Pro-DR March in NYC

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
Mr Solano is a big partisan of Ramfis Dominguez Trujillo....Mr Trujillo has promised a "mano dura" against the Haitians...the connection is clear....

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Americans need to learn just one thing don't play in other countries politics. DiBlasio is an idiot for getting involved. Poor Haitians....Yea right they need to fix their own problems. They keep electing thieves to be President and then nations pour money into their economy and say this time will be different...…..Really people?

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Americans need to learn just one thing don't play in other countries politics. DiBlasio is an idiot for getting involved. Poor Haitians....Yea right they need to fix their own problems. They keep electing thieves to be President and then nations pour money into their economy and say this time will be different...…..Really people?

In my opinion, it also shows DiBlasio’s unawareness of the DR/ Haiti history on a larger scale. I first read about it in the newspaper and thought how ridiculous. The Dominican Day parade is a celebration of Dominican culture, all things Dominican. The diaspora is large in NYC and its their day. Haiti can have its own parade in NYC since they have a large diaspora too. Linking Haiti to DR for everything is wrong and especially from a cultural perspective please. Basta ya!

-MP.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
In my opinion, it also shows DiBlasio’s unawareness of the DR/ Haiti history on a larger scale. I first read about it in the newspaper and thought how ridiculous. The Dominican Day parade is a celebration of Dominican culture, all things Dominican. The diaspora is large in NYC and its their day. Haiti can have its own parade in NYC since they have a large diaspora too. Linking Haiti to DR for everything is wrong and especially from a cultural perspective please. Basta ya!

-MP.

If they can't organize their own government. Do you think they can organize their own parade?.....LOL. Haiti needs to get their act together. It has been 3 decades since the days of Duvalier. The excuses have run out. I have not one ounce of sympathy for them.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
If they can't organize their own government. Do you think they can organize their own parade?.....LOL. Haiti needs to get their act together. It has been 3 decades since the days of Duvalier. The excuses have run out. I have not one ounce of sympathy for them.

I hear you but who is to say Haitians in NYC were pushing the idea? When I read the article in the newspaper I got perception it was DiBlasio. Maybe he thought it was great idea but once again it goes to show you when you have no knowledge or you don’t know the whole story stay out.

-MP.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
I hear you but who is to say Haitians in NYC were pushing the idea? When I read the article in the newspaper I got perception it was DiBlasio. Maybe he thought it was great idea but once again it goes to show you when you have no knowledge or you don’t know the whole story stay out.

-MP.

The Haitians should have rebuffed the mayors offer period. (In a Spicer voice)

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
A day late, a dollar short? Still confused. From the size of the protest and the cost of Delta main cabin seats was it worth it?

...I think it was a wasted effort, doing that in NYC.....most of the locals there dont know about the issue or dont care...........

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
...I think it was a wasted effort, doing that in NYC.....most of the locals there dont know about the issue or dont care...........

Not quite sure why they had the little girl ,Ciego Garcia, on the front row of the march. What does she have to do with it? I have my thoughts but rather not say.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

...you are probably right...we americans do need to stay out of most other countries politics...but alas the usa government does not listen to most of its citizens

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
...you are probably right...we americans do need to stay out of most other countries politics...but alas the usa government does not listen to most of its citizens

I've said it in many different posts. Our enemies were once our allies. Leave Dominican politics to the Dominicans

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Not quite sure why they had the little girl ,Ciego Garcia, on the front row of the march. What does she have to do with it? I have my thoughts but rather not say.

I presume because the man who attacked her was a Haitian.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
It doesn’t. This pro DR-Anti Haiti march had nothing to do with the mayor or the other parade.

Trying my best to follow this thread. One minute is was the Mayor and parade, then it isn't. I have no clue what is going on.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Trying my best to follow this thread. One minute is was the Mayor and parade, then it isn't. I have no clue what is going on.

OK went back to post #1 and read the thread again. If I ignore all the Mayor and parade talk I think I am finally beginning to understand.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015

They have their parade.....Haitian Day Parade takes place annually along Nostrand Avenue / Toussaint Louverture Boulevard (NY's Little Haiti), Brooklyn, New York City in the month of May....

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Yes, but how does that tie in with the Mayor's decision and the parade?
It has more to do with Cielo Garcia's story not receiving international attention, presumably because the aggressor was a Haitian.

Popular Dominican opinion implies that had the situation been the opposite, that is the aggressor a Dominican and the victim a Haitian, the international press would had echoed the story with much vigor in addition to mentioning Trujillo, how horrible the DR is, how despicable the Dominican people are, etc, etc, etc.

JLA1125

Aug 14, 2013
This took place on USA soil, am I not correct? What has always had me "scratching my head" is why so much pride talk comes from people who no longer live in their beloved native land. Not being critical, just wondering.

I'm an American who no longer lives in the USA. Does that mean that I should no longer have pride for my beloved native land?

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Can you amagen if we had a pro usa march in the DR?
I am more or less happy here but most doms relly don't like gringos...