Police execute a young man in plain daylight.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Que barbaridad! Absolutely horrific. Totally senseless. The man was unarmed and was not threatening the cop in any way. He should be charged with murder and sent to La Victoria for the rest of his life! Of course, as a cop, his life in La Victoria will not be very long!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Reminder for both our new and older members....... posts about race are not permitted. They all have been deleted.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Its true but these guys are a scourge. It makes driving very difficult when you are harassed at every light. The hope would be that this could drive change and improve manners.

You would need to carry thousands of bullets to start shooting the "bumps in the road" which won't allow you to drive with ease?

These are people trying to make it so you know. I rather have them harassing me to clean my windshield than pulling out a machete and rob me or kill me in the process.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
You would need to carry thousands of bullets to start shooting the "bumps in the road" which won't allow you to drive with ease?

These are people trying to make it so you know. I rather have them harassing me to clean my windshield than pulling out a machete and rob me or kill me in the process.

thank you. at least they are not taking your money at gunpoint.

i love these people who claim that people should put their shoulders to the grindstone, and show some initiative. then, because the people infringe upon their sense of privilege and exceptionalism, they suggest that they be exterminated.

who raises these people? who teaches them that they are so special?

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I saw an unedited version and some stills on FB yesterday. It shows the officer hitting the guy high pretty much above the ear with the top of his head blown off at an angle. Of what I saw it was an adrenaline reaction with the cop trying to get the guy to stand down. The cop was aggressive but it did look to be an accidental shot. IMHO.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I saw an unedited version and some stills on FB yesterday. It shows the officer hitting the guy high pretty much above the ear with the top of his head blown off at an angle. Of what I saw it was an adrenaline reaction with the cop trying to get the guy to stand down. The cop was aggressive but it did look to be an accidental shot. IMHO.

cops should not be blowing off the tops of people's heads with ''accidental shots''. i realize the old bromide that we are all human, but i would think that training would reduce that possibility to a minimum.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

I had not seen any video evidence, such as you just did , so i did not want to post on this earlier ... butt it also appeared to me that it was an UNSAFE handing of a weapon, more than an execution.. Dominicans do not seem to understand that you can not put you finger in the trigger until the moment you intend to pull it ...
From the videos I did see he TOOK the Handgun without authorization from the Other Officer . correct ?
He is still 100% responsible for this Young mans MURDER, absolutely .. .but probably not an execution.. just a form of Intimidation that went horribly wrong ..

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Looked more like a rifle or shotgun than a pistol, and looks like the cop had intent.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
https://www.facebook.com/luis.almonte.90813/videos/1540806436024247/

watch at your own discretion. before FB takes it down again,....

yes, it was a pump shotgun... it does look bad.
Push button safety most likely, which would have to be Safety OFF intentionally, unless he grabbed it that way from the other officer which is even worse..
I RETRACT my previous comment .... looks bad . Did not even know until now that it was a PUMP action Shotgun..
that changes everything..

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
https://www.facebook.com/luis.almonte.90813/videos/1540806436024247/

watch at your own discretion. before FB takes it down again,....

yes, it was a pump shotgun... it does look bad.
Push button safety most likely, which would have to be Safety OFF intentionally, unless he grabbed it that way from the other officer which is even worse..
I RETRACT my previous comment .... looks bad . Did not even know until now that it was a PUMP action Shotgun..
that changes everything..

the cop had the guy in his eyes when he went over to the military guy and grabbed his shotgun. He was still looking at the guy when he walked over towards him with the shotgun.
The guy was walking perpendicular and slightly away from the cop when he raised and fired.
Watch it in slow motion and it really looks like he wanted to shoot the guy.

jahjahwarrior

Mar 14, 2017
Who told you that?

Well, it's not fair to say that no police here have guns...but this one didn't until he took it from another office. So "I of course cannot believe that all police here don't carry guns normally" is a better statement.

Regarding the plan to avoid resisting...What is the best case? You get away? What are the worst cases?
You get away but they get you later?
You don't get away and they beat the **** out of you?

If I was some thug who lived in the slums I might try to resist. I'm a gringo who has a lot to lose. I'm going to be as polite as hell and try everything I can to get the police to let me go before we get to jail, or at the least, get in touch with a friend who can help. I would never try to resist arrest.

That said I have no problem arguing with police who try to give me a multa for something stupid. But if they told me I was under arrest? Hello Officer I am so sorry how are you would you like a refresco???

My friends here are all, all, 100%, convinced it was murder by a policeman who was high on his authority. It's not like Trayvon Martin, where I knew people who felt Zimmerman might have been doing the right thing.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
the cop had the guy in his eyes when he went over to the military guy and grabbed his shotgun. He was still looking at the guy when he walked over towards him with the shotgun.
The guy was walking perpendicular and slightly away from the cop when he raised and fired.
Watch it in slow motion and it really looks like he wanted to shoot the guy.

that did not look too ''accidental'' to me..

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good afternoon take a look at a real genius https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfONckOPyaI or you tube DEA shoots self classroom. If remember correctly the DEA guy sued the DEA for releasing the tape. DEA said that it was taken by a parent. But DEA guy said that the news release came from DEA. Cant really remember but I think that he got to keep his job. Word was that had a previous AD.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
There was intent alright, but he could (should) have fired a warning shot.
However if you get into a physical altercation with police tryng to make an arrest in any country you are not going to like your success.
The guy would have been out in 24 hours and no worse for wear - The arrestee should have just gone peacefully, like a man and the other men walked away.

I saw the AMET stop and strip a young man of his moto in front of Jumbo yesterday. He quietly got off and one of them rode it away.
He may of lost his moto (or his friend's more likely) but his life wasn't involved

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I saw the AMET stop and strip a young man of his moto in front of Jumbo yesterday. He quietly got off and one of them rode it away.
He may of lost his moto (or his friend's more likely) but his life wasn't involved
A few hyears ago during a moto sweep in Jarabacoa, I saw an AMET guy try to flag a muffinhead down who blew right past the AMET agent. 100' down the road another agent blasted the MotoMuffin right in the face with his fist, sending the moto guy crashing into a power pole and careening into a building.

They weren't messing around that day.