Police arrest two accused of Swiss woman’s murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
A lot of criminals become lawyers or they become criminals after becoming lawyers.
But this is a familiar game here.
Either played by the Chicas or the Sankies.
I would warn every older woman who 'finds love' with a younger Dominican man, you are just two dollar signs in their eyes
Same for the old men with you chicas, there may be real affection there but likely you are just their Colmado.
HOWEVER... there are some real advantages for older US men - in that Social Security in the US will pay out money for a US citizen child up until 18... I have heard of this particular sort of "arrangement" from lots of Dominicans - male and female. If a US father acknowledges the child and - I believe - registers the child as a US Citizen - agrees to support such child until 18 -

Then the child gets US citizenship, and both mother and child get a portion of the man's social security.

I have known several US men who were delightfully cared for by younger Dominican women until the American passed away. -- even those who don't have children.

Sadly, there is no such advantage for older foreign women.

Most of us here know of at least one tragic death of a beloved member of this Board who really thought that she was HAPPILY married.. and
then
murdered.

I don't know if there are stories of the men being murdered by their younger Dominican wives//partners.

SURE - they may be taken for $$ .. or for a US Visa...
But
Murdered?

Has that happened?

I knew 2 gay men who were murdered - but both were abusers...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
HOWEVER... there are some real advantages for older US men - in that Social Security in the US will pay out money for a US citizen child up until 18... I have heard of this particular sort of "arrangement" from lots of Dominicans - male and female. If a US father acknowledges the child and - I believe - registers the child as a US Citizen - agrees to support such child until 18 -

Then the child gets US citizenship, and both mother and child get a portion of the man's social security.

I have known several US men who were delightfully cared for by younger Dominican women until the American passed away. -- even those who don't have children.

Most of us here know of at least one tragic death of a beloved member of this Board who really thought that she was HAPPILY married.. and
then
murdered.

I don't know if there are stories of the men being murdered by their younger Dominican wives//partners.

But
Murdered?

Has that happened?

Happened to a Dutch fella in (i beleive) Puerto Plata about a year. Jealous ex chica and new squeeze popped him. They were arrested a few days later. Definitely a two way street in this country. I don't recall the fella's name but he was well-known by some of our fellow members.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Happened to a Dutch fella in (i beleive) Puerto Plata about a year. Jealous ex chica and new squeeze popped him. They were areested a few days later. Definitely a two way street in this country.
yes.. I have heard of men killed by a jealous ex..

And men are more susceptible to seduction perhaps.

When I first moved to Las Terrenas, I used to get approached and whistled at and all... And I am a Senior!

Finally, one day, at the conch stand, one of the young boys tried saying some "sexy stuff" - and I took my umbrella and pointed it into his chest saying (in Spanish) - "Look - I am old enough to be your grandmother. I am a teacher. So you will speak to me with respect."

No problems after that.

I often GAVE money to a few women who worked for me. Once my maid asked for an advance on her salary - and I HONESTLY did not have it. But I went to the freezer and took out a frozen chicken, added lots of rice and beans and gave her the package.

She clutched it as she was going at the door - saying "Elizabeth vale mas queen dinero."

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
yes.. I have heard of men killed by a jealous ex..

And men are more susceptible to seduction perhaps.

When I first moved to Las Terrenas, I used to get approached and whistled at and all... And I am a Senior!

Finally, one day, at the conch stand, one of the young boys tried saying some "sexy stuff" - and I took my umbrella and pointed it into his chest saying (in Spanish) - "Look - I am old enough to be your grandmother. I am a teacher. So you will speak to me with respect."

No problems after that.

I often GAVE money to a few women who worked for me. Once my maid asked for an advance on her salary - and I HONESTLY did not have it. But I went to the freezer and took out a frozen chicken, added lots of rice and beans and gave her the package.

She clutched it as she was going at the door - saying "Elizabeth vale mas queen dinero."
I also have no problem telling them this country is not poor and they've been lied to by those who steal.

• Love
Reactions: mountainannie

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
I also have no problem telling them this country is not poor and they've been lied to by those who steal.
Right! I remember walking by the HQ of the PLD in Gazcue on my way to the supermarket there - and this PROFESSIONAL woman - I mean dressed in a suit.. just held out her palm to me,, as in "da me algo"
And I just Blew My Stack at her... "What? You want money from me? WHY? I work for a living just like you do."

And when going down the south - in Pedernales - the "Capitalenos" who went down would often hand out money to the "pobrecitos".. I was down there doing a story and was getting onto the back of a concho when a little kid came up to me - doing the standard "poor pitiful me" face with his hand out.

I flung out my arm at him and yelled"Busce Trabajar" --

Got a thumbs up from about 3 Dominicans watching.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The amount of foreigners who've been set up/ scammed and killed by a local with the hopes of taking all of their assets (in last 10 yrs I've lived here) should encourage others to exercise a little more caution when it comes to who the allow into their inner circle(s).
and like so many before them, these perps will end up spending many years in prison while walking away with zero $$$.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Right! I remember walking by the HQ of the PLD in Gazcue on my way to the supermarket there - and this PROFESSIONAL woman - I mean dressed in a suit.. just held out her palm to me,, as in "da me algo"
And I just Blew My Stack at her... "What? You want money from me? WHY? I work for a living just like you do."

And when going down the south - in Pedernales - the "Capitalenos" who went down would often hand out money to the "pobrecitos".. I was down there doing a story and was getting onto the back of a concho when a little kid came up to me - doing the standard "poor pitiful me" face with his hand out.

I flung out my arm at him and yelled"Busce Trabajar" --

Got a thumbs up from about 3 Dominicans watching.
How to win friends and Influence people

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I am pretty sure I read it here. The love test. Place a few ATM/credit cards (cancelled of course) and a knot of cash with a rubber band around it and place it in a not so obscure place. If it disappears you have your answer. P.S I can give the answer right now, "its the money"
It is so easy to create these tests, either a money test or a love test. My favorite is to tempt your loving dominican, man or woman, with a new love, very rich, gullible and attractive. How these people involve themselves without proper vetting is sad. Where is hillbilly, he must restate the rules every new year. Every man visiting the DR should wear a bracket. "What would CCCCC do?'

Reactions: CristoRey

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Care to elaborate?
Who did they abuse and who murdered them?
One was a Frenchman in LT who had a Haitian lover for over 2 years - took him all around - to high end hotels and restaurants - was living with him. And then one day, he told him to just Get Out. Leave. He gave him no money, no sort of settlement - nothing..... About a month later, he was found with his throat cut and his motorcycle gone. Lots of the French in LT mourned him - thought he was "charming" but he came with friends to stay with me in Sto.Dom - all was fine the first time - then he asked to come again so I said "OK" and he treated my place like a hotel.... the third time he showed up unannounced at my door, reeking of liquor. I shut him out.

I heard that the police caught the Haitian - but I never heard what happened to him. Put in prison probably - but - honestly -many of the French in LT are disliked by the locals there as much as the Haitians so I am not sure how long a sentence he would have been given. Samana is a Protestant province and I found the Dominicans in LT to be both honorable and strict in their comporting. The Europeans are often considered a corrupting factor - despite the prosperity that they have brought.

The other was a lawyer from Philadelphia who kept a small condo in Gazcue. There was a group of us who found him "charming" and were stunned to learn of his death. - which was particularly gruesome. Then we learned that he was a sex addict and would have as many as three or four young men in his apartment every day. No one discovered who murdered him. I doubt that there was much of a search.

• Wow
Reactions: NanSanPedro

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
One was a Frenchman in LT who had a Haitian lover for over 2 years - took him all around - to high end hotels and restaurants - was living with him. And then one day, he told him to just Get Out. Leave. He gave him no money, no sort of settlement - nothing..... About a month later, he was found with his throat cut and his motorcycle gone. Lots of the French in LT mourned him - thought he was "charming" but he came with friends to stay with me in Sto.Dom - all was fine the first time - then he asked to come again so I said "OK" and he treated my place like a hotel.... the third time he showed up unannounced at my door, reeking of liquor. I shut him out.

I heard that the police caught the Haitian - but I never heard what happened to him. Put in prison probably - but - honestly -many of the French in LT are disliked by the locals there as much as the Haitians so I am not sure how long a sentence he would have been given. Samana is a Protestant province and I found the Dominicans in LT to be both honorable and strict in their comporting. The Europeans are often considered a corrupting factor - despite the prosperity that they have brought.

The other was a lawyer from Philadelphia who kept a small condo in Gazcue. There was a group of us who found him "charming" and were stunned to learn of his death. - which was particularly gruesome. Then we learned that he was a sex addict and would have as many as three or four young men in his apartment every day. No one discovered who murdered him. I doubt that there was much of a search.

Regarding the lawyer I think you are talking about Van Teasley who was from Washington and they did find the killers. The DR1 thread below includes a lot of comment regarding the killers being found and arrested. Two male prostitutes he has met at the Juan Binbin gay brothel who murdered him for US$ 1500. I remember meeting this guy and I was very saddened by what happened to him. Unless there was another lawyer what was murdered in Gazcue but I can't remember one.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Happened to a Dutch fella in (i beleive) Puerto Plata about a year. Jealous ex chica and new squeeze popped him. They were arrested a few days later. Definitely a two way street in this country. I don't recall the fella's name but he was well-known by some of our fellow members.
Also the German man near Sosua killed by his Dominican wife and her lover/plotter to steal his avocado farm. Buried him under tile in Santiago

Jan 9, 2004

Partially true.

SS will pay benefits to a child of someone collecting SS benefits until they are 16............and if the child remains a full time student...........then until age 18. That benefit is paid whether the SS recipient is male or female.

Additionally, that benefit can be claimed by a step-child or step-grand child...............and that step-child need not be a US citizen..............but must be legally adopted.

The mother does NOT get a portion of the mans SS.................the child does. She may become the payee, but not the recipient in the scenarios you are referring to.

See above...........SS benefits for minor children can also be claimed by women.
then
murdered.

But
Murdered?

Has that happened?

Lots of stories here with horrible endings. People blinded by the lure of living in a tropical climate, blinded by the many and various cultural differences and in general blinded by the fact that things/people do not work/act the same way as one would expect in ones own country.............caused people to make terrible choices and life changing mistakes.

And it does not just happen to foreigners.............although they get the headlines. I have heard of Dominicans who lived abroad, adjusted to their new culture and then returned and became victims themselves.

Finally, its not all bad. There are lots of successful situations.............they just do not merit the headlines.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Regarding the lawyer I think you are talking about Van Teasley who was from Washington and they did find the killers. The DR1 thread below includes a lot of comment regarding the killers being found and arrested. Two male prostitutes he has met at the Juan Binbin gay brothel who murdered him for US$ 1500. I remember meeting this guy and I was very saddened by what happened to him. Unless there was another lawyer what was murdered in Gazcue but I can't remember one.

It was Van... I liked him very much. His death was a shock to all of us who knew and liked him.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Pretty unfortunate.
The gay expats are getting robbed and murdered just as easily as the women expats.

Let's not get this out of proportion. Van was murdered in 2014 I think, and I haven't heard of anyone else who has been. There is quite a busy gay scene in Santo Domingo, it's probably the most visible gay community in the Caribbean. Stroll down the Conde any evening and every single bench has a group of sanky pankies on it catering for gay tourists. I'm pretty sure there will have been more than one gay murder in Los Angeles between 2014 and now, and the two cities have similar size populations.

Status
Not open for further replies.