Problem with visa

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Has anyone overstayed after the new stamp was on their passport and came back? Why would they change it to this lol....

I can only guess. Perhaps the reason is to let visitors know how long they are legally in the country. But one can really never know the actual reason.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The reason is really very simple. They want to make sure they collect the money when you leave. A lot slip through the cracks now. This way they just look at the stamp and send you to pay....................

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I can only guess. Perhaps the reason is to let visitors know how long they are legally in the country. But one can really never know the actual reason.
I agree. Everything is computerized. They scan the passport and your exit is automatically blocked if you're over. But now people can't say they didn't know or it's a system glitch if it's stamped in the passport, same as many other countries do.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The reason is really very simple. They want to make sure they collect the money when you leave. A lot slip through the cracks now. This way they just look at the stamp and send you to pay....................

With the passport scans being computerized and blocked after 30 days for those on tourist cards, it is not a requirement to change the stamp and put the date, but then I did say we don't really know the reason.

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
With the passport scans being computerized and blocked after 30 days for those on tourist cards, it is not a requirement to change the stamp and put the date, but then I did say we don't really know the reason.

what do you mean blocked after 30 days on a tourist card?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
what do you mean blocked after 30 days on a tourist card?

After 30 days your passport is locked automatically by immigration once you pay exit fee it’s unlocked , when you leave and are at custom before you go to custom desk your are asked to see your passport now and they direct you to proper line makes more efficient and smoother , overstayer in POP go right he scans passport you pay you leave...all the new stamp does is help direct where you go ...who would think efficiency in DR

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
After 30 days your passport is locked automatically by immigration once you pay exit fee it’s unlocked , when you leave and are at custom before you go to custom desk your are asked to see your passport now and they direct you to proper line makes more efficient and smoother , overstayer in POP go right he scans passport you pay you leave...all the new stamp does is help direct where you go ...who would think efficiency in DR

ahhhh ok I always come to and from Santiago airport in the middle of the night and am the only person in line maybe two or three people ahead