No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
There is good news for your niece. The Multiple Sclerosis Society highly recommends that people suffering with MS get the vaccine as they are at high risk of adverse reactions to the Covid19 virus.
ICYMI:

She is more likely to have an adverse reaction to Covid19 than she is to the vaccine.
She has been an experimental pin cushion in her home state of Washington, and along with her MS which has destroyed her life, she has had some pretty life-challenging heart issues too.
She's only in her mid-40s but she doesn't have many years left, as my sister tells us.
With her heart issues I think she can best decide with her personal doctors if she should get it.
She has chosen not to be vaccinated for now and why can't the government and vaccine Nazis and yes even the "MS society" just say OK - and respect her decision. Her Body, Her Life, Her Choice. They can assess the risks pro or con.

And I think the statement from the MS Society link you posted tells us enough:

"While research is underway to learn more about the specific experience of people with MS receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, data on the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines in those with MS are limited. Our guidance is based on clinical trials of the general population and studies of other vaccines administered to people with MS. Our guidance will be updated as more is learned from scientific studies of the vaccines."

Not every one is 'the general population', and if you could see how her life has changed since she first acquired MS I think you would agree not all feet fit the same shoes.

Reactions: debinatore

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Some day Covid madness will end, just like many other hysterical reactions in the past -

Remember Ebola, The Great Depression, The Financial Meltdown, SARs, The Bird Flu, The 70's Oil crisis, 911, The Cuban Missile Crisis, The Cold War and Plane Hijackings?

They tend to fade and Coronavirus brought to us by China will fade as well, gone like The Mullet - no longer in fashion to flash your paper vax card, nor wear a loose-fitting paper mask, nor damage your skin with so many disinfectant hand washings.

There will be some who won't be able to let it go and they will be encouraged by politicians hoping to continue a crisis for their own benefit. Some people held onto their raccoon coats and spats too.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
You told us you can take a photo of a license plate and the owner's folder showed up - Tell us how and what app you used.
That was your story
You should get a test done my friend early signs of dementia on us we had this discussion before..it will carry all your info including alll tickets and money owing..welcome to new age .

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Digital Covid 19 vaccine pass is the way to go. It works well in other countries.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
She has been an experimental pin cushion in her home state of Washington, and along with her MS which has destroyed her life, she has had some pretty life-challenging heart issues too.
She's only in her mid-40s but she doesn't have many years left, as my sister tells us.
With her heart issues I think she can best decide with her personal doctors if she should get it.

Of course any decision should be arrived at in consultation with her doctor(s).
She will have consulted with her personal doctors then?
Are you suggesting that her personal doctors have advised against her getting the vaccine?
That's interesting that they would disagree with the available science.
Did she get a second opinion?

As far as all the "nazi this" and the "nazi that" mumble jumble, why not give it a rest?
It does nothing for your credibility.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
She has chosen not to be vaccinated for now and why can't the government and vaccine Nazis and yes even the "MS society" just say OK - and respect her decision. Her Body, Her Life, Her Choice. They can assess the risks pro or con.

And I think the statement from the MS Society link you posted tells us enough:

"While research is underway to learn more about the specific experience of people with MS receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, data on the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines in those with MS are limited. Our guidance is based on clinical trials of the general population and studies of other vaccines administered to people with MS. Our guidance will be updated as more is learned from scientific studies of the vaccines."

Not every one is 'the general population', and if you could see how her life has changed since she first acquired MS I think you would agree not all feet fit the same shoes.
You may want to ask her if she's ever looked into her symptoms being caused by a Gluten intolerance. She may want to consider giving up bread and other products containing gluten.

Reactions: Auryn and jd426

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
"Get back to normal". Just what does that mean in a pandemic? Especially in a country that depends on tourists who come from countries that don't mind preventing their citizens from coming here if they their returning citizens put people at home at risk

Generally I think your posts show clear thinking, but not in this case

If tourism in danger,things will be tougher, not forgotten for Christmas
Get back to normal means we go about ya daily lives without having to constantly share our personal information with complete strangers who have an 8th grade education.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
did you ever notice how almost everyone has cell phone in Dominican..QR code instant check almost impossible fake
requires verification just like pcr testing one they give verification on a click by website..QR code spreading around world going that way it seems .. will it work here who know things are changing rapidly..
I lost my cell phone , here is my raggedy paper Vaccine card .. take it or leave it .
now what you gonna do to me ,

you living in Fantasy land . not the good one either .
i swear some of u just dont think stuff through .
this will be impossible to enforce

Did you just make that up, because it does not work
he had another wet dream

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
From what I have seen lately, and Everbody knows this is a country of Fake things...I have seen fake vaccination cards bought for 500 pesos, they are the real card only you dont get the jab with them.........
STOP it ,, you are giving away the ACE in the hole ...
shame on you

SO many different ways to GAME this system for Idiots , its almost too easy ..

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
STOP it ,, you are giving away the ACE in the hole ...
shame on you

SO many different ways to GAME this system for Idiots , its almost too easy ..
Easy. I will give you an easy way to go to Jail here. Ever have an argument with a Dominican girlfriend? Maybe she wanted a dress and you were "too cheap" to buy it. Well she "drops a dime" on you. And as they say in Monopoly: "Go Straight to Jail"...................Cannot happen, think again. And posting this on a open forum is not too smart also...................

But do carry on.......................

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
When I was vaccinated, there was nobody doing any data base entering at the location. When I realized they did not stamp the card with the official seal after the second vaccination, I went at a later date back to the office in POP where they looked up that my wife and I were vaccinated and then stamped our cards.

THE VACCINATION DATA HAD BEEN ENTERED INTO A DATA BASE.

I do hope that is clear. What you do, is up to you.

What the government does from October 18 onward will be fascinating.
I never denied that it was entered on a database in your case. I just made the point that I never saw anyone entering anything and when I told them my third jab (Pfizer) was my first, and they didn't look it up or tell me I was wrong - just gave me a new vax card. I also pointed out that when my card was stamped the woman didn't check anything - just continued talking on her phone. So keep calm and have a nice day!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I just looked on mine. I have only one shot. It has my Cedula nr on it. I think people who have a card and no cedula might have a problem here. The police guys will not understand that. There is also a section where it says Vacunador and it wasn’t signed there. I looked at another with two Sinovacs and she had someone signing there for 1 and 2. I will bring mine to the Vaccination place at Downtown Center next week and ask if I can start a new one. Mine is from end May. In Europe they are talking about every 6 months anyway.
People without a cedula have their passport number on the card. They just need to carry a copy of their passport, as they are supposed to do anyway.

Reactions: aarhus

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I don't know maybe its just me but I do not like to be coerce by anybody specially the government...for those unvaccinated you can do your food shopping on line...I live in Santiago and shop in the supermarkets Plaza Lama, La Sirena, La Nacional etc...for banking you can use the drive thru window...time to go around the idiot politicos...
I think you will be doing what the govt. wants - which is to keep unvaccinated people out of these establishments.

Reactions: aarhus

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
did you ever notice how almost everyone has cell phone in Dominican..QR code instant check almost impossible fake
requires verification just like pcr testing one they give verification on a click by website..QR code spreading around world going that way it seems .. will it work here who know things are changing rapidly..
Actually, that is already being done in Lithuania and a couple other countries. Your proof of vaccination has a QRC code just like the E-Ticket. As you enter stores, the code is scanned with a smartphone. It only takes one or two seconds. Very hard to fake.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Actually, that is already being done in Lithuania and a couple other countries. Your proof of vaccination has a QRC code just like the E-Ticket. As you enter stores, the code is scanned with a smartphone. It only takes one or two seconds. Very hard to fake.

And France, and Switzerland, etc ..... And it works just fine AND protects your privacy.

• Haha
Reactions: DR fan1990
Status
Not open for further replies.