On the way to e-pesos/E-Money in the DR

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
"
Heck, the government is trying to get businesses to install some blasted cash registers so that businesses will turn over to the government all of the taxes that they charge people, and businesses are shooting themselves in the foot by calling for strikes.
Imagine what would happen if the government tried to impose this: riots, burning tires, and who knows what else.

The idea will work for the folks who shop at Agora Mall, but it will never fly with the majority of the population.

(And I am not knocking Agora Mall, as I love to go there for the food court.)[/QUOTE]

Puryear,

You have it exactly backwards. It is government that is shooting itself in the foot by extorting businesses and soon the population for excessive taxes. Where does this tax money goe pray tell ??

-corrurption, salaries, for bloated government - i.e.theft
- social services ?? - I dont think so.

The only hope for a place like the DR is that there is thriving small and medium size business sector - and the idiot politicians and bureacrats seem intent on tryng to kill them off before they can get going.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
mobile banking applications have been around for a while, i have seen them in europe. yet, unimaginably, people are still using paper money. off with their heads!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
mobile banking applications have been around for a while, i have seen them in europe. yet, unimaginably, people are still using paper money. off with their heads!

how will i pay for my agua de coco?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It's Just Posted, BECAUSE, "PICHARDO" Has a New Client!!!

Sooooooooooo, he "SPAMS" the website on to DR1!!!
Nice to see how nearly everyone who posted knows the "Pee Man's" ..."MO" by now!!!!
"P",...."WHAT"???????????????????????????
No "Pretty Pictures" of the "APP."??????
With the peso falling faster than a "Boca Chica Hooker's Panties",:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, I hope the "exchange" takes place at the speed of light!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Sooooooooooo, he "SPAMS" the website on to DR1!!!
Nice to see how nearly everyone who posted knows the "Pee Man's" ..."MO" by now!!!!
"P",...."WHAT"???????????????????????????
No "Pretty Pictures" of the "APP."??????
With the peso falling faster than a "Boca Chica Hooker's Panties",:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, I hope the "exchange" takes place at the speed of light!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I just heard they are going to be testing out eCurrency for the chicas, they are still working on the "reader" to swipe your card.

Stop picking on PICHARDO, he is a fun read, better than reading Detras El Rumor, for a change!

Jan 9, 2004

Exactly!

They have been in the USA for awhile as well. Yet no one is running to embrace the technology here.....it is rather a slow pace.

Maybe because its new technology, maybe because people have fears that their money will disappear into a black hole, or that the government will at some point at the stroke of a key freeze or worse, confiscate their money. Whatever those reasons are, real or imagined, the pace to adopt the technology has not developed as rapidly as the technology itself, and the DR is still a long way from successfully implementing it.

Let me use an old example to further clarify the reluctance of the consumer to adopt a mobile banking platform. Wire transfers between banks have been around for a long long time. Yet every time you make a wire transfer there is an element of risk.

When your wire leaves your bank it is in no mans land, it is not guaranteed nor insured, and until it is verified by the receiving bank it is susceptible to lots of things banks don't like to publicly discuss, the most prominient being cyberhacking.

And while most dominicans may not have a bank account, let alone wire transfer funds, my bet is they feel a whole lot safer with what little money they may have, being under their control.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And this at a time when even DR Issued credit cards used in the DR cannot be trusted. I have personal experience with that issue.

Who will trust such a cashless system in the DR?

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
"I will gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today" Despues t(e)-pago con M(i)-Pesos por la compra de hoy; or something along that line. The DR government should perhaps make use of technology to try and secure its border.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
"I will gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today" Despues t(e)-pago con M(i)-Pesos por la compra de hoy; or something along that line. The DR government should perhaps make use of technology to try and secure its border.

or to figure out the complex mysteries of electricity.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
How would it be a good thing if the DR government, or any government can decide if people can or cannot buy because they are illegal, maybe didn't pay their traffic fine, maybe think different than the government on certain topics?

One of the reasons I doubt going back to Europe is the big brother state they are apparently forming. One of the few good things DR still has is that there is no overly control on everything you do. (and I am a law abiding citizen). Once in Holland I received a letter from a province I don't even reside in, telling me that they noticed I use a certain highway (no toll, only apparent camera registration) regularly and that since they will be working on that highway they wanted to pay me for not using it (taking a different longer route).

Even though I have no secrets I felt uneasy that somewhere someone does exactly know where I go, at what time, in what car, etc.

(am I going off topic?)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
well, mauricio, all i know is that i need to be paid for driving on those crappy roads here. someone better forks out the costs of maintaining my car after all those holes, bumps and gutters.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
well, mauricio, all i know is that i need to be paid for driving on those crappy roads here. someone better forks out the costs of maintaining my car after all those holes, bumps and gutters.
Yeah, on my way now to pick up my car after having the 'tren delantero' fixed.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
How would it be a good thing if the DR government, or any government can decide if people can or cannot buy because they are illegal, maybe didn't pay their traffic fine, maybe think different than the government on certain topics?

One of the reasons I doubt going back to Europe is the big brother state they are apparently forming. One of the few good things DR still has is that there is no overly control on everything you do. (and I am a law abiding citizen). Once in Holland I received a letter from a province I don't even reside in, telling me that they noticed I use a certain highway (no toll, only apparent camera registration) regularly and that since they will be working on that highway they wanted to pay me for not using it (taking a different longer route).

Even though I have no secrets I felt uneasy that somewhere someone does exactly know where I go, at what time, in what car, etc.

(am I going off topic?)

Maurico, unfortunately this will be happening around the world, eventually. It's called surveillance
and there will be no where to hide. The government will know everybody's business.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My money has been disappearing into "Black Holes" for over 50 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
and, WORTH every PENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS,.....and,"YES", EVERY POST does HAVE To be about SEX for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When I was working ina hospital here in SD, the prestamista had about 100 atm cards from the employees.
Even the upper level manages had "Loans" with the guy!
They sent the housekeepers to get the money that they got back from the prestamista AFTER he took out his cut, so that no one would know they had loans.
EVERYONE knew anyway, a Dominican and their secrets are soon parted!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC