Planting Boxes

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
My man @johne
I do not have not found a dedicated supply store for just gardening supplies.
I keep my eye out at various ferreterías for the light duty stuff.
For specialized tools I import one then take it to my machine shop and have them copy it for me. It has worked out well so far.
Just a little slow.
I have not had the occasion to buy fertilizer.
As I have the facilities and means to make my own through composting.
One advantage here in the Dominican Republic is the the heat and humidity speeds the composting process.
You can make liquid based products in small quantities and you have the advantage of knowing exactly what you are putting onto you plants.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Didn't find any in JD or BC? I don't buy plants as I do everything from seed.But I could use a local place for garden related supplies.
No, in JD not......I checked here....but, that was no concern, I am frequently in the Capital. The person there called LILA was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
On your PC:

1. Open a reply box, Put your mouse on the square box with two little hills in it. A window should open that says "Insert image"
example.jpg

2. Click on it, and a window will open that says "Drop image or click here"
3. If the photo is on your computer, click on it and it will open a window to File Explorer on your PC.
4. Search for the image on your PC. When you find it, click on it to highlight it, then click "open" and it will appear here in your reply.

If the image is on the internet:
1. Go to the image on the internet
2. Right click on the image
3. Select "copy image"
4. Come back to your reply box, right click, and select "Paste"

Last edited:
Reactions: AlterEgo

potus

Dec 27, 2015
On your PC:

1. Open a reply box, Put your mouse on the square box with two little hills in it. A window should open that says "Insert image"
View attachment 5831
3. If the photo is on your computer, click on it and it will open a window to File Explorer on your PC.
4. Search for the image on your PC. When you find it, click on it to highlight it, then click "open" and it will appear here in your reply.

3. Select "copy image"

IT ONLY GIVES ME THE OPTION TO ENTER A URL HTTP.......Image is on PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
On your PC:

3. Select "copy image"

Try right clicking on the image on your PC, then right click on your reply box and click on paste.

That should work too.

potus

Dec 27, 2015

Try right clicking on the image on your PC, then right click on your reply box and click on paste.

That should work too.
No chance...I followed all instructions in any possible suggested way on two different computers....no luck....I remember, I tried this many years ago already here and could not make it work.....My kids will be here during the weekend...maybe they can succeed...

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Can you sharpen pruning shears at most ferreterias? If not, where could I go or would it just be better to buy a sharpening stone and do it myself. If the latter, would most ferreterias have a sharpening stone?

Thanks for any responses.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Can you sharpen pruning shears at most ferreterias? If not, where could I go or would it just be better to buy a sharpening stone and do it myself. If the latter, would most ferreterias have a sharpening stone?

Thanks for any responses.
Any number ofHaitians workers know how to do this. My assistant does my machete as part of us gardening together.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Any number ofHaitians workers know how to do this. My assistant does my machete as part of us gardening together.
They all need a couple of extra bucks and they are available during lunch and generally quit work at 5PM(Construction )

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I've seen some wicked sharp Machete's that were sharpened by Haitians.
This morning we were do some transplanting. We needed to get a large cucumber plant carefully out of a black plastic container and into the soil. N o problem. He sliced the plastic container around the sides with his machete and lifted the plant out. :)

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
No chance...I followed all instructions in any possible suggested way on two different computers....no luck....I remember, I tried this many years ago already here and could not make it work.....My kids will be here during the weekend...maybe they can succeed...
this weekend? Imagine if this was a medical emergency? LOL