poor quality of goods being sold in d.r.???

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Ordinary Costco rice is far better than most Dominican rice and cheaper for the quality.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
We can't do 'small packages'. In 4 months we went through 100 pounds of rice, and had to buy some at La Sirena at the end of our stay.

i don't permit white rice in our house so can't really say i empathize...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
We do like jasmine rice, and can buy it in 50 pound bags in Asian markets. I'm sure they sell it somewhere in DR, but I'm sure it's expensive IF we could find it. Really good 50 pound bags of rice in Sams Club are about $17.

thats 15 pesos per pound, for a rice of your taste, a good price and worth a free shipment together with the anyways shipped goods for sure.
here, many different brands, when buying in small packages of 5lbs and 10lbs, rice costs between 16-35.- pesos per lbs.
in the 125lbs sack it goes down to 10 pesos per lbs.
to suit the own taste is anyways always worth to pay a bit more, no doubt.
here we eat a lot of rice(i have to exclude myself from the WE),
the Mrs does not want every brand, so she gets her 125lbs sack of teh brand she decides on at the shop.
depending which brand she wants at the time, the sack costs 1200-1600.- pesos, for 125lbs.
i could myself not tell which brand is "good" or not,
i eat rice once in a while, but will not start to shovel that stuff in on daily bases.

Mike

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
thats 15 pesos per pound, for a rice of your taste, a good price and worth a free shipment together with the anyways shipped goods for sure.
here, many different brands, when buying in small packages of 5lbs and 10lbs, rice costs between 16-35.- pesos per lbs.
in the 125lbs sack it goes down to 10 pesos per lbs.
to suit the own taste is anyways always worth to pay a bit more, no doubt.
here we eat a lot of rice(i have to exclude myself from the WE),
the Mrs does not want every brand, so she gets her 125lbs sack of teh brand she decides on at the shop.
depending which brand she wants at the time, the sack costs 1200-1600.- pesos, for 125lbs.
i could myself not tell which brand is "good" or not,
i eat rice once in a while, but will not start to shovel that stuff in on daily bases.

Mike

I'm not an avid rice eater either, I grew up in a house where it was never ever served [unless someone had an intestinal problem :) ]. If I never had it again I wouldn't miss it, but I do eat it. Mr. AE loves his rice though, and in DR we feed a lot of other people [maid and her granddaughter, caretaker, occasional neighbor, lots of people on weekends, etc.]. Our maid often says 'this rice is too good for the people around here', LOL.