other then that basically didn't talk to me. I said hello to Hillbilly as he passed by and disappeared to pay the green fees, never to be seen again. Allan(?), whoever he was, did not utter a word. Chip00 was the only one that accually took the time to talk to me.

I hope he doesn't get into too much trouble for that.

Looks like somebody dropped the.. balls!

Just look at the bright side..........Imagine for a moment if you had brought along your side kick with you Tom (XR) Then you would have seen some views exchanged. (Big Time!)

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
SantiagoDR?????????????????

Don't yet know Chip00. But, I have exactly the opposite opinion of the other three. Couldn't find nicer people.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Don't yet know Chip00. But, I have exactly the opposite opinion of the other three. Couldn't find nicer people.

I did not say anyone was not nice, just that there was no noticible conversation with me when I went to introduce myself to them. Especially the ones from Santiago since that is where I live. (Chip00 being the exception).

Gringo:
Just look at the bright side..........Imagine for a moment if you had brought along your side kick with you Tom (XR) Then you would have seen some views exchanged. (Big Time!)

Gringo, no one is my sidekick. I went there as me, SantiagoDR, so why do you make hypothetical situations about someone else going there with me? Come back to the real world. I am free to agree or dis-agree with anyone, and I usually do if you follow my posts. My purpose in going to the golf club was to welcome a new ex-pat, Chip00, and to meet also Hillbilly. I did not know BushBaby would be there until BushBaby posted to the thread, and that was after I had inquired to Chip00 about going there to meet him.

So many people here have their own agenda and read things into posts the way they want, be it true or not. When I am on this site I respect that it is Robert's site, and that makes him the boss, whatever he decides is gospel. I don't talk about "other sites" or people on "other sites" when I am here, out of respect to Robert. I would hope you have the same respect.

PS: I put a hidden message in my post about "fox in the hen house". So far no one has found it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.