Pregnant Dominican Teen Dies After Abortion Ban Delays Chemo Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2011
My opinion definitely doesn't count, but God's does...you don't take an innocent life, end of story.

Chip: Like all evil things that are allowed to happen in this life God always get's the last laugh and in the case of rape an innocent child is the result of a heinous act. While non Christians have a very hard time with forgiveness, many Christians don't and I'm sure there are enough cases where this has happened and the child was not aborted. As for the mother being reminded of rape when they see the product of this crime, the child, this doesn't have to be the case if they are willing to forgive. In fact, I know personally of people that have been sexual abused and forgiven their abuser and have normal lives. Such is the power of Jesus Christ.

It was my understanding that god-talk was not allowed here.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
All god praising aside, carrying the bastard child of a rape is torture and the worst hell on earth for the rape victim. What sadistic god and god follower would associate the product of a rape and the product, bastard child, as a blessing? There are no words to describe the stupidity and ass backward this way of thinking represents.

To be perfectly honest, carrying the bastard child full term is really not the worst part of this no abortion deal. The worst part is having to care for a child you didn't plan, want or wish for. Having to feed, bathe, breast feed and generally provide all care needed buy an infant under the psychological trauma experienced by rape victims must be devastating. But god and it's follower see no evil, hear no evil and do no evil attitude toward the rapist and the bastard child is just disgusting and promotes hatred both for the bastard child and toward those that are hell bent on forcing the traumatized raped would be mother the unfortunate situation of caring for the rapist's offspring. Cruel.

NotLurking

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
A hypothetical rape victim is not the topic here. Two real lives were lost, when one might have been saved. There was no scenario with a favourable outcome for the foetus.

I defy anyone in that situation to stand by and allow their daughter to die, as Esperanza's mother was forced to do.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
This can be argued until the end of time but it is clear that the DR is very backward in their thinking on this matter. It also shows clearly that here woman have little value when it comes to their own decisions. Is abortion the answer to all problems of course not but in some cases it can mean the difference of life or death. A medical decision should outweigh a religious one.

Absolutely correct, a medical decision should outway a religious one. We'll never know but I don't think having an abortion and more timely chemo would have saved this girls life, however she should have been given the chance for life. If my daughter I would have turned over heaven and hell to get proper treatment for her, legal or illegal.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Like all evil things that are allowed to happen in this life God always get's the last laugh and in the case of rape an innocent child is the result of a heinous act. While non Christians have a very hard time with forgiveness, many Christians don't and I'm sure there are enough cases where this has happened and the child was not aborted. As for the mother being reminded of rape when they see the product of this crime, the child, this doesn't have to be the case if they are willing to forgive. In fact, I know personally of people that have been sexual abused and forgiven their abuser and have normal lives. Such is the power of Jesus Christ.

What utter nonsense! Living your life based upon fairy tales, but I suspect it is not within your power to overcome the brainwashing.

Dec 26, 2011
While non Christians have a very hard time with forgiveness, many Christians don't

There are members of this forum that are not Christian and your statement is found to be hilariously absurd on many levels by at least one of them.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
While I know nothing of this tragic young woman and her circumstance, I seem to always have an opinion. It seems to me that in this and other countries to many men are put in charge of making the laws and the decisions that govern a woman's life and body. This is not whether abortion is right or wrong, it is about having the right to choose what is the decision a woman in this position finds herself. As someone else stated banning abortion does not stop them from happening, it just makes it far more dangerous with the possibility of life threatening consequences. In the year 2012 it saddens me this kind of situation is still occurring.
The greatest loss is the life of a young woman, my deepest sympathy and regards to her family.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Absolutely correct, a medical decision should outway a religious one. We'll never know but I don't think having an abortion and more timely chemo would have saved this girls life, however she should have been given the chance for life. If my daughter I would have turned over heaven and hell to get proper treatment for her, legal or illegal.

Bob there are three words on the Dominican flag, Dios, Patria, libertad why do you think Dios is the first word? You pray to your God that he give you the power to make the right decision, but you never put anything before your religious beliefs.

" I live by Faith and not by sight" are words a lot of people live by. You choose science, other parents choose faith. The avenue you take to save your child is not wrong, nor are the parents who choose to use their faith as their vehicle.

BTW Very sad to hear what happen to the young lady, and feel sad for her family.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
For those would pretend that beliefs cannot be forced by society on a person I challenge you to not pay your taxes, run a red light(in the States) or better shoot your neigbor for being a jerk and get back with me with the results.

Society is therefore all about the creation of norms, ie rules and regulations. Unfortunately in the case of abortion we have been hoodwinked into believing a women's right to have her child killed is more important than a human life. I honestly can't think of any other examples out there where killing is made so cheap.

All reasonable people can agree to disagree. Going by your statement above, then the Taliban has a right to do what they wanted to do in Afghanistan. Just sayin.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2011
All reasonable people can agree to disagree. Going by your statement above, then the Taliban has a right to do what they wanted to do in Afghanistan. Just sayin.

Fundamentalism all ends up being the same disdain for humanity- doesn't matter which invisible friend they talk to.

Dec 26, 2011
Bob there are three words on the Dominican flag, Dios, Patria, libertad why do you think Dios is the first word? You pray to your God that he give you the power to make the right decision, but you never put anything before your religious beliefs.

" I live by Faith and not by sight" are words a lot of people live by. You choose science, other parents choose faith. The avenue you take to save your child is not wrong, nor are the parents who choose to use their faith as their vehicle.

BTW Very sad to hear what happen to the young lady, and feel sad for her family.

When a patient recovers thanks to medical talent the ignorant thank their invisible friend. When success is not achieved, in spite of great effort, the doctors are blamed. It's absurd.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
According to my research here are some facts:

A CNN article on 7-25 states that this girl wasn't receiving treatment but this article states the girl was evaluated on 7-18 and that her treatment started on 7-20 Joven con leucemia recibe quimioterapia - DiarioLibre.com

Also, in the same article a lawmaker said the issue is an artificial debate and that there is no issue.

The issue was made public during a recent conference for women in SD whereby a group of feminists lobbied for the girl to receive chemo three days after she had already actually started receiving treatment. Feministas piden aplicar quimioterapia a joven embarazada - DiarioLibre.com

Finally, the Catholic Church apparently has been supporting the girl's right to receive chemo and actually paid for part of the treatment Cardenal dispone ayuda a paciente con leucemia - DiarioLibre.com

Therefore the only issue I see here is CNN can't get their facts straight. Apparently for a lot here on this forum that doesn't matter. Some of you would make a good lynch crowd, figuratively speaking (I hope).

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
When a patient recovers thanks to medical talent the ignorant thank their invisible friend. When success is not achieved, in spite of great effort, the doctors are blamed. It's absurd.

Agnostics ? Okay I respect that, because it is your beliefs. You see JMB773 debate alot of topics, but one thing I will never debate is a person beliefs.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

I state an obvious fact and now you've turned it to say that I support any enforcement of any laws?????

Are you crazy or what buddy, seriously??????

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
According to my research here are some facts:

A CNN article on 7-25 states that this girl wasn't receiving treatment but this article states the girl was evaluated on 7-18 and that her treatment started on 7-20 Joven con leucemia recibe quimioterapia - DiarioLibre.com

Also, in the same article a lawmaker said the issue is an artificial debate and that there is no issue.

The issue was made public during a recent conference for women in SD whereby a group of feminists lobbied for the girl to receive chemo three days after she had already actually started receiving treatment. Feministas piden aplicar quimioterapia a joven embarazada - DiarioLibre.com

Finally, the Catholic Church apparently has been supporting the girl's right to receive chemo and actually paid for part of the treatment Cardenal dispone ayuda a paciente con leucemia - DiarioLibre.com

Therefore the only issue I see here is CNN can't get their facts straight. Apparently for a lot here on this forum that doesn't matter. Some of you would make a good lynch crowd, figuratively speaking (I hope).

If the facts are as Chip presents, then it is making amountain out of a molehill. That said, the laws must be made that support medical decisions in favour of the living, not the yet to be born.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
If the facts are as Chip presents, then it is making amountain out of a molehill. That said, the laws must be made that support medical decisions in favour of the living, not the yet to be born.

I just can't sit around and be idle while people post lies.

As far as making a mountain out a molehill tell that to the guy who compared me to a Taliban because I stated societies have laws. :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Folks, I really think this has been beaten to death and we cannot really resolve anything more. Not for the poor girl, not for the study of ethics; not for any church...so let me close this down and say " Thanks to you all for your input."

Otherwise, if you have an earth-shattering brain f@rt that will make everything clear, send me a PM, okay???

Cordially,

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.