North American Men v.s. Sankies

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sorry I haven't been around much this afternoon to clean up. My little grandchildren are here and we are painting and making paper hearts for tomorrow. :knockedou :knockedou :knockedou :classic:

Will catch up tonight.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Put your money where your mouth is...

Koko68 said:
Now I've heard all the stories about the DR Sankies. But let's talk about the sankies in North America. They might not be as obvious as the ones in DR but let?s get real, sankies aren't just there. I know some women can talk about men that they have met, dated and loved that live here in Canada and the U.S of A that have lied, cheated, used them for money, sex and their time. Men with no jobs or barley a job. No money or their mama's money. No education or almost a high school diploma. No sexual talent or what they think is sexual talent (and we all know it ain't anything good). I'm tired of men thinking their s$%t is platinum and it's hardly aluminium foil. Where are the good men at??? I mean the real good men. Not the ones that have nothing to offer not even their time and want the world in return. At least the DR Sankies gave us time while we were there and most of them are still willing to give us time when we're gone. So what if they're just looking for money, sex or a visa. North American men are just looking for sex, sometimes money and a babysitter for them and sometimes there kids. At least we have something to look forward to (the DR) when we see our sankies.
You ask "What has happened to North American women? Why are they stooping so low? Don?t they have any shame? Where is your pride??
I ask ?What happened to North American men? Why can?t they treat women with the respect they deserve? What really makes them better then Sankies?????????

and come and join me in Sosua for a little snorkelling and/or diving(whichever you prefer) and a little surfing in Cabarete this summer(dinner and dancing included). You will see that you can easily find yourself in the presence of a well-educated, well-travelled secure male who desires freindship and trust above anything else in a woman. Just give me time to get the hookers out of my hotel room befeore you come over.
You seem to be very content ranting about the men who have done you wrong in your life, but it is not our job to find you a good one. Sometimes people get what they are looking for in life, so don't complain when you get it.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Mira said:
Mother's advice to her daughter about choosing a man:

#1, you need a man who has a good job and is a good provider.
#2, you need a man who worships you and treats you like a princess.
#3, you need a man who can make you laugh.
#4, you need a man who can satisfy you physically.
#5, you need to make sure that those four men never meet!

Oh, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Escott said:
Robert wrote: Leave the nastiness at home, it's not needed or called for.
Your not exactly the catch of the day yourself :)

This has been a pretty lighthearted thread and will remain that way.
If I am not the catch of the day why do you keep coming a calling and staying at my house?

What I wrote was NOT nasty. Just some observations from living in the Dominican Republic. For what it's worth, I am home. Are you coming over?

Koko68

Feb 9, 2005
Berzin said:
and come and join me in Sosua for a little snorkelling and/or diving(whichever you prefer) and a little surfing in Cabarete this summer(dinner and dancing included). You will see that you can easily find yourself in the presence of a well-educated, well-travelled secure male who desires freindship and trust above anything else in a woman. Just give me time to get the hookers out of my hotel room befeore you come over.
You seem to be very content ranting about the men who have done you wrong in your life, but it is not our job to find you a good one. Sometimes people get what they are looking for in life, so don't complain when you get it.

I'm planning on visiting Sosua in April ;) . I'm not asking anyone to find me a good man. That's a whole different thread. I didn't even get into any detail about men that I've dated (that's another thread too). I just wanted to know what's up with men now a days. They are so quick to have sex and/or ask for money (or want us women to pay or cover our own way) but they run even if you mention commitment. I'm not saying that men need to pay for everything but come on. We raise our daughters to be treated like princesses and later on to be treated like queens but a man won?t even open the door for them. You want to know what my problem is...I always try and find the good in people. I never thought that it was a bad thing...but maybe it is.

Koko68

Feb 9, 2005
mojo*mojo said:
Three thoughts, per a recent conversation I had with Maine Girl:

One, my grandfather always says that there are three essentials to a happy marriage: Shared financial values, a satisfying sex life, and mutual respect. He's been married for 55 years, and I think both of my grandparents would agree it's a good marriage.

The second thing is the rule of equals, which Maine Girl says she heard from one of the sages on DR1. The idea is that you marry equal, or better. So, if you have a master's degree, so should your partner. If you own a house, so should he. If you like to have sex daily, so should he, etc.

I think that if we HONESTLY apply these two standards, we'd all be alot happier in love. But I think the third and most difficult thing to do is to see the other person FOR WHO THEY REALLY ARE, and not project onto them what we want them to be. My friend Micah came up with that one, and I have to remind myself of that advice in pretty much every relationship. And it's hard to put your lover under that kind of microscope, but one must if one will ever be truly happy, and avoid being "sankified". ;)

I really like this. It looks really good on paper (or computer screen). It's just hard to adapt it to real life sometimes.

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
Raised to be princesses? Treated like queens all the time? Please.......! My parents raised me to depend on myself to be happy, to support myself. Not to rely on a man to be happy.

Do you treat your man like a king? I do, and not a day goes by wothout it being appreciated.

Sorry, but I have doors opened for me all the time. And I do the SAME for a man. It's just common courtesy. So I am not sure where all these losers are that y'all are ranting about.

If you are raised as an independent thinking, resoursceful woman, and carry yourself as such, these dogs will not come sniffing around.....I don't know who some of you complainers have been associating with, but after all this "being treated like a queen" etc what does HE get out of this? MAYBE some action once a week?

I hear these sob stories from women all the time. Well, if you have such a long laundry list of I want I want I want...(never mentioning what you offer them) no wonder you are all disappointed. I have spent 8 great years single, had a fantastic time, and never LOOKED for a partner (another mistake) and now have someone fantastic.

Mentioning commitment? Hell that would make ME run if it's mentioned at the wrong time.....these things should come along naturally.

I think there are a great deal of expectations that are just impossible for the average 'good guy' to meet, so why try? They are doomed to fail.

HN-and yes I am a chick

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Koko68 said:
We raise our daughters to be treated like princesses and later on to be treated like queens but a man won?t even open the door for them..

You raise them like that and they are no use to me..what do they have to offer to us men... I have stated this numerous times.. I don?t want a dependant whimsical creature that adds no value to a relationship and thinks sex is favour to hand out..

I want a woman that will work with me as a partner in a solid family.. that fulfills a well defined role.. as the traditional and highly valued mother of the family.. that acts as a strong XO.. that supports me and has my back.. that takes care of me when I come home from my corporate battles.. who in return gets a strong man.. who will always treat her with the respect she is due.. who will be loving and faithful.. who will make sure she never has to worry about the bills.. together, si Dios quiere, we will form a traditional and strong family.. fortunately for me.. there are plenty of women out there that want the same as I... mainly of Latin stock..

Like some already said.. you get what you deserve and I will not give myself to a princess or queen who makes no contribution to a relationship.. she can look elsewhere.. and probably will..

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
hollywood north said:
Raised to be princesses? Treated like queens all the time? Please.......! My parents raised me to depend on myself to be happy, to support myself. Not to rely on a man to be happy.

Do you treat your man like a king? I do, and not a day goes by wothout it being appreciated.

Sorry, but I have doors opened for me all the time. And I do the SAME for a man. It's just common courtesy. So I am not sure where all these losers are that y'all are ranting about.

If you are raised as an independent thinking, resoursceful woman, and carry yourself as such, these dogs will not come sniffing around.....I don't know who some of you complainers have been associating with, but after all this "being treated like a queen" etc what does HE get out of this? MAYBE some action once a week?

I hear these sob stories from women all the time. Well, if you have such a long laundry list of I want I want I want...(never mentioning what you offer them) no wonder you are all disappointed. I have spent 8 great years single, had a fantastic time, and never LOOKED for a partner (another mistake) and now have someone fantastic.

Mentioning commitment? Hell that would make ME run if it's mentioned at the wrong time.....these things should come along naturally.

I think there are a great deal of expectations that are just impossible for the average 'good guy' to meet, so why try? They are doomed to fail.

HN-and yes I am a chick

Amen to that... HN a woman to be proud of... a woman I would be proud to open doors for...yes I am a man.. but this is the attitude I am looking for in my partner (to be honest in any meaningful relationship, be that friendship or business).. think of what you can bring to the table.. if your offer is interestign enough... the partners will come running!

Koko68

Feb 9, 2005
Don't get it twisted

NEVER did I say that a princess or a queen did not contribute to a relationship. When I make those statements it?s about the level of respect not the lack or participation. I work me a$$ off being a good women. I work 2 jobs (I work with troubled children and teens), I'm in school full time, I do volunteer work, I run a girls group for pre teens and I still make time for my family, church and friends. I don't mention what I do for the men I date because I'm not trying to show off on here. But I ALWAYS make sure that the men that I'm in a relationship with feels like a king (past boyfriends cause testify for that...and I'm still friends with most of them).
So please don't get it twisted. My mom raised a beautiful, strong, hard working, intelligent, talented black women. Most of the men I meet don't bring close to what I bring to the table. And even with that I'm still willing to help a man build himself up (which sometimes is a mistake).

Princesses and Queens don't look for servant but look for Kings and Princes. They are raised with pride and dignity. A Princess will not take any old rift raft to be their Prince. And if you are a princess you need to carry yourself a certain way. I don?t see anything wrong with being a Princess or a Queen. A hard working woman should be with a hard working man. They say that beside ever good man is a good woman.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Koko68 said:
Princesses and Queens don't look for servant but look for Kings and Princes. They are raised with pride and dignity. A Princess will not take any old rift raft to be their Prince. And if you are a princess you need to carry yourself a certain way. I don?t see anything wrong with being a Princess or a Queen. A hard working woman should be with a hard working man. They say that beside ever good man is a good woman.

Well, I am not a King or a Prince but I am a man. I would not be looking for a Queen or a Princess either. A good woman would do. A woman who describes herself as a Queen or a Princess worries me. Wories me that she is looking for someone to worship her. That she has placed herself high on the totem pole of society and that she would refuse to settle for anything that she feels is "beneath" her. Now if you find someone who meets your criteria as your "king" and fall in love with him, what happens when his natural flaws begin to show? Will you still accept him? Will he still be good enough for the "Queen"?

To me you sound a little silly. How about finding a man whos interests you share and who you enjoy being with? Then just fit into society wherever you can and enjoy your lives together? Isn't that a little more realistic?

(King) Larry....lol

Koko68

Feb 9, 2005
Larry said:
Well, I am not a King or a Prince but I am a man. I would not be looking for a Queen or a Princess either. A good woman would do. A woman who describes herself as a Queen or a Princess worries me. Wories me that she is looking for someone to worship her. That she has placed herself high on the totem pole of society and that she would refuse to settle for anything that she feels is "beneath" her. Now if you find someone who meets your criteria as your "king" and fall in love with him, what happens when his natural flaws begin to show? Will you still accept him? Will he still be good enough for the "Queen"?

To me you sound a little silly. How about finding a man whos interests you share and who you enjoy being with? Then just fit into society wherever you can and enjoy your lives together? Isn't that a little more realistic?

(King) Larry....lol

Come on Larry. Don't just take it at face value. I would not walk around introducing my self as a queen. It's a frame of mine. And I've never known a queen to have a king worship her. The King/Queen Princesses/Prince is ONLY in regards to the level of respect and pride. It's not to do with looks or wanting to be worshiped or served. It's about wanting to be respected as a woman. Why is it such a hard concept to get? This is a concept that people use with their children. "Mommy's little princess" doesn't mean that the mother worships the child; she just wants her daughter to have pride in herself. Kids understand the word ?princess? easier then they understand the word ?pride?. It's amazing that some adults (King Larry) don't get it.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Koko68 said:
It's amazing that some adults (King Larry) don't get it.

No, I honestly don't get it.

Good luck finding your Prince. Just don't be surprised if at the stroke of midnight he turns into a frog.

<< ribbit >>

Larry

Koko68

Feb 9, 2005
Let me know...

...so where are all the good men? North American or Dominican. Just one good one and all of us ladies can share him...LOL. And what does a good man look for in a good woman. Maybe the problem isn't with them maybe it's with us women.(YEAH RIGHT)