Perla Sosua: Where is Brent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
To the OP, since you are a friend of the missing person you need to alert the embassy and the
police that he was last seen with that woman as she would be a prime suspect. He was last
seen with her and she needs to be interrogated.

Sorry to hear this bad news about your friend and I hope and pray that he can be found.

The original poster did say that the police and the embassy was notified.

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
Listen guys, I like a laugh as much as the next person but I don't think this is a laughing matter and sooner or later his family may be reading this thread!

Although I am no longer living in DR I would hope there are enough expats on the North Coast to push a police investigation beyond that reported by brentjustice. It is not uncommon for gringos to disappear only to show up later with a dubious story to tell. I have done business with Lewis in the past, never met him in person. On its face it doesn't seem likely that a man with several ongoing concerns would fall into a "cabana hiatus".

Please push the police a little.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Listen guys, I like a laugh as much as the next person but I don't think this is a laughing matter and sooner or later his family may be reading this thread!

All we know is a fully grown man has not been seen for a while. This is not so unusual in reality is it.
On the other hand there is more than meets the eye. The OP writes very convincingly, 'never been seen alive again', this other guy seen driving his van, are we sure, who said they saw this, or did they see him in a white van and concluded? These two made him vanish? How does the OP know all this?
I'd be very surprised if someone was stupid enough to leave work with someone who was known to have issues with her boyfriend, meet up with boyfriend, and then kill him. She returns to work a while later, and then he is seen in the van of a guy he just killed, the same van that he is known to have slashed the tyres of recently after issues with the guy he is being assumed of murdering (or making vanish).

Come on FGS, somethings more than not quite right about all this, in more ways than one.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Although I am no longer living in DR I would hope there are enough expats on the North Coast to push a police investigation beyond that reported by brentjustice. It is not uncommon for gringos to disappear only to show up later with a dubious story to tell. I have done business with Lewis in the past, never met him in person. On its face it doesn't seem likely that a man with several ongoing concerns would fall into a "cabana hiatus".

Please push the police a little.

I get what you're saying but unless he or someone connected with him has political connections. There is no way unless "Propina" is given to nudge the police. You should know that if you lived in the DR for any amount of time....Sad but true. Only hope is that his friends/family make contact with the embassy. But the original poster said they were already made aware if his situation. Only option at this point is to hurry up and wait. I for one hope it turns out with a positive outcome.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
brentjustice, I cannot send you a Private Message because you have too few posts.

Because of the accusations being made in your original post, DR1 requires that you identify yourself with your full name, address and phone number - here in a public post.

If this is not done within a reasonable amount of time today, this thread will be unapproved/invisible.

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
Hug, come on. Everyone knows that Dominican common sense dictates that when the rich gringo isn't around then employees, novias and their chulos are free to use the rich gringo's stuff... out of sight, out of mind. That's capitalism at work, at least on some island nations!

The employee obviously knows the gringo isn't around. Who in the world would tell a "rich" gringo that someone else was driving his vehicle? That doesn't make Dominican sense. If it's a case of a gringo gone away for a while and the employee sharing her "wealth" with her boyfriend than time will flesh that out.

Dominican common sense is based upon sheer ignorance of paper trails, eyewitness accounts, and repeating "it wasn't me" over, and over, and over again regardless of contrary evidence presented. How many girls living in DR would you suppose even know that real estate transactions have a paper trail, or even care about that?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
This is not the way that the OP is trying to sell this thread, it is aggressively pointed towards something very much more serious than someone gone out of the country. If this guy has just gone out of the country then that would be fine, someone just using his stuff.
We do not know this info comes from a Dom, infact more so likely an ex pat as no one in their right mind takes the words of heresay seriously from and Dom. Plenty expats in that area, no guy would be driving around expecting not to be seen. It's ridiculous, even for fairyland Dominiland stuff we hear.

The OP seems to have made up 'her' mind (it comes across as a female to me for some reason) that these two are involved in something nasty. And so why not at the police station with this information rather than on DR1 speculating anonymously?

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
Hug, you are right, there is a lot we don't know. I hope the OP identifying himself (or herself) to the moderator will be enough to keep the thread alive. Perhaps the OP has details we haven't been made aware of...after all, the boyfriend of the employee is a gringo and can read these posts... why would the OP risk retribution?

The truth will come out eventually. I'm leaning towards Mr. Lewis being off island. Knowing the way Lewis does business room bookings will dwindle if he is truly missing.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Wow! This is a bit of a shocker to wake up and hear about this morning. I know Geraldine. She has been a friend of mine for
about 2 years now. I haven't spoken to her as much since moving down here to Santo Domingo in July. I am going to email
her the link to this forum as soon as I am done posting and perhaps she will take the time to respond to some of these
comments. I'm pretty sure she's a member on DR1. I have met Brent once about a year ago. Just seemed like a regular
guy trying to eek out a living in Sosua.

I've never met the Frankie fellow although I do remember hearing the name while living in Sosua.
When I heard the name Fixit, I assumed he was doing some type of computer repair or maybe a specialty service.
I know Geraldine was dating an American guy earlier this year but I don't remember his name being Frankie.
Geraldine has never given me any reason to think she would be involved with anyone who is out doing shady things
or involved in criminal activity. She is a vey hard working
person with a good education. Her mother is a highly respected director of a well known institution on the north coast.
She is from a well to do family and has no reason to be involved with shady dealings on any level.

I understand people are worried and upset with the fact Brent hasn't been seen or heard from since Nov3. I hope
he is ok and is able to shed some light on all of this. I am not standing up for Geraldine on this forum. All I am saying is, for
as long as I have known her she has been a very straight forward hard working person who has never done or said anything
to me or anyone I know to make me think she would have a hand in someone else's disappearance.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Wow! This is a bit of a shocker to wake up and hear about this morning. I know Geraldine. She has been a friend of mine for
about 2 years now. I haven't spoken to her as much since moving down here to Santo Domingo in July. I am going to email
her the link to this forum as soon as I am done posting and perhaps she will take the time to respond to some of these
comments. I'm pretty sure she's a member on DR1. I have met Brent once about a year ago. Just seemed like a regular
guy trying to eek out a living in Sosua.

I've never met the Frankie fellow although I do remember hearing the name while living in Sosua.
When I heard the name Fixit, I assumed he was doing some type of computer repair or maybe a specialty service.
I know Geraldine was dating an American guy earlier this year but I don't remember his name being Frankie.
Geraldine has never given me any reason to think she would be involved with anyone who is out doing shady things
or involved in criminal activity. She is a vey hard working
person with a good education. Her mother is a highly respected director of a well known institution on the north coast.
She is from a well to do family and has no reason to be involved with shady dealings on any level.

I understand people are worried and upset with the fact Brent hasn't been seen or heard from since Nov3. I hope
he is ok and is able to shed some light on all of this. I am not standing up for Geraldine on this forum. All I am saying is, for
as long as I have known her she has been a very straight forward hard working person who has never done or said anything
to me or anyone I know to make me think she would have a hand in someone else's disappearance.

well to do and shady dealings are not mutually exclusive. just ask Bernie Madoff.

brentjustice, I cannot send you a Private Message because you have too few posts.

Because of the accusations being made in your original post, DR1 requires that you identify yourself with your full name, address and phone number - here in a public post.

If this is not done within a reasonable amount of time today, this thread will be unapproved/invisible.

Done....

Now when this guy sends either of us a message, with his full name, address and phone number, we will make a decision as to approved his posts.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If the missing person left the DR via the airport, then DR immigration and his embassy would know as his passport would have been swiped.

oasis17

May 12, 2014
Perla de sosua REPLIED

hey to all of u.
i am maria geraldine de la rosa batista.

th guy that wrote the post is dennis grubbs all employee of brent who was kicked out of the hotel for stealing and selling illegal substance. now let me tell u something dennis. police and embassy have come to me and do their research who i have been helping with everything they ask. my bf drived the van cause i dont know how to drive and i needed to buy things for the hotel. the police went to the lawyers office where brent signed and sold the hotel the embassy guy told me u went there too with the same story and they told u u are completely out of the subject. u dare to accused me for things that u dont even know about. everybody that knows me in so know who i am and how i am like. everybody that know me from the hotel. know Brent is my friend. and i don't have reasons to harm him in any way. he is my mentor. now Dennis grubbs u are a liar, talking about things that u don't even know. but the thing bothered me the most is not ur lack of saying the truth but u put a picture of my daughter here.

this case is being handle by the embassy and the local policy. and they have been doing a good job. now Dennis instead of writing false statements u should concentrate in getting a new job and say no to illegal substances

I was going to replied in the threat but i got deleted.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I'm sure the truth will come out once the embassy and the police conduct a thorough investigation. Until then both sides are telling their version of the story. In other words, pointing fingers.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
hey to all of u.
i am maria geraldine de la rosa batista.

th guy that wrote the post is dennis grubbs all employee of brent who was kicked out of the hotel for stealing and selling illegal substance. now let me tell u something dennis. police and embassy have come to me and do their research who i have been helping with everything they ask. my bf drived the van cause i dont know how to drive and i needed to buy things for the hotel. the police went to the lawyers office where brent signed and sold the hotel the embassy guy told me u went there too with the same story and they told u u are completely out of the subject. u dare to accused me for things that u dont even know about. everybody that knows me in so know who i am and how i am like. everybody that know me from the hotel. know Brent is my friend. and i don't have reasons to harm him in any way. he is my mentor. now Dennis grubbs u are a liar, talking about things that u don't even know. but the thing bothered me the most is not ur lack of saying the truth but u put a picture of my daughter here.

this case is being handle by the embassy and the local policy. and they have been doing a good job. now Dennis instead of writing false statements u should concentrate in getting a new job and say no to illegal substances

I was going to replied in the threat but i got deleted.

Thank you for the update.

The other thread has not been deleted, it's currently invisible because of the accusations made and the failure of the OP to identify himself with contact information. Until he/she does so, it will remain invisible.

need2know

Feb 23, 2009
It is true that the owner is missing. His employees haven't seen him or heard from him, and they aren't being paid by the "new" management. The contact information previously posted for Brent was correct- he is unreachable by those who know him.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We are waiting for the OP to publicly provide his name and contact information. He/She cannot come here and post those kinds of accusations against others without doing that. Additionally, it appears the they posted photos without approval. He has been sent an e-mail since he cannot PM.

When he posts his information, the thread will reappear - it is not deleted, simply invisible to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.