Pecan pie and pumpkin Pie

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I've never seen or heard of them before(?). Growing up in Philly it was Tastykake cakes and pies. Never saw them in Florida either.

Okay, so I’m not the only deprived one here. Never heard of them. Didn’t realize you’re a Philly boy. I’m having surgery at Penn next week. Tastykake in NYC and LI too. Hostess. And Entenmanns of course.

Reactions: colmcb and cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Okay, so I’m not the only deprived one here. Never heard of them. Didn’t realize you’re a Philly boy. I’m having surgery at Penn next week. Tastykake in NYC and LI too. Hostess. And Entenmanns of course.
The Table Top pies look great. I hope they catch on here and that Playero has them soon. Who doesn't like pumpkin and pecan pies?

Reactions: JD Jones

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Tasty cake omg. The peanut butter Kandy cakes. Butterscotch krimpets.
We only had hostess pies when I was a kid. My fav was cherry and blueberry.

Adding when I was a teen we always had a box of entenmanns pop ums chocolate frosted and some insane invention called a raspberry cheese danish swirl?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Adding when I was a teen we always had a box of entenmanns pop ums chocolate frosted and some insane invention called a raspberry cheese danish swirl?

You know Hostess is still around, right? Jumbo and I think Nacional both have quite a few of their products, but not the pies.

By the way, there should be a law against the Table Talk Blueberry and Cherry pies.

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
The induveca salami sold in the US is a different level of quality. It's actually tasty. The FDA would never approve the colmado salami sold here. A silicon paste emulsion of random liquefied "meats" and pieces of bone, ligament and tendon.
don't forget the lips, beaks, and a-holes

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
don't forget about Sara Lee pound cake Frozen with the scoop of ice cream with Grandma special

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

These?

61pcgyCIH0L._SL1000_.jpg
00072030008097_CL__JPEG_3.jpg

JUMBO frequently has their Chocolate Eclairs, but I know better than to buy them.

• Wow
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
don't forget about Sara Lee pound cake Frozen with the scoop of ice cream with Grandma special

We used to cut thick slices of that, then stick a knife through the side and toast/roast it over the flame on a gas stove like a marshmallow. OMG I can almost taste it.

JD, see what you started with your pies????

Jan 9, 2004
wustah?, try 'wistah'
I understand some in the north county want to refer to it that way, but to me it will always be Wustah;

and sometimes referred to in self deprecating style as the "Paris of the 80's" or just "Wormtown."

Either way..............Table Talk is from here...........and glad to see those in the DR can now enjoy those delicious pies.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I still have a pecan and pumpkin pie in the fridge so I think I'm going to go back today and grab 3 or 4 each of the cherry and blueberry mini pies.
Hopefully, the next time I go they'll be gone and I can get back to my diet.

• Haha
Reactions: AlterEgo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I still have a pecan and pumpkin pie in the fridge so I think I'm going to go back today and grab 3 or 4 each of the cherry and blueberry mini pies.
Hopefully, the next time I go they'll be gone and I can get back to my diet.

Is that the seafood diet?? We see food and…..

• Haha

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
They contain preservatives, and I think it has a "sell by" stamp, but not a label added later with the ingredients in Spanish.

I suspect this may be a Christmas Holidays move on BRAVO's part and they'll probably disappear soon. They sure are good, I know.

The small ones have a "store at room temperature" stamp; I wonder if they can be frozen? It would be nice to throw a few in the freezer.
Remember Hostess twinkes ?... never had a sell by date...if you happen to find one from 15 years ago, probably good to go......

Reactions: NanSanPedro

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
You know Hostess is still around, right? Jumbo and I think Nacional both have quite a few of their products, but not the pies.

By the way, there should be a law against the Table Talk Blueberry and Cherry pies.
I was shocked to see one of these in Janet's a while back:

1701286351617.png