Pedro Clisante Barrier

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
What a gong show. They want us to believe that they can rebrand the whole town and yet they cannot agree on wether to open or close a damn gate.
Holy cow, that is the most insightful post I have heard in months. Including mine, hahah
Well said!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oct 11, 2010
343gefb.jpg

Last night about 9:00 a Policia Nacional car parked across the western entrance to Pedro Clisante where the barrier was vandalized and removed. No traffic was permitted to enter at this point. The other two barriers were left open. I don't know how long the PN car remained blocking that entrance to PC. The photo above is looking west on PC.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Friday night @ 9pm. Wow, did you ask all the people to get out of the way for you could take the picture?

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
343gefb.jpg

Last night about 9:00 a Policia Nacional car parked across the western entrance to Pedro Clisante where the barrier was vandalized and removed. No traffic was permitted to enter at this point. The other two barriers were left open. I don't know how long the PN car remained blocking that entrance to PC. The photo above is looking west on PC.

Looks like a ghost town.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I Posted recently that I was told by a Reliable Person that Some nights
you could Roll a BOWLING Ball down Pedro C at night
and Hit NO ONE..

And I was Ridiculed and called a Liar.

Can I have an Apology now please ??

This is even worse than I imagined.. this has to be a Movie set or something.

Oct 11, 2010
That photo was looking west, the eastern end of PC was very crowded. I was planning on eating at Bourbon Street Grill and they did not have one table available, it was completely full. All of the businesses from Merengue Bar up to the eastern "barrier" were fairly crowded.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
This weekend may be an exception. I am in Cabarete right now and see that the world MaiTai kite boarding championship has been on all week, ends today I believe. Tons of big buses dropping people off and lots of kites on the beach. Maybe some of this spectator traffic spills over to Sosua, not sure.

I Posted recently that I was told by a Reliable Person that Some nights
you could Roll a BOWLING Ball down Pedro C at night
and Hit NO ONE..

And I was Ridiculed and called a Liar.

Can I have an Apology now please ??

This is even worse than I imagined.. this has to be a Movie set or something.

If the person took a pic the other way i bet it would not be a ghost town! I drive past there nightly and it is no ghost town.
The places in the pic are all mostly closed at the moment so ya, no one around there...

Irie

Aug 15, 2014
Just walking down PC this morning and the east gate is now dismantled (by the taxi stand). It also looks like they've been 'working on the south gate.

Oct 11, 2010
Last night there were police (CESTUR & PN) vehicles blocking BOTH the east and west "entrances" where the gates were vandalized. The only thing that saved the south gate so far is the night watchman for Sunset Plaza, at least according to him.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Street was pretty much closed to all vehicles last night, police cars at each end, and well, quite empty of everything really.....

it looks to me even cats and dogs are avoiding downtown these days !