Presupuesto para dinero

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
ok first, I mentionned 1000 us$ as an exemple. The amount is not the matter here.
I just shared an experience about what seems to work for me. And I'm totally pleased with that situation because I dont hear anything about money and thats paradise in an extranjero-dominicana relationship.

1000 us$ was given as an example. The amount here is not important...

Apparently a lot of people have reading comprehension problems. Maybe if you say it a 3rd time they will actually read it.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
You are treating her as an adult and giving her responsibility. I'm sure that she appreciates that.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Yes especially when she is 18...
Actually I'm just amazed everyday how that changed her behaviour towards money. Its even me who must tell me that she could take it a bit easier... It looks like our lives will be in danger if there is no more money on the 29the of the month...

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
So you feel that a woman who cooks, cleans, does the household shopping etc. should have no personal money? If her shoes wear out she should be barefoot?

What she is doing has value. If this is a relationship rather than an economic arrangement, she should be appreciated.

Agreed.

For everything that she does around the house (maintaining the home) she deserves whatever the amount.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post
So you feel that a woman who cooks, cleans, does the household shopping etc. should have no personal money? If her shoes wear out she should be barefoot?

What she is doing has value. If this is a relationship rather than an economic arrangement, she should be appreciated.

ok the budget is for the both of us.
She can buy what she wants. So can I as long as there is money left to eat on the last day of the month...
we are thinking toghether as a couple... And of course all what she does has as much value as what I do
But then again, I'm just sharing this as an eventual solution to the eternal money problems involved in a foreigner-dominicana relationship. It works perfect for me so far. Maybe you can try with you... That'all... Its not a question of live or death here

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
rep dom, chicagoan raised doubts regarding the post by la la land commander. of course what a woman does at home has a value. you may be providing the money but she is providing her time and efforts, that alone counts for something.

Apr 7, 2014

I was asking questions based on the number or phrase "I give her $1000" as being a real number. The OP said it wasnt a real number, just a hypothetical. His point was he gives this woman money to manage the household and she manages it well. You make of it what you want to. I have drawn my conclusion.

But...he never said if she was working or not.

Who cares what I feel? What I think is if she needs personal money she needs a job. "If her shoes wear out should be barefoot?" If she is an 'ama de casa' what does she need shoes for? Where does she have to go she cant make it there in flip-flops? Where does she have to go, in any event, where she needs to make a grand ballroom entrance? I think the person personally earning the money is the only person who deserves personal money. She is just cooking the food and so on. Dont make it sound like she MacGyver'd him a jacuzzi from 6 ice cream sandwiches and a book of matches.

We are not in the intricate workings of their life to know if this is a relationship OR an economic arrangement. In either case, there are presently more upsides than downsides for both parties. Only time will tell if the cake baked well.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
A grown man looking for affirmation and recognition that he trained a Dominican woman to balance a household budget.................bizarre.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
please, I did not train anyone. I just tried a solution and it happened to work fine, for the moment
This is a real relationship and certainly not an economical arrangment. And, to answer the question. she does nt work
She says she wants to work which is fine with me and I will certainly help her as much as I can

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Some of you need to get a life, instead of pulling someone apart for posting their solution to a problem. Plus he should not have to defend his decision, especially as he's obviously happy with it and it's working out for him.

I don't see anything more can come of this thread, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.