Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Anna Coniglio said:
Where do you find these pictures?

The Internet :)

Anna Coniglio said:
And why are you young good looking guys and gals in front of your puter on a Saturday night? ;)

I spent the day at the beach and I was dead tired. The last thing I wanted to do when I got home was go out again and create the illusion of a "good" guy... again!

I even turned my cell phone off ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Eddy said:
You mean all that stuff that U-know-who (She) told me what you did together was all lies..............

That was before I started watching "Queer Eye For the Straight Guy".

I'm thinking of going Metro-Sexual, but worried about the quality of the hair products here in the DR.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
:)

I live in Toronto Canada and we debated these issues at the office relating the way Canadian men treat there women. One very interesting fact I stumbled upon in a business case i once wrote is that in Canada women out number men 2 1/2 to 1 in this country.

The consensus is that men here have way too many options in Canada. Who cares how they treat their girl because regardless of if they use, disrespect, and cheat on them - there is always some deperate girl on a corner looking for a man.

Those desperate women I speak (that are just waiting) of are raised in the competative environment feeling like they will never find a decent man, let alone a good one causing them to lower there standards for the sake of having a man, and accepting behaviour that is simply just unacceptable. Their of acceptance of the poor treatment gives the men the immpression that when they get a girl that wont accecpt the behavior - "screw her", there is surely an "easier" girl to deal with around the corner"

I have been specific to speak on Canadian - or let me even slim it down further to Toronto men because in my numerous trips to the USA and DR I have experienced something very different with respect to the men.

I noticed men that take much more pride in thier families, at least to the eye seemed to showed a higher level of respect and appreciation for thier woman, actually I would just sum it up at pride, pride in everything.

We have a little man growing up in my household (my nephew) and we are trying to raise him with strong values, so maybe in 15 yrs from now some decent girl will have a shot at a good boy.

I will sum this up by saying I will never be with just ANY man just for the sake of having one

Mira

Jan 15, 2005
cjewell said:
feeling like they will never find a decent man, let alone a good one causing them to lower there standards for the sake of having a man, and accepting behaviour that is simply just unacceptable.

in my numerous trips to the USA and DR I have experienced something very different with respect to the men.

I will sum this up by saying I will never be with just ANY man just for the sake of having one

That's a good post!

We lower or standards for two resons :
1- The way we are raised, our families told us as little girls that we needed a man to take care of, to be nice to, to have a family, to be a good woman, a woman alone can't do squat without a man. :laugh:

2- The time you date someone, you never know the person entirely, it's once you moved in with the person the real caracter shows. And it's never right away, it's always a few months later. In the couples I witnessed around me, and in mine, if the man would have shown his true side right off the bat, he would have baned from the girl's life in a second.

I agree with you, many American I've known are not the same as Canadian men, it shows a lot on a date. Lots of them are nicer and more caring, are more respectful. Still thought, I haven't lived with an American so maybe it don't last. You mentioned pride, from my experiences, men I knew were not proud of anything, maybe that's what makes Canadian women so different then Candian men, we love to dress good, we love to achieve things, we love to seduce, we love having a family, we take pride in what we do, in our lifes. Somehow, men don't have any of that, well most of them anyway.

And that's a good way of thinking, not just anyone..... :)

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
Look ...

Lots of Tension!!! So Easily said: North American men and Sankies are completely different and have different ways of life as well as values. Its a completely different world down here! 2 years later and it was not that hard to realize! Jobs aren't important as long as there are white girls around and its the truth and many white women (north american and EUROPEAN women) are dumb, nieve, or just don't pay attention to **** that is happening around them!

American Men VS Dominican Men

-Budweiser vs Presidente
-Can't spend time with you because of work vs Cant spend time with you because of wife and kids
-Hop in my hooptie baby vs Lets get in this taxi with 5 other people
-Give me money vs Dame Deniro
-Let's get married and start a family vs I want a white baby
-My family will be so happy that you are a sucessful young woman vs My momma's gonna love seeing me with a white girl

For future women who visit the Dominican Republic, if he seems to good to be true, then baby, usually he is! Just use your brain and your common sense (if you have it).

*** NOT THAT ANY WOMAN WOULD LISTEN TO ANOTHER WOMAN'S ADVICE --- WE ALL THINK BAD ABOUT EACH OTHER --- TRUST ME DARLINGS I DON'T WANT YOUR SANKIES***

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
MaineGirl said:
Hi Anna...I am 27 soon to be 28...educated....some people say I am cute (duh, I am lovely) but more than that I am mouthy (problem with sarcasm but I do have a sweet nature...) Send me some of that Sicilian love--am dying up here in this snow-infested place. The only eligible man is in his 60's and I wish he was a little richer for his age :(. However I am not an ageist and I am almost thinking of going out with him.

:) :) MG

I'd love to have you as a daughter-in-law darling. No prob with sarcasm it's already part of our life. So when are you coming up for a holiday? Summer would be a good time. :)

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
This thread is SOOOO funny! Anna, is it excepted behavior for Canadian men to date older women as it is in the Dominican Republic? I am an original
Maine-i-ac too but since I am in North America I am looking for a Dominican with Robert's sense of humor right now.
Thanks guys I needed this laugh today.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Maine Girl" is Single????

Since when??

Oh,back on "TOPIC"!

The biggest problem in relationships,is that both parties feel it is the "job" of the other party to:"Make Them Happy"!!!!

"Bull$hit"!
It is our job to make ourselves happy!
Notice how most of the women have an "Agenda" of the things their partner in not "giving", or "doing", for them? How "SELF"-ish!

My first wife I married for sex.Big mistake!Sex "Petered" :nervous: out,nothing left!

My second wife,I married because she was a "Free Spirit",and I like her "style"! That and her "BJs"! ;) Point is,I didn't marry her to;"Make Me Happy!"..We seemed to "compliment" one another.

Soooooooo,Women, Stop Looking for someone to provide you with "happiness"!

Get rid of your "Baggage" .and stop looking for a "Bellboy" to carry it for you!

"Maine Girl" single???

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Criss, don't you have a cute son, too? ;) Anyway your advice is the best. "Stop looking for a bellboy." So true. On MSN Latino the tagline for their dating service is "Busca tu media naranja." Look for the other half of your orange. And on the Sopranos I heard "Every shoe has a mate."

Last edited:

mojo*mojo

Feb 10, 2005
Three Maxims Merging

Three thoughts, per a recent conversation I had with Maine Girl:

One, my grandfather always says that there are three essentials to a happy marriage: Shared financial values, a satisfying sex life, and mutual respect. He's been married for 55 years, and I think both of my grandparents would agree it's a good marriage.

The second thing is the rule of equals, which Maine Girl says she heard from one of the sages on DR1. The idea is that you marry equal, or better. So, if you have a master's degree, so should your partner. If you own a house, so should he. If you like to have sex daily, so should he, etc.

I think that if we HONESTLY apply these two standards, we'd all be alot happier in love. But I think the third and most difficult thing to do is to see the other person FOR WHO THEY REALLY ARE, and not project onto them what we want them to be. My friend Micah came up with that one, and I have to remind myself of that advice in pretty much every relationship. And it's hard to put your lover under that kind of microscope, but one must if one will ever be truly happy, and avoid being "sankified". ;)

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Interesting fact?

cjewell said:
One very interesting fact I stumbled upon in a business case i once wrote is that in Canada women out number men 2 1/2 to 1 in this country.
Looks more like ridiculous nonsense to me.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ca.html#People

Sex ratio:
at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female
under 15 years: 1.05 male(s)/female
15-64 years: 1.01 male(s)/female
65 years and over: 0.74 male(s)/female
total population: 0.98 male(s)/female (2004 est.)

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I think we were talking about Hillbilly's rules for dating a Dominican.

1) He has a bank account equal to your own-in pesos, not dollars or pounds (You have 100 pounds, he has 100 pesos, that's all.). He has a Credit Card and can write a cheque.
2) He has a Visa to travel to the US or Canada
3) He is educated to the equivalent of your own level: High School, Tech School whatever.....
If there is a "no" to any one of these, then essentially you are wasting your time

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Malibook said:
Looks more like ridiculous nonsense to me.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ca.html#People

Sex ratio:
at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female
under 15 years: 1.05 male(s)/female
15-64 years: 1.01 male(s)/female
65 years and over: 0.74 male(s)/female
total population: 0.98 male(s)/female (2004 est.)

I wasn't about to argue, but I couldn't see the OP being statistcially correct. There are lots of great men in Canada, the US, the DR, and in every country in the world (this board does have many fine examples). Don't let past experiences taint future experiences with one of these potentially great men, or you're going to fall into the same trap. Stories of past "loves" generally scare the good ones away. I don't buy into everything Dr. Phil says, but I do believe his stance that many people like being the "victim" - and fall for the same type of guy over and over again, because it's easier to blame someone else for failed relationships than it is to look inside and wonder what you, yourself, did wrong. If you look closely at your own failed relationships, you will see a pattern - you're the only one who can break that pattern.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Robert wrote: Leave the nastiness at home, it's not needed or called for.
Your not exactly the catch of the day yourself :)

This has been a pretty lighthearted thread and will remain that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Good stats but what about those handsome Canucks.

CabareteCid said:
Lots of Tension!!! So Easily said: North American men and Sankies are completely different and have different ways of life as well as values. Its a completely different world down here! 2 years later and it was not that hard to realize! Jobs aren't important as long as there are white girls around and its the truth and many white women (north american and EUROPEAN women) are dumb, nieve, or just don't pay attention to **** that is happening around them!

American Men VS Dominican Men

-Budweiser vs Presidente
-Can't spend time with you because of work vs Cant spend time with you because of wife and kids
-Hop in my hooptie baby vs Lets get in this taxi with 5 other people
-Give me money vs Dame Deniro
-Let's get married and start a family vs I want a white baby
-My family will be so happy that you are a sucessful young woman vs My momma's gonna love seeing me with a white girl

For future women who visit the Dominican Republic, if he seems to good to be true, then baby, usually he is! Just use your brain and your common sense (if you have it).

*** NOT THAT ANY WOMAN WOULD LISTEN TO ANOTHER WOMAN'S ADVICE --- WE ALL THINK BAD ABOUT EACH OTHER --- TRUST ME DARLINGS I DON'T WANT YOUR SANKIES***

Now that you have mentioned Budweiser Vs. president, what about those hockey loving, Molson drinking boys. You know the Canucks. EH!

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Off topic! FYI, AZB has not posted in this thread.

If you have something to say to me that's not related to the topic of this thread, do it via email or PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mira

Jan 15, 2005
We should listen to mom!

Mother's advice to her daughter about choosing a man:

#1, you need a man who has a good job and is a good provider.
#2, you need a man who worships you and treats you like a princess.
#3, you need a man who can make you laugh.
#4, you need a man who can satisfy you physically.
#5, you need to make sure that those four men never meet!