President names ousted former Youth Minister vice consul in Barcelona

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Luz-del-Alba-Jimenez-Listin-Diario-1024x718.png

Previous to the appointment as the country’s new deputy consul in Barcelona, Spain, Luz del Alba Jiménez had made headlines following accusations of corruption in office. She was removed from her position.

Apparently she was never prosecuted for the charges. She had replaced Kinsberly Taveras Duarte (Kimberly Taveras), the first choice when President Luis Abinader began his government in August 2020. Taveras Duarte had also been removed on charges of having accumulated enormous wealth during her short years in municipal government without being able to substantiate the sources.

Listin Diario reports that Luz del Alba Jimenez, former Minister of Youth, was appointed vice consul at the Dominican Consulate in Barcelona, Spain on 14 February (Decree 53-23).

Listin Diario says that its sources in the Senate say the appointment was not approved or rejected in the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Reading the papers every morning and the news from Dolores leads to early morning depression as one realises that nothing really changes here no matter what party is in power..there is still corruption and mismanagement and jobs for the mates . I wonder if Dominicans just accept the situation because they know that it will never change .

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Reading the papers every morning and the news from Dolores leads to early morning depression as one realises that nothing really changes here no matter what party is in power..there is still corruption and mismanagement and jobs for the mates . I wonder if Dominicans just accept the situation because they know that it will never change .
is it not the same the world over .........The show must go on

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I wonder what her connection is to who/what.
Edit: I looked her up.
One of the founders and member of the PRM.
Coordinadora de la Juventud Zona R-1 2012
Directora de Crecimiento Municipal de la Juventud 2016
Miembro de Juventud con Domingo Batista Alcalde 2016-2020
Directora de comunicación Región Oriental 3, año 2017
Coordinadora municipal “Mujeres Jóvenes” 2017
Vicepresidenta municipal institucional “Mujeres Jóvenes” 2017
Secretaria general institucional Zona R-1 2018 (cargo electivo)
Directora de comunicación y vocera del proyecto “Juventud con Manuel Jiménez Alcalde” 2020-2024
Directora ejecutiva municipal “Juventud con Luis Abinader Presidente” 2018 Santo Domingo Este

She's a hard core member of the party. That's why.

Last edited: