Off resort sankies...I got out in time..list of red flags to watch for

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
The problem

DominicanScotty, Thanks for your post. you don't know how many times i've argued with my american male friends that live in DR about their dominican chicas. most guys feel that b/c they are male, they are expempt from this type of behavior - not true.

In my experience, the chicas do a lot more damage than the male sankies. Men dish out much more money and as long as the sex is good, they keep giving and giving. we don't hear about these stories b/c the men are too proud to talk about it, but it's out there.

as for cbello, you are one of the lucky ones, i'm sure your story will help others. thanks for sharing. good luck!

With sankies is that she sankified some dumb arsed gringo somehow, or someone in her family somehow BSed their way up here and got up into the states. They (the girl's family) didn't come from money so the idea of it being done legitimately is remote. Some sort of hanky panky was played out and you are right. Alot of mem coming down here and getting "boinked" are gladly paying because they are getting their "rocks off". They don't usually talk openly about because well, boys will be boys and we don't talk about such things. LOL. Thats another topic.

The sad thing here is that my friend never visited the DR was never interested in the DR and met this chica through a friend who knew a friend who had a friend who knew her. He still became a victim of this dirty trickery called sankyism. It is a practice being practiced a long time before some capitalist decided to build a hotel in the Dominican Republic. Furthermore, this strange practice IS NOT limited to the Dominican Republic. Sankies come in all shapes sizes, sexes, professions, colors, religions, political believes and ethnic backgrounds.

My friend never saw this sankie thing coming but you can be rest assured. These two predators knew their game plan a long long time before good old Freddie ever met this piece of garbage and her sankie husband.

He never saw this coming, but people that post here and read here do and if they still go off and have this tragedy happen to them then all I can say is. SHAME ON YOU! TOO BAD!

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
With sankies is that she sankified some dumb arsed gringo somehow, or someone in her family somehow BSed their way up here and got up into the states. They (the girl's family) didn't come from money so the idea of it being done legitimately is remote. Some sort of hanky panky was played out and you are right. Alot of mem coming down here and getting "boinked" are gladly paying because they are getting their "rocks off". They don't usually talk openly about because well, boys will be boys and we don't talk about such things. LOL. Thats another topic.

The sad thing here is that my friend never visited the DR was never interested in the DR and met this chica through a friend who knew a friend who had a friend who knew her. He still became a victim of this dirty trickery called sankyism. It is a practice being practiced a long time before some capitalist decided to build a hotel in the Dominican Republic. Furthermore, this strange practice IS NOT limited to the Dominican Republic. Sankies come in all shapes sizes, sexes, professions, colors, religions, political believes and ethnic backgrounds.

My friend never saw this sankie thing coming but you can be rest assured. These two predators knew their game plan a long long time before good old Freddie ever met this piece of garbage and her sankie husband.

He never saw this coming, but people that post here and read here do and if they still go off and have this tragedy happen to them then all I can say is. SHAME ON YOU! TOO BAD!

I agree with ure last statement, and im glad u shared that story just to show that men as well as women get sankified, the outcome of ure story breaks my heart........ most of them belive its all fun and games and this one took it too far but rest assured that KARMA is one of the best pay back ive ever meet!...

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Sankified without even knowing it

I agree with ure last statement, and im glad u shared that story just to show that men as well as women get sankified, the outcome of ure story breaks my heart........ most of them belive its all fun and games and this one took it too far but rest assured that KARMA is one of the best pay back ive ever meet!...

Yes, he was. The sad thing was that he never set foot onto this island, never met a Dominican sankie until one entered his life by walking through his door of his home one day.

cbello

Nov 19, 2004
My Sympathies

DominicanScotty,

I am so sorry to hear about your friend, my heart goes out to you and your friend.

:cry:

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Sankies = scam artists/con man and can be found anywhere.

Yes! Even here in Canada! Of all nationalities. Although I see a lot of Dominican Sankies that have made it through. Guess what? When they get over here, if they are really good sankies, they continue here!!! I see lots of them at the clubs and other places - a lot of the time they aren't with their Canadian wives or husbands!!! Be warned! Local (Canadian) women and men watch out too!

Last edited:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Yes! Even here in Canada! Of all nationalities. Although I see a lot of Dominican Sankies that have made it through. Guess what? When they get over here, if they are really good sankies, they continue here!!! I see lots of them at the clubs and other places - a lot of the time they aren't with their Canadian wives!!! Be warned! Local (Canadian) women watch out too!

This is so true! That is why I don't go out anymore where I live. So many guys asking for your phone number and then keep on calling you and chasing you. So irritating !!!!! :angry: One of them was telling me all of the sankie "BS" I am reading here - that he was going to live with me, marry me, etc. I only knew him for a month!

Juantwo

Jan 22, 2005
Additional information

I have been reading this thread and feel it is important to provide some additional information on the person who originally posted on this thread and on the sankie she is referring to. I have known Cbello for a few years now. I have come to know and appreciate the person she is. I have even met the sankie she is referring to. I met up with both of them while I was on a business trip to the Dominican Republic.

First, let me describe Cbello. For those of you who have read this and imagine her as an emotionally fragile, so so looking overweight and underappreciated person. I have a big surprise for you. As I mentioned I have known her for a few years. She is one of those people that turn heads when she walks down the street. Her grace, charm and elegance always attract A LOT of attention where ever she goes. In addition, she has one of the kindest hearts I have ever seen. She is not conceded and is a very reserved person. She has a combination of looks, smarts and wisdom that make her unique and well appreciated. Some people mistake her being reserved for being shy, this until they cross the line and are face with an assertive, firm but kind woman. She is always courteous with everyone, even the ones that do not really deserve it.

Ever since I have known her she has been working in the high tech sector and I have seen her on more than one occasion holding her own with a bunch of engineers that are full of themselves and try to circumvent best practices or processes. They are rapidly brought back in line and shown the error of their ways.

For all of these reason I felt it was important to describe her. This also shows that sankies, this one in particular, was very good, as dangerous as he was good. He knew just how to work his way in, to get close and to project an image of a really nice person, until he made the error of forgetting about her intelligence and being distracted by her looks. I have followed the entire story, on DR1 and in person and can tell you that all she wrote is true. She was not looking for attention, she doesn?t have to. He saw a target, moved on the prey and there was no way she could have known, he was that good.

Juantwo

Jan 22, 2005
Hindseight is 20/20 vision

At first I was not going to reply to miguel because it was not worth it but decide otherwise. I decided to reply because you seem to be a good example of a person that has very little empathy and very little understanding of human nature. I would also go on a limb saying that you display (at least in the style and tone of what you write) an attitude of someone that has never experienced strong feelings for anyone and would more likely fall much harder for this if it happened to you.

If you had actually seen the United Nations you would know that there are very little red flags, they are multicolored, just like the human race, all sorts and like humans, some flap really loud for nothing.

Knowing both of them, I can definitely say that the red flags you talk about are only visible in hindsight. Nobody, not even the ones that have a very over inflated opinion of themselves (and I am not pointing the finger at anyone, even if some deserve it) would see this coming. When ever you are in a relationship (for those who know) you are always risking being hurt. To commit to someone is to trust them (some do not deserve trust). She was fooled, at least for a while, and only then did the red flags become visible. So please, admit that you are speaking in hindsight, you know how the story ends, don?t say you can see errors in the scenario, yes, everyone sees them now.

The internet of the story is to look at what happened at one person, not a vulnerable one and look at your own situation, not let?s pick holes at the story.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
we are too nice, and they are too slick! there should be some kind of mandatory training video that all tourist see before they enter DR. i'll write to AA.com .

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
Some of these stories are just so full of drama that it's almost unbelieveable! Someone should write a book! Or a telenovela! I am sorry to the victims. Hind sight is always 20/20. :(

cbello

Nov 19, 2004
At first I was not going to reply to miguel because it was not worth it but decide otherwise. I decided to reply because you seem to be a good example of a person that has very little empathy and very little understanding of human nature. I would also go on a limb saying that you display (at least in the style and tone of what you write) an attitude of someone that has never experienced strong feelings for anyone and would more likely fall much harder for this if it happened to you.

If you had actually seen the United Nations you would know that there are very little red flags, they are multicolored, just like the human race, all sorts and like humans, some flap really loud for nothing.

Knowing both of them, I can definitely say that the red flags you talk about are only visible in hindsight. Nobody, not even the ones that have a very over inflated opinion of themselves (and I am not pointing the finger at anyone, even if some deserve it) would see this coming. When ever you are in a relationship (for those who know) you are always risking being hurt. To commit to someone is to trust them (some do not deserve trust). She was fooled, at least for a while, and only then did the red flags become visible. So please, admit that you are speaking in hindsight, you know how the story ends, don?t say you can see errors in the scenario, yes, everyone sees them now.

The internet of the story is to look at what happened at one person, not a vulnerable one and look at your own situation, not let?s pick holes at the story.

Juantwo:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Miguel:

Why don't you get back on your motoconcho and let the grown ups talk.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
This is an interesting thread, please don't digress!

I'm not the moderator, but I'd like to see more on the topic of this thread rather than personal attacks.

If the OP or others can share any info that will educate others...I wouldn't want anyone to be discouraged to post their experiences.

Juantwo

Jan 22, 2005
Interesting start. Do you really think so highly of yourself and your capabilities as a writer as to not detect a writing style that starts by ?I was not going to reply but?.. ?. Guess you are easier to catch than I even hoped for.

You even fall further and contradict yourself, and this in the span of two paragraphs. You disagree and go on to prove my point. You seem to respond just for the sake of responding, no thought, just words, proving that what ever little credibility you had to start with ?has left the building?. You would have everyone behave like robots, cold and rational. Are your own circuits all in working order, looks like you fried a few more transistors than you thought. Must bee all those gamma radiations from standing too close to your screen all day.

If you remember, way back, if at all, when you fell in love (or lust, probably more accurate for you), you fell in love with a person you barely knew (unless you suffer from the Oedip complex, wouldn?t surprise me). Its part of life?s mystery, discovering that you are not alone and discovering more about others. You do not have to complete very high level education to learn about human nature and human attraction. I am sorry to disappoint you but most ?normal? people start by meeting people that are strangers at first, then they learn to know them. If you are faced with a highly motivated imposter, there are chances you might get thrown for a loop and loose sight of how careful you have to be and cut short to some important steps. We should always remember that a relationship is always a gamble, except here some are cheaters.

In any case you can argue until you are blue in the face, will not change the fact that, despite what ever you might think, people do not behave like you would have them (or else we would not be reading so many similar situations on this forum and others). I thank god that the majority of people do not display your arrogance towards others and, not like you, consider that there might be mitigating circumstances, not just be hard nosed.

Robin'sGirl

Jul 10, 2006
No way!

It goes both ways.

I knew a guy from NY who met a girl in the DR while on vacation. A very intelligent guy, for that matter. They fall "in love" and get married. It didn't matter to him that she was a player. He was blind.

He spends a ridiculous amount of time and money fighting to get her a visa.

Finally, the big day arrives. She's got her visa, and he's come to get her to take her to the states.

They land at JFK, and her Dominican boyfriend is waiting for them at the gate.

Picks up her bags, says "sorry", and walks away with her boyfriend.

That is just frigging wrong. What happened afterwards? Is your friend ok?

Juantwo

Jan 22, 2005
Real intentions to start.

My last post for now.

After reading Cbello?s comment I can only think of apologizing to her and to AnnaC. Cbello shared an experience, AnnaC tried to keep the focus on the originating intent which was sharing a story and the lessons learned, and because she seems to be absent this has degenerated into god-knows-what. My apology is for not sticking to the original subject.

I would also like to reset the thread to it?s original intent. This thread was done to share an experience, say what happened and this is what it should be.

So please those of you who can?t resist trying to figure out who was responsible for what and to what extent, resist your urges, find another thread to post, some people might learn from what is being discussed here, not you, obviously. Your flagrant display of bitterness and arrogance bring absolutely nothing to the thread and if anything discourage people that might have something genuine to say from participating because they do not want to be bashed just because they do not share your views.

So PLEASE, you know yourselves, (after all you are on most threads and bash anything that moves) PLEASE do like I will do and STAY AWAY, leave room for the people who have something to contribute and can learn.

Robin'sGirl

Jul 10, 2006
Being a New Yorker myself I understand what you're getting at JD lol...
But I think their is a lesson to be learned in your friend's situation. Nothing is promised and their is always a chance things could go really wrong. The thing to do is to pick yourself up (after a while) and carry the hell on with your life. Somebody said something about karma earlier in the thread. Puta girl and her Sankie will get theirs in the end.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Sankies do what they do best

Yes! Even here in Canada! Of all nationalities. Although I see a lot of Dominican Sankies that have made it through. Guess what? When they get over here, if they are really good sankies, they continue here!!! I see lots of them at the clubs and other places - a lot of the time they aren't with their Canadian wives or husbands!!! Be warned! Local (Canadian) women and men watch out too!

Doesn't matter if it is Oh Canada, So-sewer, Puta Chica, Puto Cana, the states, Europe or Tin Buk Tu. Sankies will continue to to do the only thing they ever cared to know. Instead of school they already knew what they were going to do. A craft taught to them by others where ever they are from.

Smooth talking broken Spanglish in some seductive monotone like some trash talking rap star... Boinking gringas on the away field? Why the heck not? Western Union works just fine from one Canadian town to another. Maybe even their own ATM card? No more having to call their silly host? Shacking up with numerous concubines at the same time?

Man, if these guys could incorporate their scheme they could become tycoons.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
At least she said she was sorry

It goes both ways.

I knew a guy from NY who met a girl in the DR while on vacation. A very intelligent guy, for that matter. They fall "in love" and get married. It didn't matter to him that she was a player. He was blind.

He spends a ridiculous amount of time and money fighting to get her a visa.

Finally, the big day arrives. She's got her visa, and he's come to get her to take her to the states.

They land at JFK, and her Dominican boyfriend is waiting for them at the gate.

Picks up her bags, says "sorry", and walks away with her boyfriend.

Gotta admit, that was nice of her to just dump him right then and there. Even though she still did what she did. It's business that's all it is. Business to them. Actually the guy got off easy. She could have pulled this game on him for quite some time. Keeping her Dominican man hidden just like they do back on the island. The damage could have been far worse.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
I mentioned that to Anna

we are too nice, and they are too slick! there should be some kind of mandatory training video that all tourist see before they enter DR. i'll write to AA.com .

Funny you raise that point which is a good one. At least include a leaflet, not that anyone will ever read it. The old "That stuff doesn't happen to me" attitude. Same as people that never watch the airplane evacuation video.

It is a nice idea but would never fly.

Last edited:

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Two heads are not always better

He's a New Yorker, what do you expect? (I'll get hit for that one, I bet!)

He was pretty torn up for a few weeks. He ended up getting the marriage annulled. He was back in the DR within a few weeks looking for his next sweetheart.

We told him from the getgo that she wasn't worth it. She was a "de cortina" hooker, for petes sake. Not even that good looking. But man, he was nuts about her.

He always said she'd never know what she was missing... LOL

It just goes to show, some people get over it faster than others, and move on with their lives.

Unfortunate but true. God only gave man enough blood to run one head at a time.

LOL

I saw that at a massage palor and wrote it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.