Pecan pie and pumpkin Pie

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I just got back from BRAVO. When I was walking through I came across one of the employees stacking Pecan Pies and Pumpkin pies in the butter section.
The manufacturer is called Table Top located in Worcester, Ma.
Didn't get the price, but it's an omen that the guy started putting them on the shelves just as I was passing.
He also had a bunch of small one-serving round pies from the same place, with lemon, pumpkin, cherry, pineapple, blueberry flavors and a couple more I don't remember.
If you're near a BRAVO, go check them out.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I just got back from BRAVO. When I was walking through I came across one of the employees stacking Pecan Pies and Pumpkin pies in the butter section.
Didn't get the price, but it's an omen that the guy started putting them on the shelves just as I was passing.
He also had a bunch of small one-serving round pies from the same place, with lemon, pumpkin, cherry, pineapple, blueberry flavors and a couple more I don't remember.
I just came from Bravo in San Isidro and didn't notice them, but then I wasn't looking. It's a good thing too, as I would have bought out their blueberry pies. Then the pumpkin, then the whipped cream.

Reactions: cavok

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Table Top has been around with those single potion pies since I was in grade school. lol

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I just came from Bravo in San Isidro and didn't notice them, but then I wasn't looking. It's a good thing too, as I would have bought out their blueberry pies. Then the pumpkin, then the whipped cream.
Great minds think alike! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Table Top has been around with those single potion pies since I was in grade school. lol
Never heard of them, never seen them, and haven't had either in over 10 years. That will be resolved shortly.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro
Jan 9, 2004
I grew up with the brand and went to school with members of the family that started the business.

The only question would seem to be the amount of preservatives used to insure a stable shelf life from production to distribution in the DR. As a kid those nickel pies were local, delicious and fresh.

Did you happen to notice any sell by/freshest by dates on the packages?

The company currently ships all around the US and into Canada.................but the DR comes as quite a surprise................although on the flip side I have seen Induveca salami and other DR branded foods sold here in the US.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Aug 21, 2007
As a simple alternative, PriceSmart currently has frozen pie crusts. 6 per box. I bought 6 boxes, hoping they would last me until next year. After PriceSmart I went to Nacionale and bought cans of a variety of pie fillers, pumpkin, cherry, apple, blueberry. Then I doctor it all up and have great desserts.

I also make meat pies with the pie crusts.

Worth the investment and freezer space.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
surprise................although on the flip side I have seen Induveca salami and other DR branded foods sold here in the US.
The induveca salami sold in the US is a different level of quality. It's actually tasty. The FDA would never approve the colmado salami sold here. A silicon paste emulsion of random liquefied "meats" and pieces of bone, ligament and tendon.

Reactions: RDKNIGHT

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
As a simple alternative, PriceSmart currently has frozen pie crusts. 6 per box. I bought 6 boxes, hoping they would last me until next year. After PriceSmart I went to Nacionale and bought cans of a variety of pie fillers, pumpkin, cherry, apple, blueberry. Then I doctor it all up and have great desserts.

I also make meat pies with the pie crusts.

Worth the investment and freezer space.
I just buy freshly baked goods here in Cab. Belgium Bakery, Dicks, and a great baker next to my house. The day of Sarah Lee pies and Entenmanns are over. This bit is very funny, I'll leave it here for member entertainment

• Haha
Reactions: cavok and AlterEgo

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
The day of Sarah Lee pies and Entenmanns are over. t

Why is that 'they are over'? I've been coming here to POP since 1988. The National, in Santiago at that time
was the only source od Entermans. (If you will permi an aside, I spoke with the guy stacking the Enterman shelves:
he told me he had come down in 1965 with th US military, liked it so much that he stayed.)
I can't find anything decent in baked goods here in POP, or in STO. Can anyone recommend a decent backery in POP????

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I grew up with the brand and went to school with members of the family that started the business.

The only question would seem to be the amount of preservatives used to insure a stable shelf life from production to distribution in the DR. As a kid those nickel pies were local, delicious and fresh.

Did you happen to notice any sell by/freshest by dates on the packages?

The company currently ships all around the US and into Canada.................but the DR comes as quite a surprise................although on the flip side I have seen Induveca salami and other DR branded foods sold here in the US.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
They contain preservatives, and I think it has a "sell by" stamp, but not a label added later with the ingredients in Spanish.

I suspect this may be a Christmas Holidays move on BRAVO's part and they'll probably disappear soon. They sure are good, I know.

The small ones have a "store at room temperature" stamp; I wonder if they can be frozen? It would be nice to throw a few in the freezer.

Jan 9, 2004
They contain preservatives, and I think it has a "sell by" stamp, but not a label added later with the ingredients in Spanish.

I suspect this may be a Christmas Holidays move on BRAVO's part and they'll probably disappear soon. They sure are good, I know.

The small ones have a "store at room temperature" stamp; I wonder if they can be frozen? It would be nice to throw a few in the freezer.
FYI, I am told they will keep in the freezer for several months.

Never had the need to worry about that here as they are/were fresh baked daily and offered in their outlet store next to the bakery.

Great pies but I would be a little concerned about their ability to maintain freshness during transit to the DR.

Guess you will have to volunteer to be the DR1 taste tester......

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
It's Table Talk, guys. I was always so jealous of the kids who got them in their lunch boxes. Interesting that they're coming to the DR. Worcester must really be on an upswing.

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
got a decent frozen pecan pie made by Edwards at Pricesmart last week,
It's Table Talk, guys. I was always so jealous of the kids who got them in their lunch boxes. Interesting that they're coming to the DR. Worcester must really be on an upswing.
hahaha, 'wistah' on an upswing?

• Haha
Jan 9, 2004

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
OK, I'm calling time out on these. It's just been too long since I've had any sort of pie and these are just too good to ignore.

It's been less than a day and I've already tried every one I bought and keep going back to try them again. I just don't have the
willpower to let them sit unmolested.

They've all gone in the freezer to see if that makes me think twice before I have another piece.

That must be why I live in this country in the first place - to not be tempted by stuff like this. They sure are good though.

• Haha
Reactions: AlaPlaya