Newbie Gringo Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Don't yet know Chip00. But, I have exactly the opposite opinion of the other three. Couldn't find nicer people.

I have to agree with you, drtampa. Alan is a great addition to Puerto Plata; been here less than a year and knows more about living in DR than many who have...........well, lived here 10 years or more. Bushbaby I won't comment on because people will think I'm biased ;) Hillbilly is LEGENDARY. So is his bonhomie and hospitality. Gringo, I think you'll remember the last person who took a sideways swipe at Hillbilly....................?
http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/32719-open-letter-mr-wales-long-post.html?highlight=Marjorie+Proops
and we all know what happened there...............

Sounds to me like someone was being a bit of a prima donna. These guys (the 3 mentioned) all meet up to play golf virtually every week; 2 of them have been doing it for years. Sounds like the new member Chip also had a great time. He obviously found acceptance through his charm and personality. Not everyone can do that. But for someone to come on here whining that 'nobody spoke to me' is a touch non-adult, is it not? Deary, deary me. Someone's balls in a sandtrap? Or perhaps they were bunkered? Not that I want to take the 'pith' of course...............

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I did not say anyone was not nice, just that there was no noticible conversation with me when I went to introduce myself to them. Especially the ones from Santiago since that is where I live. (Chip00 being the exception).

Gringo:

Gringo, no one is my sidekick. I went there as me, SantiagoDR, so why do you make hypothetical situations about someone else going there with me? Come back to the real world. I am free to agree or dis-agree with anyone, and I usually do if you follow my posts. My purpose in going to the golf club was to welcome a new ex-pat, Chip00, and to meet also Hillbilly. I did not know BushBaby would be there until BushBaby posted to the thread, and that was after I had inquired to Chip00 about going there to meet him.

So many people here have their own agenda and read things into posts the way they want, be it true or not. When I am on this site I respect that it is Robert's site, and that makes him the boss, whatever he decides is gospel. I don't talk about "other sites" or people on "other sites" when I am here, out of respect to Robert. I would hope you have the same respect.

PS: I put a hidden message in my post about "fox in the hen house". So far no one has found it.
This is one of the weirdest posts I have ever read on DR1. If I understand correctly, you are the fellow who took over drsol from XR, a site who's purpose was to badmouth DR1 and DR1ers, from what I can tell, and that your purpose of going to the golf game, was to welcome Chip, the new DR1 member, and you think that others have some special agendas, and you are posting secret coded messages encrypted in the post about the fox in the hen house, and you are wondering why none of us caught your secret message and that people read things into posts the way they want, and you're unhappy that Hillbilly, Graham and Allan didn't pay enough attention to you.
Have I got this all straight so far?
Because, if that is what it is, I can answer your questions really easily.
Do you have any idea how weird it is for you to have said you went there as SantiagoDR.
Dude, that's your internet nickname.
You must have a real name and and personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.