Pro-DR March in NYC

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Can you amagen if we had a pro usa march in the DR?
I am more or less happy here but most doms relly don't like gringos...
It isn’t equivalent. Last time I checked, DR’s government has zero influence on the inner workings of the US government, nor does the DR punishes American politicians when things don’t go the way some Dominican government officials think they should.

DR’s pressure on US immigration policy is null.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Most Dominicans have no issues with Americans, but sometimes the US government pokes its nose a little too much and a little too deep in other countries businesses. That produces a dislike towards the US government concerning those particular issues, but it has zero effect on what anyone thinks of the actual American people.

Sometimes the issue isn’t from the US government per se, but from certain US ambassadors that suffer from arrogance and think their word should be the law of a land that’s suppose to be a sovereign country. Wally know a thing or two about this, ahem ahem.

To suggest otherwise simply show a complete lack of understanding how Dominicans think.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
It isn’t equivalent. Last time I checked, DR’s government has zero influence on the inner workings of the US government, nor does the DR punishes American politicians when things don’t go the way some Dominican government officials think they should.

DR’s pressure on US immigration policy is null.

It takes two to Tango.

DR allows any influence themselves as quid pro quo let's not forget.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Most Dominicans have no issues with Americans, but sometimes the US government pokes its nose a little too much and a little too deep in other countries businesses. That produces a dislike towards the US government concerning those particular issues, but it has zero effect on what anyone thinks of the actual American people.

To suggest otherwise simply show a complete lack of understanding how Dominicans think.

The good, you are Dominican, the bad - this is the same way Talibans think.

To suggest any other way is a complete lack of how the middle east think.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
I hear you but who is to say Haitians in NYC were pushing the idea? When I read the article in the newspaper I got perception it was DiBlasio. Maybe he thought it was great idea but once again it goes to show you when you have no knowledge or you don’t know the whole story stay out.

-MP.

No surprise there. That seems like something he would do. The Parade should be for Dominicans, and whoever they choose to include, not forced to take.