Phone number for Unit for Noise Pollution ????

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
funny you mentioned the church. they are the only source of noise where i live.

i always wonder why it is that people have to upbraid others for making excessive noise. don't they realize it? or is it that they just don't give a hoot?

The same way they push ahead in lines [lines????? what are they for????], cut you off in traffic, leave their shopping carts blocking aisles......they often do not consider others. It's all about themselves, in that moment. This type of person is oblivious to the rights of others.

Thank God all Dominicans are not like that.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Next time one of these Domincans cuts me in line Im gonna call the cops. The police need to change this. God forbid I have to deal with another human.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Does anybody know the number to the line cutting patrol? It has become unbearable and need the police to serve and protect.

I love when I have an hour to kill.....It brings out the best of me...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What's your estimate on the percentage? :cheeky:

donP

Point taken. It does span the different classes. I've seen hijos de mami y papi behave as badly as campesinos.

I also know a lot of Dominicans who would never ever act like that.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Im glad you are doing well...Even happier you dont call the police....Slightly impressed you interact with our neighbors. We have something in common. Maybe I was wrong and you are not an idiot. You should come down to my level on an online forum, it is fun and not real. I wish I lived in a crappy barrio, then I would not have to pay my Uncle Sam this month...G

Last edited by a moderator:

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Cmon Alter Ego, I got some free time online today without being consumed by work, You have to admit you smiled at least once during this fiasco...even if you totally hate me you smiled at least once. When was the last time you called someone birdbrain. That is a classic, and will use it today when I get out. No need to exercise you moderator authority on me and ban me. Please don't call the "He was talking shh onlin police" on me. We are all neighbors here.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Point taken. It does span the different classes. I've seen hijos de mami y papi behave as badly as campesinos.

I also know a lot of Dominicans who would never ever act like that.

hijos de mami y papi? where do you think the bad examples come from? when someone will not dip their high beams, or simply goes through a red light, check who is behind the wheel. it is usually someone that you think might know better.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
Does anybody know the number to the line cutting patrol? It has become unbearable and need the police to serve and protect.

I love when I have an hour to kill.....It brings out the best of me...

if there has ever been a reason for me to learn dominican this should be the reason! i can't fight in dominican, i will lose any arguement!

after having this happening to me the first couple of times i grew some balls to say HELLO, WTF! and give them the angry face but when the oldies do it to me i just have to wait my turn again because there is nothing i can do about them!

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
A bit harsh on jdjones in my mind........... I think he just might of put in words the collective thought here......

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Going back to the subject of noise, in Zona Colonial the residents got together and had a big war on noise. Result, the bars now largely behave themselves. The police make it clear that no noise will be tolerated from bars and even the Ayuntamiento is telling people that they cannot set up noisy bars. People keep commenting how peaceful it is at night. So it can be done. You need to get Dominicans as well as foreigners on your side, and you need to get the bars which are being responsible to work with you as well. It isn't easy, but is really worth doing. We're now starting to work on AMET and Cestur to get the loud vehicles stopped, and to try and designate certain roads as "hotel and residential" zones, where even car horns aren't tolerated. We have hundreds of police in the Colonial Zone, it's just a question of getting them to be on our side.

My advice is not to expect to make a quick phone call and get this sorted out. You need to get people together who are bothered about noise and start a campaign, form a group, have meetings with the bars, and the police, and the Anti Ruido people, and the church and so on and so on.