No curfew but with a vaccination card or PCR test to enter establishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
From what I have seen lately, and Everbody knows this is a country of Fake things...I have seen fake vaccination cards bought for 500 pesos, they are the real card only you dont get the jab with them.........
I'd like to know if the bar code on the vaccination card is unique and tied into a data base.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Actually, that is already being done in Lithuania and a couple other countries. Your proof of vaccination has a QRC code just like the E-Ticket. As you enter stores, the code is scanned with a smartphone. It only takes one or two seconds. Very hard to fake.
Extremely hard ...Canadians are rolling QR code by province now…Dominican labrotories are using it since January..

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This thread is giving me a headache. Can we stop the insults and stick to facts?

FB8BD8E6-3434-4FA0-AA35-31A7EF17A689.jpeg

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
What I find interesting is there are less than two handfuls of posters here discussing fake vax cards in a country that is NOT their country. They basically have no rights legally, or I suppose strong enough contacts, to help them IF things go south on the fake cards. In addition, data shows they are in the minority . So, on a public forum board they feel confident enough to spin the wheel and try to induce others that this shell game is flawless. Hmmmm.....For me, I don't think so. Why? Not my country. I am a guest in someone's house and I don't plan on farting.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
"Get back to normal". Just what does that mean in a pandemic? Especially in a country that depends on tourists who come from countries that don't mind preventing their citizens from coming here if they their returning citizens put people at home at risk

Generally I think your posts show clear thinking, but not in this case

If tourism in danger,things will be tougher, not forgotten for Christmas

At this point it's NOT about a pandemic. Explain exactly how vax passports stop the pandemic if those vaccinated can still infect each other and infect the unvaccinated?

Vaccine passports are about the implementation of mandatory digital IDs for everyone that will extend way beyond just how many vaccine doses you've had.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I lost my cell phone , here is my raggedy paper Vaccine card .. take it or leave it .
now what you gonna do to me ,

you living in Fantasy land . not the good one either .
i swear some of u just dont think stuff through .
this will be impossible to enforce

he had another wet dream
Have this image of a moto concho asking me for my vaccine card before being allowed to sit on his bike. That and the publico taxi driver asking for the same, then cramming 5 other bodies like sardines in his car:ROFLMAO:
Lets not even begin to think what the gua gua vans will do, however rest assured the Metro and Carib Tour bus will be safe;)

Reactions: Chala and jd426

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
At this point it's NOT about a pandemic. Explain exactly how vax passports stop the pandemic if those vaccinated can still infect each other and infect the unvaccinated?

Vaccine passports are about the implementation of mandatory digital IDs for everyone that will extend way beyond just how many vaccine doses you've had.

Ever hear about the carrot and stick approach?
The case of vaccine passports, QR code for maximum efficiency, is such an approach..
A carrot for the good minded folk that are willing to get on board and do whatever they can to help the world get back on an even keel.
A stick for the rest.
A twofer.
Many of the maneuvers that governments and private industry are being forced to make would not have been so necessary if there had been a more fair-minded, wide reaching acceptance of the vaccines in the first place.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What I find interesting is there are less than two handfuls of posters here discussing fake vax cards in a country that is NOT their country. They basically have no rights legally, or I suppose strong enough contacts, to help them IF things go south on the fake cards. In addition, data shows they are in the minority . So, on a public forum board they feel confident enough to spin the wheel and try to induce others that this shell game is flawless. Hmmmm.....For me, I don't think so. Why? Not my country. I am a guest in someone's house and I don't plan on farting.
Everyone that is a legal resident here has legal rights and a number of us are citizens like SKY, William Weber, myself, Windy .etc I know from my own conversations with Dominicans and school clients that there are many more Dominicans than you think that are resistant to getting vaccinated. Another problem is they arent vaccinating Haitians that have no papers.

Reactions: aarhus and jd426

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Have this image of a moto concho asking me for my vaccine card before being allowed to sit on his bike. That and the publico taxi driver asking for the same, then cramming 5 other bodies like sardines in his car:ROFLMAO:
Lets not even begin to think what the gua gua vans will do, however rest assured the Metro and Carib Tour bus will be safe;)
Many of the public taxis and guaguas never insisted on masks. Motoconchos either. In fact, I would bet none have. Vaccine cards - fuggeddaboudit!

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Ever hear about the carrot and stick approach?
The case of vaccine passports, QR code for maximum efficiency, is such an approach..
A carrot for the good minded folk that are willing to get on board and do whatever they can to help the world get back on an even keel.
A stick for the rest.
A twofer.
Many of the maneuvers that governments and private industry are being forced to make would not have been so necessary if there had been a more fair-minded, wide reaching acceptance of the vaccines in the first place.
So will you still think it's just about the vaccines and a pandemic when the government starts including your cedula, your drivers licence, your address, your fines, your criminal record, your bank accounts and other personal data in your QR code?

How's that for a carrot? 😂

I literally just posted above a news article about how the Dominican Republic is co signing the Digital Agenda for 2030.

Reactions: jd426

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Everyone that is a legal resident here has legal rights and a number of us are citizens like SKY, William Weber, myself, Windy .etc I know from my own conversations with Dominicans and school clients that there are many more Dominicans than you think that are resistant to getting vaccinated. Another problem is they arent vaccinating Haitians that have no papers.
So, Mr. Saunders, do you approve of fake vax cards, which appears to be a subset of the tread title?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
So, Mr. Saunders, do you approve of fake vax cards, which appears to be a subset of the tread title?

Doesn't matter who approves of them or not ,, THEY EXIST ... Approving or not approving , does NOT change this FACT ..

Therefore, Logically , and using a little of your critical thinking skills ... this makes ALL vax Cards WORTHLESS , They only have Value to the HOLDER , not the person looking at them for PROTECTION..

why is this so hard to understand for some ?

never mind ,I already know.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Doesn't matter who approves of them or not ,, THEY EXIST ... Approving or not approving , does NOT change this FACT ..

Therefore, Logically , and using a little of your critical thinking skills ... this makes ALL vax Cards WORTHLESS , They only have Value to the HOLDER , not the person looking at them for PROTECTION..

why is this so hard to understand for some ?

never mind ,I already know.
No actually it’s easy to understand..the government’s around the world are forcing you to play in different sand box hopefully neighbours cat didn’t scat in it..it’s a conspiracy :LOL:

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Many of the public taxis and guaguas never insisted on masks. Motoconchos either. In fact, I would bet none have. Vaccine cards - fuggeddaboudit!
Sometimes it’s like there are two countries. The one pretending the DR is almost developed and generally they have a high standard of living and seems many expats live in that bubble too. I admit to live in that bubble but I think I can see to some degree how the rest of the country lives and how they have acted during this pandemic. And yes to another poster of course we have rights if we are legal residents here. And the ones who got citizenship can vote even.

Status
Not open for further replies.