Post trip depression?

Sashafierc33426

Nov 9, 2011
Hello mamgirl, GO CHICA and enjoy the sun for me. I am also battling depression since being back from vacation. I am planning to book my next trip for September hopefully. There is nothing like getting away, and having some relaxing time away from the normal routine of life.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Normally I enjoy reading Mr. CCCCC's posts attacking folks on here, but since it does attack my character this time I feel the need to respond.

I looked so forward to my first trip every down south for a long time; was supposed to be a trip with my two sisters. The day before I left I came down with the flu and the day I left had a fever. I was stuffed up, coughing uncontrollably, feverish, and ill for most of the week I was there. So here I am all excited and can't even smell the fresh sea air!

Add on top of this the fact that my brother suprised us by showing up with our parents in tow on the second day of the vacation. We don't get along at the best of times when all together, but throw in unlimited alcohol and it was quite the emotional rollercoaster.

My vacation was ruined by unwanted family and the flu. I started planning my next trip before I even left.

As far as my post trip depression, it had nothing to do with anyone at the resort, but the fact that while at the resort I got to do absolutely nothing but lay around for the first time since I had children. It was the smack of the real life (ie: work and kids and pets) that hit me when I returned home. Combined with the stress of being sick and the emotional visit with my family.

I am unable to go away next year and realized if I wanted to go again it would have to be this season, or at least two years from now. I don't want to wait that long and decided my kids would benefit from the experience and I don't want to travel alone as it would be too boring. And since you're so concerned about my husband, we would have all loved it if he could join us, but he is in the military and is unable to get away.

YOU ..........GO.........GIRL......... Have an incredible time and hope the weather is good for you and your kids.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Normally I enjoy reading Mr. CCCCC's posts attacking folks on here, but since it does attack my character this time I feel the need to respond.

I'm like you, I get a kick out of seeing him attack others, but when he kicked me I felt different.
Der Fish

Well, its going to be interesting to see his Royalness yank his big foot outta this one. :bunny: lol

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
I haven't seen any related topics on this, sorry if I'm in the wrong spot.

I was just wondering if it's normal to feel so depressed after returning home from the DR? It's been almost a week and I still am not happy. I had my first ever all inclusive in Sosua last week;first time in over three years away from my kids and husband. I thought I'd have a nice relaxing trip and the break from "real life" would do me good.

But it had the opposite effect. After a week of doing nothing but lying in the sun and going to the buffet, I found it extremely depressing to come home and have to get up for work and make all the meals, get kids to school and extra curricular activities. All I can think about is the sun, beach, and pool. I'm trying to figure out how/when I can get back. I know - poor me, having to live in the real world...but has anyone ever felt this way and please tell me it goes away!

I felt the same way many times. Just save up money and come back when you can and schedule a date for your return. That should help. Also practice your spanish and use the dr1 forum a lot. It helps.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
depression takes on many forms to different people. sun, sand, weather can get you in a depressive mode no doubt. now, there's the other depression that the old farts feel. that feeling that i just left plenty of money in a third world country with a total stranger 1/3 my age that i slept with and she told me she liked me. i haven't felt like this in 20 years feeling.
anyone know that feeling ??
knowing that i have a real life and real job in the USA doesn't get me too depressed about the DR....NOT !!!!