Nuria tours the campgrounds in favor of the three grounds for abortion

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Campamento-3-Causales-N-Digital.png

Those following the crusade of women groups in favor of instating the three grounds for abortion in the Dominican Republic should tune in to learn about the protestors camped out in front of the Presidential Palace. President Luis Abinader had spoken during his presidential campaign in favor of the three grounds. Today he is leaving the matter up to the Chamber of Deputies and has even suggested that a referendum decide the matter.

Congress is debating the incorporating of the three grounds for abortion in the Penal Code. Despite the Modern Revolutionary Party (PRM) backing the three grounds when the party was in the opposition, today the president of the Chamber of Deputies, Alfredo Pacheco (PRM-National District) has spearheaded efforts to keep the criminalization with the only exception being when the life of the mother is in danger and this is scientifically proven. The...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If the put it to a referendum vote I hope they only let women vote seeing as men can't get pregnant and should step aside as this is a woman's issue.

Reactions: TropicalPaul

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
If the put it to a referendum vote I hope they only let women vote seeing as men can't get pregnant and should step aside as this is a woman's issue.
Using that same Logic.. all Women should be 100% responsible for thee Babies they choose to bring into this world ..
All Child support should be abolished ..
same exact logic , no ?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Using that same Logic.. all Women should be 100% responsible for thee Babies they choose to bring into this world ..
All Child support should be abolished ..
same exact logic , no ?
You can't be serious. How does child support even come into this for you. Perhaps in your way of thinking no one ever got a divorce that had children.

This is about 3 situations that abortion would be allowed. This is not about using abortion as a birth control method. I will never understand why a bunch of old men still think they have the right to decide what happens to a womans body.

There should have been a 11th commandment, mind your own business.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Actually it's a human issue. And I'm sure that men have the right to vote in the DR.
Men have the right to vote here. They just shouldn't have the right to vote for something that does not affect them in the way it does a woman.
If men could get pregnant and had to show the responsibility they insist from women on this issue there would be an abortion clinic on every other street corner

Reactions: MarJD

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I agree with the 3 proposed exceptions/rules, but I do not agree that men should have no say. That baby is their flesh and blood too.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Men have the right to vote here. They just shouldn't have the right to vote for something that does not affect them in the way it does a woman.
If men could get pregnant and had to show the responsibility they insist from women on this issue there would be an abortion clinic on every other street corner

We've all heard that before. It carries no water. Murdering babies is immoral and still illegal in the DR.

I do agree that there should be an exception if the woman's life is in danger.

Reactions: jd426

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
And that is why I hope the closed minded stone aged type thinkers never gets to rule the world. Your argument makes absolutely no sense to the people it affects. Just like my opinions was will never make sense to you

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I also agree that only women should vote on this issue, but it is imperative that it is an informed vote. The government should provide women with detailed explanations of the various abortion procedures, as well as images of fetal sonograms, EKGs, etc. They can have abortionists at community centers around the country explaining these procedures in person, perhaps accompanied by photos so that women can truly understand. Knowledge is power, and Dominican women have been underserved for far too long.
Fair enough?

Last edited by a moderator:

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
You can't be serious. How does child support even come into this for you. Perhaps in your way of thinking no one ever got a divorce that had children.

This is about 3 situations that abortion would be allowed. This is not about using abortion as a birth control method. I will never understand why a bunch of old men still think they have the right to decide what happens to a womans body.

There should have been a 11th commandment, mind your own business.

thank you for proving my point ..
to you A baby is not a person, or even a body ... go it ,. thank you

I rest my case ........ no need to even add anything further

btw, severe MEDICAL issues and the HEALTH of the Mother , etc .. accounts for about 2 % of all Abortions

the rest ( 98 %) are " Choices" . ie Murder .

but do continue to celebrate your Abortions ..
just try not to so blatantly Lie to those of us who know better .

• Love
Reactions: NanSanPedro

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
We've all heard that before. It carries no water. Murdering babies is immoral and still illegal in the DR.

I do agree that there should be an exception if the woman's life is in danger.

And for the RECORD , I agree with this as well ....

but again, this will be 2% or LESS of the Abortion Rate
those stats will not change ..

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I guess what surprises me the most on the discussion of abortion is how so many people refuse to believe women should have the final say over their bodies. Without being sarcastic I don't believe for a second that NSP or JD would not take their daughter to a clinic to end a life threatening pregnancy.

That is what this whole discussion was about . Three exceptions to the abortion law in this country. I just hope you guys don't start bombing hospitals and clinics where these procedures are done. If you want to stand on the highest perch in your neighborhood and tell the world that Melphis is a baby murderer, good for you.

I will keep calm and help the women of the world fight for their rights. My ancestors knuckles quit dragging on the floor centuries ago.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

MarJD

Aug 29, 2012
Not only that, it would be legal and free.

Reactions: melphis

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
This topic always is polarizing. I have edited/deleted most of the worst of it.

Posters on both sides of the issue need to step back, take a deep breath and reduce the rhetoric or this thread will need to be closed.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I guess what surprises me the most on the discussion of abortion is how so many people refuse to believe women should have the final say over their bodies. Without being sarcastic I don't believe for a second that NSP or JD would not take their daughter to a clinic to end a life threatening pregnancy.

That is what this whole discussion was about . Three exceptions to the abortion law in this country. I just hope you guys don't start bombing hospitals and clinics where these procedures are done. If you want to stand on the highest perch in your neighborhood and tell the world that Melphis is a baby murderer, good for you.

I will keep calm and help the women of the world fight for their rights. My ancestors knuckles quit dragging on the floor centuries ago.
I know and have had discussions with many women that are very strongly against Abortion, so it isn't like all women agree on the subject. My first wife, no deceased, was very much against abortions, and she had not a religious bone in her body and worked in a traditionally mans trade. My current wife, a practicing catholic is against abortion on demand, for the three exceptions, and decriminalizing it for the woman that get illegal abortions. My Chinese daughter in law is also against abortions, and says in China anyone can get one anytime they want.

Reactions: jd426

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Thanks Bob. You just made it crystal clear. It's a womans choice. If they want one great. If they don't, good for them. They get to choose. Not religion or politicians or the pro life people. The decision should be made by the woman involved and whoever she brings into her decision making process.