On the way to e-pesos/E-Money in the DR

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I have and use T-Pago regularly, mainly to pay phone and electric bills, the movies, and recharge cel phone accounts.

I find it aggravating the bank charges you for every transaction you effect on T-Pago. I suppose it is easier that standing in line to make a payment.

As far as the new service is concerned, I don't see how it will work. Dominicans typically do not leave their money in the bank, even when they are paid electronically. As soon as their funds are available, they are at a ATH pulling out everything. They think if they leave it there, the bank will make it disappear.

Worse, tons of them get loans from prestamistas, in return for their ATH card. The prestamista pulls out all of the money, takes their payment, and gives what is left over to the employee.

Every payday, I see the prestamistas with dozens upon dozens of cards, each with the pin written on the back.

So, between the folks that work in the informal economy, and the folks that give up their cards, how many are left to use this wonderful new program, which I'm sure will also charge a fee for each transaction?

In the U.S. this is repeated every month with cards called EBT...

Once the cash currency is removed the action will cease 100%...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What does what happens in the USA have to do with this thread?????
"OH'!, I forgot, YOU LIVE In The USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, you must have thought you were still posting about the DR, on "USA1"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
In the U.S. this is repeated every month with cards called EBT...

Once the cash currency is removed the action will cease 100%...

PICHARDO, maybe the DR should embark upon less ambitious exertions, like computerizing the registrations of cars. you need to learn to crawl before you try to be Usain Bolt.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
What does what happens in the USA have to do with this thread?????
"OH'!, I forgot, YOU LIVE In The USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, you must have thought you were still posting about the DR, on "USA1"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a matter of fact I'm posting this from Ontario, Canada! (Brrrrrr Cold here!)

SO much for living in the USA!

I use a service that allows me to pin my IP address from my server in Florida, so that I can get unrestricted access to sites of biz to which I must remain in contact with there no matter where I'm in the world. Just about a month ago I was in Jarabacoa, inspecting a hut's construction whilst sipping a Presidente bien fria!

The difference between you (as well as some others) and me, is that I can opine and speak about more than one country's economy and situations because I'm always in more than one country give or take a few weeks or months!

This is something I have declare more than once here on the forums, but like much everything else (including the DR) you're clueless about and continue with your unhinged innuendos.

Not that I care much about them anyhow! Bwahahaha!

But keep trying! LOL!!!

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
PICHARDO, maybe the DR should embark upon less ambitious exertions, like computerizing the registrations of cars. you need to learn to crawl before you try to be Usain Bolt.

The registration of vehicles in the DR is already computerized, the problem lies in that each system used by the gov as now was not able to communicate with other systems. All that is changing, as money is invested to update each of those gov entities and create a central data system for sharing.

The key here is the way money comes about and when it's allocated by gov. A slow process.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
The registration of vehicles in the DR is already computerized, the problem lies in that each system used by the gov as now was not able to communicate with other systems. All that is changing, as money is invested to update each of those gov entities and create a central data system for sharing.

The key here is the way money comes about and when it's allocated by gov. A slow process.

You should define this slow process.....more like its a slow process to get to where it NEEDS to go, but its in the politicos pocket faster than Oprah on a baked ham......bahwawawa

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
You live in Ontario now???????
"Eh"?

I have huts all over the place!

When you're poor like me, cardboard boxes come in handy when travelling to different countries on short notice!

I live out of a suitcase and a spare tube of toothpaste...

Wish I could live like you and your comforts!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i showed this thread to miesposo who asked me to post something. bear with me because it is all in spanish and i am too lazy to translate. but pichi will understand :)

Estimado Sr. Pichardo,
La forma en la cual usted se dirige a la poblacion dominicana en el uso del dinero digital, en este caso refiriendoce a M-Pesos le puedo decir que quizas un por ciento alto de los que tienen dinero en cuentas bancarias en un principio lo use por la novedad y pore star a la “moda”.

Antes de seguir hablando del tema se me olvidaba agregar que la mayor cantidad de la poblacion en nuestro pais tiene sueldos de lujos y mansions con varios sirvientes para que le ayuden a vivir su vida. En ningun momento en este pais se ven asaltos y a la seguridad ciudadana esta mejor que en paises desarrollados como Suiza donde nada de lo que se ve aqui sucede.

Retomando el tema quiero agregar que cuando pase la moda (moda es algo que esta de momento que luego y no se vuelve hablar del tema), luego de que esto suceda el rotundo exito de la operacion se vera con el paciente muerto apenas dando topetazos de vida para decir que aun esta vivo. Perdon, olvidaba que estaba en Suiza donde esto no sucede.

En dado caso que no me entienda a que me refiero, se le voy a poner de manera simple. Este proyecto terminara con muchas personas enganchadas, adeudadas y dando pena si se implementa un sistema pos-pago. Caramba se me olvidaba que estaba en Suiza donde nada de esto sucede.

Para concluir yo invito al Sr. Pichardo a que pase y venga a vivir en su pais Suizo (Republica Dominicana) y se muda a las mejor urbanizaciones de este pais (Guachupita, Capotillo, entre otras) para que de esta manera aproveche su realidad Suiza………. (Dominicana)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"dv", just who does "Su Esposo" think he IS?????
After all he still LIVES in the DR!
What does he know about the DR?
He is a business man here in the DR.
He interacts with other Dominicans here in the DR everyday.
He reads Dominican newspapers everyday.
He watches Dominican TV everyday.
He listens to Dominican radio stations everyday.
He shops in Dominican shops everyday.
How can he possibly think he knows more about the country of his birth, where he has lived for decades, than a guy who lives in Orlando Florida????????????????????????
"Oh", and now "Ontario Canada", and various other world cities, according to him.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And to add to the incredulity, since when does a company offering a service become a mandate that all must use such a service? In a totalitarian society, perhaps.