Popping my DR cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
thanks to all for the advice and yes I'm waiting to see where this stupid covid thing goes b4 buying my ticket, but I'm piecing things together just in case it's a go.
i looked into Sousa, but not as thoroughly as of yet.
as far as that goes i went to Angeles City when i visited the Philippines.
it's 50- 50 with some people hating Boca Chica, and the other half absolutely love Boca Chica.
either way i intend keep checking back and finding out any info i can glean.
"stupid covid thing"???? A pandemic can be stupid?
Appears to me this disease has outsmarted you and lots of others.
Not to worry as we have a plethora of other smart diseases waiting for you.
Come on down and bring cash, you will fit right in.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Book a room at the Anvee and you're fine day and night for your planned "cultural" activities. Also someone already told you the monger watering hole named Flip Flops. The owner is a nice African American guy who talks to and respects people from all walks of life. Enjoy your stay.

bigdaddyt1964

May 26, 2015
"stupid covid thing"???? A pandemic can be stupid?
Appears to me this disease has outsmarted you and lots of others.
Not to worry as we have a plethora of other smart diseases waiting for you.
Come on down and bring cash, you will fit right in.
that was not talking about the disease itself but more of the fact everything is closed down and the restrictions on everything

bigdaddyt1964

May 26, 2015
Book a room at the Anvee and you're fine day and night for your planned "cultural" activities. Also someone already told you the monger watering hole named Flip Flops. The owner is a nice African American guy who talks to and respects people from all walks of life. Enjoy your stay.
I've watched a few of his videos now and he's chill for sure.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
This is about where dv8 would come in and slap everybody silly.

I miss dv8.

Used to be .. but we are now a kinder gentler , and more sophisticated site , having permanently shunned the likes of those who want to talk only us politics ..
so this young man who is looking to hone his travel skills and plans on gracing the land of our beloved Republica Dominicana , deserves our full attention ..

bigdaddyt1964

May 26, 2015
thank you jd426!!!!
this is how i fine tuned things before going to the Philippines for the first time was joining a forum to ask questions and get some info.

Reactions: jd426

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
thanks to all for the advice and yes I'm waiting to see where this stupid covid thing goes b4 buying my ticket, but I'm piecing things together just in case it's a go.
i looked into Sousa, but not as thoroughly as of yet.
as far as that goes i went to Angeles City when i visited the Philippines.
it's 50- 50 with some people hating Boca Chica, and the other half absolutely love Boca Chica.
either way i intend keep checking back and finding out any info i can glean.
Sosua is 100% better than BC.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm in the stages of putting a trip together, i already booked the hotel(Hotel Garret) and getting monies together to cover everything, and book my March flight. i am not however a virgin to the whole scene as I've been to the Philippines 4 times so i do know a lot about the bar girl scams, and was quite the artist at putting said girl in here place.
now on to what i want to lay out for help in planning an awesome solo trip, now that you know my backstory.

I've been told a few things, and researched others that they pretty much speak span-english now, and i do have an app on my mini tablet that I'll be bringing for voice translation. so i can at least stumble through.
what would be your advice on staying and partying solo? where do other mongers tend to hangout during the day so i can buy a round or 32 LOL and pump the veterans for much needed info?
I pretty much know where to find people at night, but any advice of what other have done on solo trips i much appreciate.

If you're heading for Boca Chica you want to hang out at the Boat House. Ex pat hangout with good food and you can harvest lots of good advice about everything Boca Chica. Tell the JD sent you.

Reactions: bigdaddyt1964

bigdaddyt1964

May 26, 2015
If you're heading for Boca Chica you want to hang out at the Boat House. Ex pat hangout with good food and you can harvest lots of good advice about everything Boca Chica. Tell the JD sent you.
Thank you finally some advice that i was looking for. but i already sent a request to have my account closed because of the pukes on this thread. thanks to all(except the pukes)

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Thank you finally some advice that i was looking for. but i already sent a request to have my account closed because of the pukes on this thread. thanks to all(except the pukes)

No need to go to extremes. There's still lots of great information to be had. Why don't you give the board another chance?

Just ignore the pukes (you can block them) and you'll still get lots of great info!

Reactions: aarhus
Status
Not open for further replies.