Polish police have arrested Father Gil

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Does anyone know if the 15-year ban starts from the moment he is released or from the time of sentencing?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
even if it would be a 100 years ban, to give a time limit is a joke, it should be a ban for life to approach the victims and of course he should never ever again be allowed to any work with children.
why cant the world agree that such multiple cases Pedos get their balls cut off by the parents of the victims, in publicto be shown live on TV? would just be fine with me.
it looked like they anyways had him by the balls/their proofs to sentencehim, why does a DA make a deal then to reduce the sentence to half? corrupt governments and a church with big bucks to pay them off.

Mike

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
the funniest thing was how he was explaining himself in polish media in 2013, after all mess has been discovered.
he was claiming that it is a setup by "drug gangs" from the village where he was "working" - Janico.
craziness. Knowing this country, and especially Janico, you would know how big bull**** it was.
cold blooded monster I would say.....
even if it would be a 100 years ban, to give a time limit is a joke, it should be a ban for life to approach the victims and of course he should never ever again be allowed to any work with children.
why cant the world agree that such multiple cases Pedos get their balls cut off by the parents of the victims, in publicto be shown live on TV? would just be fine with me.
it looked like they anyways had him by the balls/their proofs to sentencehim, why does a DA make a deal then to reduce the sentence to half? corrupt governments and a church with big bucks to pay them off.

Mike

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Did anyone notice this item in yesterday's news? (bolding mine)

Ibero-American judicial ministers meet in Santo Domingo
The Conference of Ministers of Justice of Ibero-American Countries (COMJIB) is meeting in Santo Domingo from tomorrow, Tuesday 26 to Thursday 28 May 2015. The event at the Hotel Embajador will bring together attorneys general and judicial authorities from 16 countries in the region.

A delegation from Poland will also be attending the conference. Headed by Attorney General Andrzej Seremet, their agenda includes visits to the parents of children who were victims of sexual abuse by Polish priest Wojciech Gil, serving a seven-year jail sentence for the crime in his home country. Seremet will also sign a memorandum of judicial cooperation with the Dominican Republic Attorney General Office. The DR delegated the processing of the priest, who fled home to Poland after TV journalists exposed the case and that of Polish papal nuncio Jozef Wesolowski, also accused of sexual abuse in the Dominican Republic, whose trial was delegated to the Vatican authorities.

Listin Diario - El peri?dico de los dominicanos

Jan 9, 2004
I've been reliably informed that the ban starts from the moment of release.

Actually, its from the end of the sentence (7) years.....not for any release for good conduct, Vatican lobbying for leniency, etc.

But that is irrelevant, as the DR can and should deny him any entry into the country as a persona non grata.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
let him do his 7 years "house arrest" sentence in Poland and then extradite him to be processed in the DR, where he did his outrageous crimes.
interesting, who pays the money to the victims?

Mike

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I still do not understand why the Polish state should be the one paying the victims? How does that happen? Under what sort of law is a State responsible for the crimes committed by citizen? Is this under some sort of concordat with the Polish Roman Catholic church? anyone?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I still do not understand why the Polish state should be the one paying the victims? How does that happen? Under what sort of law is a State responsible for the crimes committed by citizen? Is this under some sort of concordat with the Polish Roman Catholic church? anyone?

I understood it to mean that the money would come from Gil, who was ordered to pay compensation to his victims as part of his sentence.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I understood it to mean that the money would come from Gil, who was ordered to pay compensation to his victims as part of his sentence.

He took a vow of poverty. There is nothing to be gained, suing a Catholic Priest....not that he's proven faithful to vows to date.